3 BR, 2 Bth, kids loft, waterfront, authentic log/beam construction,water access
I am a wife and mother of three active boys who love to fish and kayak in the creek. I am also a K12 career counselor in one of the local schools. I am originally from Levittown, outside of Philadelphia. I attended Neshaminy Maple Point. This is my second venture in taking a "fixer-upper" home in a great location and doing a total remodel to meet the standards of a lovely vacation home. I am an HGTV fan which inspires me to take on "too rustic" homes and make them beautiful. I attended Bloomsburg University, Indiana University, Bucknell University, and completed my doctorate at Liberty University. I want all my guests to have a relaxing, comfortable stay.
Brenda purchased this House in 2018
Why Brenda chose New Berlin
This is my second venture in taking a "fixer-upper" home in a great location and doing a total remodel to meet the standards of a lovely vacation home. Feel free to check out my other property, Bear Den number 678814. I selected this home because of the property site. I loved the access to the creek and views of the farms. I also know that many people visiting the area are attending events at Bucknell or Susquehanna University or wedding in the area or just want to relax in beautiful central PA. This location provides very convenient access to all those venues. I must admit too that I loved the idea that this was an old log home in colonial times! I loved revealing the old log beams and thinking about how old that wood was and the men that hand-hewed the logs. Amazing!
What makes this House unique
Waterfront Charming historical architectural features - log revealed and hand-hewed beams side sitting porch, keeping room Views! Location, Location, Location! Convenient to many sites in Lewisburg, Mifflinburg and Selinsgrove! Heart of Central PA!
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
New Berlin - Brenda
My family completely enjoyed their stay.
Long Weekend with Family
We absolutely loved staying at this property in New Berlin! We wanted to get away and disconnect from it all, and this Tiny Town in the middle of a bunch of a couple other Charming Towns was the perfect way to do it. We loved Lewisburg, a short drive away and the wineries in surrounding areas. Accommodations were beautiful! We loved and appreciated all the renovations to a very old house. We brought our dogs and so the fenced-in yard was absolutely perfect for them. The fire pit was a hit every night! The entire place was perfect for our family and we had enough space for everybody. Fresh chocolate chip cookies and iced tea greeted us as we arrived :-) The check-in process was super simple and Brenda was extremely helpful in making sure we had all of our questions answered prior to arriving. She was flexible, communicative, and helpful through the entire process! The house is beautifully decorated and we had everything we needed! As far as the sleeping Arrangements, the futon couch in the keeping room is definitely not large enough for two grown adults. We tried it for one night, but it was difficult. Pull out couch in the living room was confy! All in all though, there were plenty of other options for sleeping elsewhere! And plenty of blankets, pillows, sheets, and linens were provided as well. Verything was very clean! Be prepared for the large amount of bugs as the house is right on the river. We were extremely happy with our stay!
This property worked well for our family. We love to cook and share a meal and the kitchen provided a wonderful space for family time. The fenced in back yard and fire pit were a big hit!
Nebraska gang finds the perfect house for our family vacation!
First I want to say that Brenda was exceptional in working with us for our extenuating circumstances. We were attempting a vacation with a handicapped family member, multiple families and various ages. The home was able to accommodate that very well. We were even able to have a hospital bed and equipment delivered in advance. Brenda made all of this very easy for us. The home was lovely and has such a family friendly atmosphere while at the same time feeling the touches of luxury. I can’t stress enough how accommodating Brenda was for our family situation. The preservation of the original details of the home was beautiful to the eye and so appreciated. I would highly recommend Brenda and this VRBO home to anyone whether couple or families!!
It was so nice to have you! My neighbors even commented that they liked you! :) Come back again!
Home away from home!
I highly recommend staying at this property. The newly renovated house is charming and cozy. It is clean, spacious and extremely welcoming. The kitchen has a large center island/table which was where we spent most of our time. The 2 bedrooms upstairs were roomy and the beds were very comfortable.
The owner, Brenda, is a pleasure to deal with and very accommodating. She was available at all times to answer any questions I had. We booked this property for the weekend of my daughter’s wedding. We needed to rent a property that would allow us to bring our dogs. Brenda not only allowed our dogs but also offered to have her son come over during the day to feed them and take them out so we wouldn’t have to leave the wedding/reception. I can’t express enough how much Brenda’s hospitality and kindness meant to us!
You had beautiful dogs and I'm glad we could work it out! You were generous to my son and he really appreciated it!
Bucknell Cycling Classic Weekend Family Gathering
We had an amazing time! Brenda was there to greet us Friday night when we arrived to show us around the house. My favorite room in the house is the kitchen-plenty of space to gather together for a meal. Everything in the house is newly renovated. We will be back! Thanks, Brenda.
Thanks for coming! You were one of the first guests and I appreciated your feedback tremendously.
A benefit to the town of New Berlin is that it is centrally located to several towns and things to do. Close by visits are antique shops, a winery, a pottery, wildlife parks, shopping, Knoebels amusement and water park, and historic sites. Here are some ideas for you to consider…
• Visit State Park R B Winter and hike, swim, or bike.
• Fish, kayak or tube the famous Penns Creek. Close by kayak rentals call 570-966-4104.
• Go for lunch at The Fence (Milton) an outdoor drive-in or outdoor eatery that overlooks the river.
• Visit T&Ds Cats of the World (Penns Creek), Reptile Land (Allenwood), or take a safari ride at Lake Tobias Wildlife Park (Halifax).
• Schedule time at the any of the area golf courses, Shade Mountain, Bucknell or Selinsgrove.
• Hike or bike ride the scenic rails to trails and stop for sweet soft ice cream along the route at The Purple Cow.
• Swim at any of the three community pools or wade in Penns Creek or visit an amusement park such as Knoebels Grove (Elysburg) (free to enter) or Hershey Park (Hershey).
• Take a day to shop at the many antique and specialty shops in Mifflinburg, Lewisburg, or Selinsgrove. Go for a spa treatment at one of the local spas.
• Visit the buggy museum in town. Take in a movie at an Art Deco movie theater in Lewisburg or at the cinema at the Selinsgrove Mall.
• Visit Penns Creek Pottery, or visit the nearby winery vineyards, Shade Mountain Winery, and sample some of the locally made wines. Watch the evening races in the town of Penns Creek.
• Bike rentals are in close proximity to cottage.
• Fitness Center is available in Mifflinburg.
• Spy Glass winery has summer concert events.
• Places to eat: Carriage Corner, Rusty Rail Brew Pub, OIPs, and there is a new small bakery in Mifflinburg called Gable House
• New Berlin, Mifflinburg, and Lewisburg all have small parks. The one in New Berlin is a short walk from the house.
• Mennonite stores such as Wenger’s Grocery or Green Ridge Markets - both in Mifflinburg.
• Many places to shop in both Lewisburg and Selinsgrove.
**Or just relax on the back deck or backyard, watch the kayakers float by, have s'mores by the fire pit, and enjoy the view!
Bucknell University and Susquehanna University are an easy 13 mile drive from cottage. Penn State University is a 1 hour drive.