Villa Verde is a beautiful holiday home, located 10 minutes walk from the Vieux Port and the Plage de la Concurrence. It consists of four beautiful bedrooms with bathroom, a large living room & dining room overlooking the south facing terrace, garden side, a very well equipped kitchen and a small walled garden. WiFi, bicycle loan and housekeeping are included to make the most of your stay. The Villa has been completely renovated in the spring of 2016. It has been tastefully decorated with upscale amenities. Perfect for groups and families with children.
- House2152 sq. ft.
- Separate WCs0
- Min. Stay5 nights
- english, french, spanish, portuguese
- Calendar last updated:
- 29 Aug 2018
Sports & Adventure Activities
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
A very beautiful house
Wow. We've just returned from La Rochelle, staying in Villa Verde for 7 nights and it was everything we expected and more. The owners met us on arrival, gave us a lovely welcome pack including a bottle of local bubbly, and explained the basics. The 4 bedrooms, all with ensuites were spotless, beautiful linen and soft furnishings. Lots of space for three teenagers to chill out with wifi. Distance from the town was 10 mins walk and if you hop on one of the new bikes available at the house you're there in no time.
Lots to see and do out and about or just relaxing on the balcony, a great sun trap.
Not sure if small children would be safe as the stairs are wooden spiral and high, glass tables, steep stone steps out the front and back too. The deposit was requested in Euros on the website, however when I asked about taking GBP the owners were understanding and accepted £1000 instead. Having to hand over €1000 and getting it back on the last day of your holidays means a loss on the exchange back home.
A definite must.
SUPERBE VILLA POUR DES VACANCES EN FAMILLE A LA ROCHELLE
nous avons passé le séjour à la Rochelle très agréable. La maison est super spacieuse, propre et tout près du centre ville et du port.
On peut tout faire à pieds. Pas besoin de voiture ni de vélo. On peut trouver facilement des places pour garer notre voiture.
Le petit plus est que chaque chambre dispose d' une douche et toilette , d'où pas besoin de faire la queue pour se laver lorsqu'on est nombreux.
Super accueil à l'arriver par Sandy. Les propriétaires très gentils.
- Restaurants: At rue Saint Jean du Pérot you will find more authentic restaurants than on the Old Port. Here are some good addresses (At Saint Jean du Perot street there are many good restaurants, less than the Old Port. Here are some nice ones that we recommend:
* L'Aunis: regional French cuisine (traditional meals from the region)
* The Fleur de Sel: modern French cuisine (modern french cuisine)
* 4 Sargents: French cuisine, more chic (french cuisine, fancier than the other)
* Theater Café: oyster bar, tapas, serves until 00h (Oyster bar, tapas, serves until 00h)
* Koi: Thai and Japanese cuisine, serves until 00h (Thai and Japanese cuisine, serves until 00:00).
* André: famous restaurant in La Rochelle, for seafood. Ask for a table on the terrace, overlooking the La Rochelle Towers (Renowned restaurant in La Rochelle, for seafood. Ask for a table on the terrace, overlooking the Towers of La Rochelle).
The Central Market of La Rochelle is open every day, up to 13 hours, with a larger number of merchants on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Try the Saveurs restaurant in L'R, located at Gambetta Street, in the market district, to taste the local cuisine.
The Central Market of La Rochelle is open every day, until approximately 1 p. m, and it's bigger on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Try the Saveurs Restaurant in L'R, located in rue Gambetta, in the market district, to taste the local cuisine.