The house is a contemporary construction, designed by a modern architect and ourselves. It is in a natural setting protected from any nuisance near Haras d'Uzès. All materials used for construction are ecological and carefully selected. The house is built on two floors, with on the ground floor a large kitchen open to the dining room and living room in the spirit of open space with bay window opening fully open on the outside. A room on the ground floor with 2 single beds and a large bathroom in wood and glass open to nature. On the floor the parental room with bathroom, a corner office TV and sofa reads and a room of child with hanging net. And an independent pavilion with a large double bed and a bathroom.
Welcome to Uzes first duchy of France
Beautiful architect designed house on the border of Uzes set dans le wooded canopy of Arpaillargues Where calm and serenity preveal.
Offering modern and comfortable self-catering accommodation for 6 to 8 people Throughout the summer and school holidays.
Relax and rejuvenate in a truly unique environment a stones throw from Uzes and Its quintessentially provincial charm.
Harvest ripe fruit and vegetables from the garden and permaculture orchard of apricot, peach and fig flat beneath the swimming pool. Olive trees and a rustic stone 'Mazet' set the tone of the upper garden and car park while the aromatic garden with lemon, lavender, aloe rosmary and wraps around the south deck, delighting your senses.
At 5 minutes drive to central Uzes aussi one can reach town in 15 minutes by foot or bicycle on country paths behind the National Stables. A handfull of classic french bikes are at your disposal.
The house is built on the indoor / outdoor concept, broad glazed doors and windows give onto decking and lawn favoring perspective and circulation. Ecclecticly furnished with bespoke and iconic designs, walls hung with original oils, sculptures and engravings. We, the owners, respectivement porcelain and wood work and our creativity is present Throughout the whole. Built with ecological materials in 2013 the house is a contemporary interpretation of country living.
The main house is on two levels:
• On the ground floor: The entry Gives onto a wide open plane with hallway, bespoke kitchen, dining and lounge area. Picturesque views through three facades and underfloor heating / cooling beneath 4-8 meter high ceiling. Oversized bay windows slide into the western wall, Incorporating the deck with the dining area to invite the surrounding Nature into the home. A cozy living room area with fireplace, books and sofas rounds off the lofty feel.
• The music / play room doubles up as single guest bedroom. Piano, oak floor, child desk and individual deck space make this room lively yet unitrusive.
• The big bathroom with a wide bath and italian shower. Glazed wall and sliding window give onto the shady north garden for a relaxing spa like time.
• Individual toilet and separate coatroom. Laundry room in the basement.
• Upstairs there are two bedrooms and a loft with a pull out sofa double bed.
• One Master bedroom with toilet and basin. Walk in closet and private deck Amongst the treetops.
• One charming kids bedroom with a single bed + space for extra mattress. From here you access the net qui overhangs play the piano room.
• big screen monitor / office area with sofabed for two. Plug in your own device for watching movies.
The Studio apartment.
This is an Entirely separate unit linked to the main house by the deck. Consisting of a wide bedroom with walk in closet and private bathroom ict sliding bay windows give onto the lemon tree and herb garden. Entirely private yet incorporated dans le home. This unit is available year round as B & B, feel free to ask for details.
From the deck pontoon has zigzags through the trees onto a wide 10x4m salt water swimming pool and sunbathing area perched above-the orchard. On the pontoon we installed a cold outdoor shower to relieve the summer heat and rinse off the salt.
There's a gas BBQ & plancha off for fish and meat (we do not eat meat). You can do pizza too.
A very bohemian - chic attitude Surrounded by nature with all the accomodities and activities around.
Day trips include the Pont du Gard aqueduct novel, the city of Avignon icts with theater and music festivals, the city of Arles with Van Gogh museum and the photography festival. Interesting local towns Such As Barjac Sauve Anduze and are Within 30 minutes drive.
Located 15 minutes from Collias on the Gardon river 'gorges' this area is heaven for sports activities. With canoe / kayak rentals, rock climbing, hiking and swimming, the pebbled shores are a favorite spot for picnics and sunbathing while facing the bank is great for diving and exploring.
Collias Can Be Entirely atteint off road by bike. Single track and agricultural trails at the foot of the property lead onto dynamic wrinkles of all levels and distances.