Chalet KAWA is brand new (2015) and has been thought to have a very low ecological impact. It can accomodate up to 12 people and is kids friendly with it's 2 playrooms. We also have a fully equipped hammam with music, essential oils and light therapy.
Ground floor :
- Ski room with ski boot dryer (15 pairs) and storage space for skis/snowboard/sledge.
- Hammam for 3 people with light therapy, essential oils and relaxing music.
1st Floor :
- Big living room with wood flooring and an automatic wood stove.
- South facing 30sq/m terrace with table fitting up to 12 people for sunny days.
- Play room for kids and grown ups with table football (Bonzini the real kind!), darts and little games.
- Fully equipped kitchen giving into the dining area and living room with freezer, fridge (tower), microwave and dishwasher. The kitchen island has 3 electric stoves and 5 gaz cooktops. Also included is a toaster, coffee machine, boiler, 2 "raclettes grills" and 2 fondues.
- Room n°1 with King size bed, bathtub, double sink and TV
- Room n°2 with single bed (90x200), shower, sink and toilet
2nd Floor :
- Room n°3 with 3 single beds (90x200 can take two to make a double), a desk and an italian style shower with a sink.
- Room n°4 with 3 single beds (90x200 can take two to make a double), a desk, TV, and an italian style shower with a sink.
- Room n°5 with 3 single beds (90x200 can take two to make a double), a desk and an italian style shower with a sink.
- TV room with video games (PS3)
WIFI access is available throughout the chalet but each room has a wired access.
For children a barrier has been installed around the wood stove and on the stairs between the ground and first floor. High chair, tub, bed and games for babies available on demand.
All mattresses are with memory foam.
AN ECOLOGICAL CHALET
Chalet KAWA is built of massive wood with all the latest technologies (canadian well/double flux ventilation system/water heat recovery/wood fibre insulation/automatic wood stove/triple layer glasses...) for a very low energy consumption. You won't find any concrete here and all paintings, varnish etc... have been selected with no or very low VOC (Volatil Organic Compounds). This, the massive wood and very little electric heating gives the chalet a unique and healthy atmosphere.
The chalet is said to be "passive" as it obtains a much better result at energy efficiency tests as even the best result (A)!
INTERACTION WITH GUESTS
Living on the ground floor of Chalet KAWA we will be available during your stay if you need anything regarding the chalet or for any matter. You can say we know the area pretty well so we would be happy to point out interesting things to do.
ACCESS TO THE SLOPES
We live in Le Cruet just above Les Allues which means you can't ski out of the chalet. But fear not, access to the slopes is as easy as a green run.
First option is to take the free shuttle to Meribel (where all the slopes start). The bus stop is literraly in front of the house (20m) and it will take you to the slopes in about 10min.
Second option is to drive down to Les Allues (2min) and take the gondolas up to Meribel (there is a big parking).
Lastly you can always drive directly next to the slopes (many different parkings).
Skiing back to the chalet is possible if enough snow using the easy and authentic Les Allues ski run.
We have a ski room with boot heaters in the chalet but if you don't like carrying your kit you can always rent a locker in Meribel where you can leave everything.
Being on the main road access is easy by car (we have 3 private parking space).
10 min away on foot from Les Allues village (it has a grocery, restaurants and bars)
5 min by car from Meribel centre
15 min by car from Moutiers
• Key retrieval with the visit of the chalet
• Beds made when you arrive with clean towels (one big and one small for each person)
• Cleaning at the end of your stay except kitchen area (fridge, stove, microwave, freezer, dishwasher...)
• We offer either a fully catered breakfast (american or continental, staff 2h) or home delivery brought to you in the morning (you pick what you want). Contact us for prices, bookings must be made at least 7 days prior to your stay.
• Home cooked diners delivered daily (needs reheating) between 15€ and 17€/pers/diner, menu on demand (main + dessert) minimum 7 days advanced booking
• Ski/Snowboard/Speedriding lessons available with the owner from 400€.
• Paragliding flights from 100€
• Non smoking
• No animals
• Hammam on demand under adult supervision, aprés ski opening hours
• Automated wood stove
• No shoes in the chalet (slippers supplied)
• Arrivals: 17h
• Departures: 10h