Chateau, 3 Bedrooms, 2 Baths, 1 Half Baths, Sleeps 10 (8 adults)
Vacasa of Costa Rica
- English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
The perfect retreat
My husband and I enjoyed sleeping with the fresh air and sounds of nature. I took a bath in an outdoor tub that had hot water hooked up to it. We saw banana trees and pretty flowers on the property. We had everything we needed to cook meals. We sat out on the deck and watched the light turn to darkness in the mountains. It was a truly relaxing experience.
unacceptable considering price
Colorful house is true, location is great, the rest much to be desired. Here are my points :
1) directions are inadequate and misleading
2) table on deck to have meals outside is missing
3) both bathrooms smell/stink as sinks are not equipped with traps and no ventilation pipes detected
4) The fact that guests are invited not to discard used toilet paper into the bowl is highly
unusual and quite unsanitary
5) outside shower would be nice
6) kitchen accessories including tin cutlery inadequate as far as quality is concerned
7) Only plastic chairs throughout the house
8) "Sleeps 10" is a stretch, certainly if most occupants are adults
7) If guests are looking for youth hostel/camping site/Peace Corps feel, this is the house
for you. Considering the rather steep price inclusive fees, higher and
better overall quality and attention to detail should be expected.
We appreciate you telling us about your experience and are sorry to see so many things disappointed you. After hearing this review the owner has decided to purchase a new, wood dining room table with seats for eight and new chairs to replace the plastic ones. He will also purchase new stainless steel silverware. Disposing of toilet paper in a garbage can is not unusual in Costa Rica, but the owner feels this home will be fine, so the sign regarding discarding toilet paper has been removed. We have also purchased signs to help make locating the home easier for our guests. Thank you!