|Minimum Stay||7 nights|
1. Milias House is located in the seaside village of Pedi in the homonymous bay, 3,5km from Yalos, Symi's harbor. Until 1015, available for rent was only the ground floor. The very good news is that the renovation has finished and from May 2016 Milias House can accomodate 8 people in both floors, or 4 in each floor separetely. That means that the residence is available for 8 friends, two families etc., with separate entrances.
2. Ideal for families with children and suitable for people who are not at ease with stairs.
3. In front of, literally on, the beach.
4. Old, neoclassical house (built in the late 19th century) fully restored, with its traditionalelements mixed with modern features and amenities.
5. In the ground floor there is a covered terrace (20 sqm), just 3 m from the sea, with no road interposing between the sea and the house. In the upper floor there is a spacious balcony with deck chairs and a marble table for dining in the open air.
6. Small jetty in front of the house, hosting a settee carved out of an old wooden boat, which belongs to the apartment. Visitors can place long-chairs or a dining table on the jetty for dinner ‘on’ the sea.
7. Shortest distance between the house and the road is 70m, which means the place is truly quiet, as well as highly safe and convenient for children.
8. The down floor is 70 sqm. The main room is a studio of 50 sqm, with two twin beds, a sofa (also made from an old wooden boat), dining table and fully equipped kitchen. Adjoining door leads to the second bedroom (15 sqm, one double bed),while a third door opens to a private backyard and the toilet.
Α stone staircase leads to the upper floor which is also 70 sqm. with a spacious room with adouble bed and a small sofa which leads to the balcony. There is also a fully equipped kitchen, a separated dining room, a bathroom, and the main bedroom.
9. The house has thick stone walls, high ceilings and is really cool. Although it provides air-conditioning, usually the two ceiling fans just above the beds suffice for a pleasant stay.
10. The house is about 140 years old, but all electrical devices (lights, switches, sockets, etc.) were replaced this year.
11. In the down floor there is a cooling private backyard (about 20 sqm).
12. In the downfloor, the toilet is accessible from the backyard and is located next to the second bedroom.
13. Local buses, connecting Pedi with Horio and the Symi harbor, pass every 30min from the bus stop situated just 70 m from the house. Covered on foot, the approximately 2 km-long route passes through the picturesque Horio and the famous Skala Kali.
14. There is a beach right in front of the house, as well as easy access (by boat or on foot )to two of the isle’s most beautiful beaches: (a) Aghios Nikolaos, at 1.5km from the house and accessible through a well-marked path, and (b) Agia Marina, approximately 2 km from the house and also reachable through a well-marked path. Boats to both of these popular swimming spots depart from a pier, just 70m away from the house.
15. Also at some 70 meters, there is a picturesque waterside taverna with good food and very reasonable prices. The place is so close to the house, that, if you happen to have children, you can easily monitor them through intercom, whilst they sleep back at the house.
16. No bars or restaurants with loud music are to be found in Pedi. Quietness is a given -and most enjoyable-especially at night.
This house belonged to the family of my husband's grandmother that grew up on it. It was the cottage of the large and wealthy family Pharmakidis who used it mainly as a summer house, because it was cool and it was on the sea. Ion Milias and George Milias are Athens residents and they spent there all their childhood summers and they associate the place with holidays, azure waters, fishing and lot of fun . As adults , married and having children , they still continued to spend their summers in Symi and enjoy the beaches with our family and our wooden boat ' Argo '. The boat , when aged , turned it into a sofa and armchair, which now is one of the high lights of the house.
Ion Milias : physical education teacher .
Kechagia Cleo ( wife of Ion Milias ), dentist
George Milias teacher of chemistry.
Alexandra Kyfioti ( wife of George Milias ), Journalist
• Because it is over...almost into the sea .
• Because it is a 19th century house and it is an interesting experience to live in.
• Because in the morning waking up and before washing your face, in five steps you enter the sea .
• Because the afternoon you can lay on long chairs, in the jetty near the sea and have a drink there.
• Because you can take your dinner in the open air, by the sea.
• Because you can shower in the backyard
• Because your kids can play on the beach and bathe while you watch them from the front yard, or from the balcony of the upper floor.
• Because it has two sofas-boats in and out of the house made from the ' Argo ', the old wooden boat.
• It is a cool old stone house with thick walls, stone sinks in the kitchens and ceiling four meters tall .
• Located in the center of the bay, has a spectacular view.
• You can see from your bed one of the most beautiful sunrises of Symi .
• Easy access by boat or on foot, in two of the most beautiful beaches of the island .
• Peaceful and safe environment. Complete silence.
• There is no road with cars near the house .
Delightful house in an idyllic setting just a few steps away from the clear water of the bay .We loved walking into the beautiful cool interior after the heat and sunshine outside. The house was as rustic as we had expected, decorated with traditional Greek glassware and artifacts ( some artwork on the walls would have enhanced the house we feel ) A little gritty on the surfaces due to the unsealed bare stone walls ( we had to sweep and dust a lot!).Sadly the one thing which really spoiled the holiday for us was the 200ft plus ship which was moored on the jetty ,for a few days, very close to us which kept its engines pulsing and lights on all day and through the night ,and prevented us from seeing the beautiful view across the bay. It seems that it s a normal occurrence for it to be there, so perhaps it may be good to check out with the manager before you book. However we did love our little house, Pedi Bay and indeed the surrounding areas : no need really to book a car for many days as there s not many roads, and the bus from Pedi to Gialos is great.A lovely special place in a beautiful setting.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Additional information by contact with the owner
1/2 of the money the booking day and the rest in Symi the day of arrival. Details by contact with the owner.