La Maison de Beynac is a unique holiday property, newly renovated, set in the centre of the famous village of Beynac, voted 'one of the most beautiful villages of France'.
Although it is in a very quiet lane with no passing traffic, the house offers the convenience of being just a two minute walk to the shops, bars and restaurants of the wonderful medieval village, and three minutes walk to the Dordogne river.
La Maison de Beynac offers 2 bedrooms with 2 ensuite bathrooms, a spacious lounge, an elegant kitchen and two terrace areas. The house has been fully renovated in 2012 and newly furnished. It is ideal for 2 couples, but can sleep an extended family of up to 6 guests in comfort.
Layout of the cottage - the ground floor:
* The salon is comfortable and elegant with sofas, coffee table and a formal dining table seating up to 6 guests. There is a highchair for a baby (a cot is also available). A log fire provides warmth for those chillier evenings. The front door leads onto the terrace area.
* The elegant kitchen, with wooden floorboards, is very well equipped - including an oven, a microwave,and fridge-freezer. The range of crockery, glass, cutlery and cooking utensils is very generous.
* Separated from the lounge by a few steps, the family bedroom has a queen size bed to sleep a couple, a bunkbed for two children, a mirror and a wardrobe.
* Adjacent the large fully tiled bathroom has a bathtub equipped with shower, a wash basin and toilet.
From the lounge, an oak staircase leads to the newly converted attic level where are :
* the master bedroom, equipped with a king size double bed (180cm), two bedside tables and lamps, a large wardrobe and a small desk.
* it enjoys an ensuite tilled bathroom with a bath, also equipped with shower, a wash basin and toilet.
Wireless internet access is available through the whole house/garden
Bose Stereo which connects with an I phone 4
- lovely terrace equipped with tables and chairs to dine al fresco, parasol and BBQ
- front yard, built on the rock and partly covered, to keep cool during those hot days. It has children and baby swings.
- a small grassy garden, set on the upper level of the land (the staircases are not suitable for young visitors), offers a breathtaking view over the village and the Dordogne river.
2 public car parks set 50m and 100m away. Cheap daily parking cost (4€/day or 12€/week)