LES HAUTS DE BEYNAC is a unique 14th Century stone house located at the top of the village of Beynac, voted as "one of the most beautiful villages in France".
Only a short stroll away from the majestic Castle of Beynac, the house is on the top of the 500 foot cliff, providing, quite simply, the most spectacular views! With the river Dordogne stretching away in the valley below, you can see no fewer than five chateaux from the secluded sun trap patio garden with its private pool and terrace.
Nestled at the end of a dead-end lane, the house is very comfortable for 4 up to 6 guests.
At ground floor:
* From the lane, the majestic porch leads to a romantic and flowered yard
* The front door opens directly on to a cosy room with stone walls, terracota floors, wooden beams, and the antique fireplace. There is a table and seats for 4 and a TV area
* it has a small, fully equipped kitchen ideal for preparing your own meals. The dining room offers 6 seats and a large antique wooden table.
* The sitting room is also very comfortable with its 4 armchairs and large coffee table. There is a large collection of books, DVD, and hifi system for entertainment. It enjoys breathtaking views over the magnificent Dordogne river.
* Interconnected is a small corridor leading to a shower room and separate toilet.
* Adjacent is a superb double bedded room, with large storage area, and the same unique views over the river and the valley.
* From the entrance hall, a large oak staircase leads to the 1st floor where are two bedrooms, one double and a twin.
From the front yard : Laundry room with washing machine and dryer.
Free wireless internet access throughout
Although the house is very pretty and comfortable inside, it is probably outside that you will make the most of it!
The house faces south with a large terrace to enjoy the peace and tranquility of this exceptional site.
From the early mornings (you are above the mist!) to the sunshine, you can spend all day just enjoying the spectacular views!
The terrace is equipped with table and chairs and a covered summer kitchen with sink and charcoal bbq for you to enjoy cooking al fresco, and dining under the stars.
Last, but not least!, the 6mx3m fully private pool is "the cherry on the cake" of this amazing property. It is equipped with loungers, outside shower, and enjoys the same panoramic views over the valley of the 5 castles.
And for the comfort of our guests you can park 80m from the house on a private car park for residents only (small fee parking card to collect to the Town Hall on arrival day)