House located in a set of 3 apartments, built 2008.
- English, French, German, Spanish, Dutch
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
House only ok for the price, Location is good.
About the local area and the campsite: The campsite is a bit out of town, i know it says 1.8 km to the center but i would say more like 3 km. There are no local shops as such, you will have to drive to do your shopping. The campsite itself was nice with a well maintained pool area. It also has a nice little restaurant and bar area as well and the staff were very pleasant to us even with my very poor french. The beach near the campsite was nice but can get packed at the weekends. There are plenty of attractions in the local area, we enjoyed the grand aquarium in St Malo and going to Dinan which is just stunning and is 30 mins away. Mont San Michal is about 40 mins away by car but i think they have ruined it as they allow far too many people in there, it kinda feels like you are fighting your way through the streets most of the time, maybe a better time to visit would be in the winter months. Normandy is about a 2 hr drive away and also well worth a visit with plenty of historical attractions such as St mere Eglise, the D-Day beaches and the Bayeux tapestry. There are also plenty of activity parks in the area if you have small kids that can be reached by a short drive. Read lots of reviews online before going as some are better than others.
While we enjoyed our holiday in Dinard and the house itself was clean and well maintained i do have a few issues with it.
1. Kitchen was not fully kitted out, i.e no kettle for boiling water, we ended up buying one in a local shop.
2. The internal walls are paper thin, you can hear everything in everyone's else's rooms, thankfully the walls between apartments are thick so we could not hear anything next door.
3. If you are an English only speaker the TV only shows French channels (unless you are fluent in French), occasionally ITV or channel 4 would show up but they didn't work very well, we brought a usb drive with english movies so we could watch something.
4. Something that is not really clear in emailing the owners is that you have to bring your own bed linen with you otherwise you have to rent it for a fee per week for the 4 beds in the house.
5. You will have to supply all your own towels and toiletries as none are provided
6. The house is spartan in decoration, considering the money they are charging a few paintings on the wall or other bits would make the place more homely.
I think the house may be overpriced for what you are getting but the area itself is lovely and you can have a very relaxing stay.
Bon sejour, gite tres propre et bien situé
Petit bémol! Il manque espace de rangement pour épicerie... nous avons apprécié jardin clos et l' accès à la piscine du camping