100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
This home was wonderful. The plunge pool in the living room was divine. The air conditioner worked well in bedroom. The open air kitchen and living room and view of the ocean provided continuous sights and sounds that delight the senses. The shared outside pool just lovely. Alexandria was a perfect hostess. Greeting us upon arrival and responding to all our email questions. She warned us of the current construction before we arrived, and yes there was construction, but it did not impede our enjoyment personally. The location of the development is about 2.5 miles to what u might call city center. It is the “end of the road” and quiet. If you prefer to be in the heart of the activity and able to walk to it, then keep in mind the distance. Alexandria gave us contacts next door at Antonios where we ate dinner and they set us up with a cab company who provided air condtioned taxi service when we needed. There was a vegetable and fruit truck that came around and we loved that. Sophia the property manager was also very helpful. We had a wonderful vacation and hope to return next year!
Thank you so much for this review. I am so happy you enjoyed your time here!
The nearby construction is moving along very quickly and will be finished by October 2019.
In addition to the fruit and produce truck we now have someone who will deliver fresh fish, shrimp, lobster and octopus!
We look forward to having you visit again!
Construction Zone with major development happening all around! Banging noises from daylight to sunse
Absolutely the worst experience of my traveling life! Alexandria did not tell me about the construction. It does not say anywhere in her description there is major construction going on.She should not be renting at this time. I asked to leave early she said ok and that she would refund me my nights that I did not stay, she only refunded me for 1 night AND then charged me for a pillow that I did not take!!$75 dollar charge; she basically has called me a thief. Some People should not be in the hospitality business! This is a scam. I have filled a formal complaint through VRBO and now I will be contacting my lawyer. There has to be some rights as a renter. I wish i could post here the pictures and videos I took on this post so no one else has to spend their well deserved vacation in a construction zone with no peace and quiet. The workers show up at 7:30 am and start banging at 8am they work all day.If you wanted to swim in the infinity pool and you are totally comfortable with many construction workers starring at you then this is your place! Also, the workers can see right into the condo. I have a picture of a worker on a rope looking in at me from her kitchen.
I am in tears at the moment feeling like I have no power in this situation feeling like as a renter I have no rights, feeling like there is a person in this world who is not very nice that has my credit card number and charging me for pillows in my nightmares!!!
Just to clarify:
1) It was explained to this renter that the price of the rental was discounted due to nearby construction.
2) The condo is in a building that is fully completed and occupied by homeowners. A couple of the condos have been rented out regularly (through VRBO) and have received glowing reviews. Not one person has complained about nearby construction.
3) My previous renter was so happy he extended two days. He said he could not think of one thing he would do to make it better and is looking forward to returning.
4) The renter who wrote this review sent me an email upon her arrival writing “your place is incredibly beautiful. Everything is perfect..”
5) Several days later she said she wanted to leave early and wanted a refund - which was somewhat odd.
6) I offered to give this renter a refund for the days she wasn’t there, even though I was under no obligation to do so. Vacation time is precious and expensive and should be hassle free, I didn’t understand why this renter went from being totally happy to wanting to abruptly leave. Nevertheless, I agreed to give her a refund for the time she wasn’t there.
7) I asked her to please lock the door and leave the keys with the office manager when she departed. However, she left the keys on the kitchen counter and the door unlocked. Even though our area is secure it is wise to lock the door when departing. It also made it impossible to know when she left and if she did leave two days early.
8) An independent property manager inspected the property after her scheduled departure and recorded the missing pillow.
9) She needn’t worry that I have her credit card information - only VRBO has that.