- English, Croatian, Yugoslaw, Slovenian, Learning Italian language.
Hello my name is Natasha :) I moved to Italy one year ago to help my friends taking care of their b&b when they wanted to take vacation. First I helped my dear friend Dunja, after I get called by her friend Lev so I went to take care of his b&b. They gave me a lot of information what to do or where to go in Venice, so I can help you with some tips about places to visit in romantic Venice. I found this job very interesting, meeting new people and to be in contact all the time with people. I also like clean space and my passion for cooking all kind of food is getting bigger day by day. So here I am on your service ladys and gentlemans ;) I kindly invite you to our very interesting and positive home.
Why Natasha chose Mestre
Dunja just gave birth to a beautiful baby girl Mya, so I am here to help her, you and myself as well. So much new things, positive things is going on lately and I am really happy to welcome you in happy vibes!
What makes this Bed And Breakfast unique
It's so artistic and you feel very cosy and free in the apartament.
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
A pleasant weekend break
We booked this mini break last minute and considering this, the host Natasha was so helpful and accommodating. The apartment had good facilities and travel to and from the airport and Venizia was very easy.
Fantastic place to stay
On our 5 week trip around Europe this was our favourite place that we stayed in. The rooms are stylish, clean and comfortable (with AC!) and a little terrace. Natascha was a great host, very accommodating and helpful. The bathroom(s) and kitchen were clean and all the facilities were excellent. If we were to come back to Venice we would stay again and recommend it to anyone!
Quiet B&B Close to Venice
Here are thoughts & suggestions from 2 retired Americans on a 3 week vacation in Italy, Austria, and Germany. We stayed at 7 VRBO homes (2 Bed & Breakfasts, 4 apartments, and 1 efficiency).
General Experiences at all VRBOs:
- Tax: almost all places collect a special tax (~ a couple euro/person/night) often not mentioned in the offered price.
- Wash Cloth: Europeans have a different approach apparently. Most rentals do not provide wash cloths. Bring your own or go to store and purchase.
- Rental Type: Set your expectations properly by understanding the difference between bed & breakfast, apartment, and efficiency.
- Address: It seems HomeAway suggests the Rentees provide the address only 1 week or less before the rental date. Unfortunately this makes travel planning for longer trips more complicated. It would be nice if they provided actual address 3 weeks before rental date.
- Business Hours: It was interesting dealing with business hours in different countries. We started in Rome where almost everything was closed in early afternoon and then open very late into the night. Then when in Austria, we had to search hard to find open stores after 6pm. We also ran into multiple non-standard holiday issues that affected when businesses were available.
- Google & Apple Maps: Don’t always trust Electronic Maps for directions. Use your common sense. Google Maps routed us on a 1-2 miles walk to catch a bus that was only 1-2 blocks away.
- Laundry: Many places had washers, but plan to air dry clothes.
Specific to Venice:
Natasha manages and lives in the Bed & Breakfast and answered all our questions in English. We purchased groceries a block from the Bed & Breakfast and ate them for supper and for breakfast (note: no cooking permitted - so only cold items). The bedroom had a great patio and very modern TV with internet connection. Public transportation made it easy to visit Venice in 10 minutes.
It's a nice and big apartment located near the bridge to Venice island with a short and easy tram drive (only 10 minutes to all the main attractions in Venice!). The tram cost is just 1.50 euro.
It's a really convenient solution for people who want to stay close to Venice without the thought of carrying big and heavy luggage thru old steps and bridges in Venice, and just enjoying their time rested, away from the tourist crowd.