Le Pigeonnier de Sinzelle is a massive stone villa set on the edge of the pretty medieval village of St Cyprien, right in the centre of the Black périgord with all the "must see" sights of the Dordogne within a 25km radius.
It is the ideal place from which to explore the area and enjoy relaxing time near by the private heated pool or just admiring the views from the terraces.
Set at the end of a dead-end lane, it is therefore very quiet. However it also offers the convenience of being at only a 10 minutes walk from the centre of the village with restaurants and shops, and an attractive weekly market.
* entrance is from the large terrace area at the front of the house. Facing south, it is partially covered to provide shade during those hot summer days. This will also protect you from any wind when weather is cooler, allowing long dinners under the stars!
* The massive wooden front door leads to the hall with direct access to the dining room. There is a large formal dining table and chairs.
* At the right side of the room is the cosy salon, with leather sofas, cast iron banquette, and another glass table. It has a huge stone fireplace and direct access to the front terrace throught its french window.
* At the opposite side of the hall is the cosy kitchen. It is fully equipped and also has a wooden dining table and chairs. From its glass sliding door you access to a second large terrace, sharing the same amazing views.
* From the kitchen an easy to use staircase leads to a mezzanine room where are two beds for children. Although this room doesn't have a door, it is very private and children just love it.
* From the dining area, large wooden stairs lead to 1st floor where are three other large bedrooms :
* Bedroom one (the "Blue bedroom") has a queen size bed, a large dressing, and an ensuite shower room, with 2 washbasin and a shower unit.
* Bedroom two (the "Pink bedroom") has also a queen size bed, and a wooden wardrobe.
* Adjacent is a proper bathroom with a washbasin and a bath.
* Also adjacent is a toilet.
* The third bedroom is a twin bedroom with 110cm large beds.
The house provides a very good standard of equipment.
Each room has been decorated in a typical french style, with antiques and attention to detail.
Cot and highchair are available on simple request.
* Two terraces, both equipped with dining tables and chairs
* Large private pool, 10m*5m and from 0,80m to 2,10m deep. For the comfort of our guests it is heated in mid season and if weather in summer is not warm enought. The final temperature of the water depends on the meteorological conditions. For safety of the youngest travelers, its access can be restricted throught a gate with a lock.
* Mature trees and bushes such as Olive trees, palm trees...
* Large area at the back of the house, ideal for children to play (all fenced) and parking for up to 4 cars.