|Minimum Stay||3 nights|
This period cottage enjoys free wifi, gas central heating, electric oven and hob, fridge/freezer, TV, CD/radio and library of books and games. Comprising two bedrooms - one twin with electric massage beds and a master bedroom with double bed. Large walk-in shower. Bed linen and towels included. Off-road parking opposite. Enclosed rear courtyard with furniture. Well behaved pets welcome. Surrounded by beautiful coastline with stunning views and many varied local amenities.
I bought this in Eyemouth because I like being there myself. There's no real need to drive when you are there as there are just lots of interesting places to visit on the doorstep. I never get tired of visiting Scotland.
It is what it is, a working fishing harbour, with lots of Interesting things to see. The people are very friendly and the views from the hills over the sea are fabulous.
The appartment was comfortable, in a perfect location and included all accessories and amenities which one could wish for (including washer and trockener and WiFi). The only downside (no fault of the property) was one day of torrential rain which resulted in a "river" of rainwater which entered under the back yard door and made its way along the coridoor towards the fron door. All in all, we had a great holiday.
this is a lovely house with everything at your doorstep everything we needed was there in the property including wifi ,towels etc, harbour and beach only mins away.we would definitely stay here again, had a tad smell of damp but its next to the sea and the house is old so we accepted that no problem. very clear instructions on where to get keys and there was also washing/drying facilities..would definitely stay here in the near future again.. thankyou
It was ideally locate. The premises was presented clean with a good supply of towels. The rear could have been more attractive. The plus was the extra toilet. I was impressed with the quick service regarding repairs. A microwave would have been an additional extra.
Overall we enjoyed our stay.
Was slightly concerned about the flat before we arrived due to previous reviews however we had no need to worry. The flat was clean, comfortable and had everything we needed for our four night stay although a microwave would have been handy. The rear yard was ideal as it was fully enclosed and totally escape proof much to the disappointment of our border terrier. No need to worry about wi fi connection it worked perfectly.
There was no problem with parking as the car park is directly across the road and as stated the beach is a minutes walk away. The flat is very well situated for the local shops, cafes, takeaways etc and there are some lovely walks around the harbour and cliff tops. Also Coldingham, St Abbs, Burnmouth and Dunbar are nice places to visit and each have their own charm.
My husband and I plus our two dogs really enjoyed our stay in Eyemouth and if we return to the area we would definitely stay at this accommodation and would recommend it to anyone thinking of staying in this area.
Initially we were shocked to find we had not been given instructions on how to get into the property and became a bit aggitated. A rush of blood to the head made us ask at the pub. Yes they had a key! I would say our main moan was lack of information . The phone number we had no longer was in use and the one on the window went straight to voicemail. After an email sent to the management we found the towels! Also the kitchen drawers slam into the cooker/grill handles so you have to slide the utensils out. Apart from that (the pullcord in the bathroom became faulty but was dealt with by Tracy before the end of the day thanks) we're had a lovely stay:-) The accomodation is larger than it looks on the photo's and had all we needed for our week.
We had an enjoyable holiday. Eyemouth is very peaceful and the property is in a great location right on the beach. There are a few issues though that I'd like to address and Steve I contacted you on the day we checked in to do that but you didn't reply which was quite frustrating.
1. There is no internet in the property. This is a major prerequisite for most people when booking in 2015. It's listed in the property description so I'd like to know why it wasn't available. I had made plans with work to stay in touch via email and I wasn't able to do so because of this.
2. There is no microwave which is again listed. We had a one year old with us and we use a sterilisation set for her bottles and dummies so again it was something which we had checked prior to booking.
3. The Central heating doesn't work and there is no electric heater. I understand that people turn their heating off in the summer because it's warm but again we needed it in the evenings for the wee one in her room as she was cold.
4. There were 2 small hand towels provided. Again that wouldn't be a problem if you had listed that towels weren't available as we would simply have brought our own.
5. The drain in the shower wasn't draining properly which meant the water was overflowing onto the bathroom floor. We poured lots of bleach down it though so it seemed better during the last couple of days.
6. The place really needs a good clean. On the face of it the property looked clean but when your babys clothes are black after an hour of crawling around there's something wrong. My partner spent a couple of hours cleaning on the day we arrived.
7. In the handbook for the property there was no mention of where to park. We couldn't find the recycling bins either so that's why there was a binbag in the yard when we left as we weren't sure where to put it. The blinds in the living room wouldn't close so we felt like we were in a goldfish bowl in the evenings as people passed and stared in.
If this had been a hotel I'd have been requesting compensation of some sort. But I'm not interested in that. I do feel the need to leave this review though to let other travellers know what to expect as you really need to update your description of what is provided. I also understand that you are not based in Eyemouth but maybe pay a surprise visit or two to experience what your guests are experiencing.
51 High Street, Eyemouth is a terraced cottage in the centre of Eyemouth close to the English/Scottish border, directly opposite the stunning Eyemouth bay. Within walking distance of shops and restaurants. Comprising a 2-bedroom property with a double bedroom and a twin room. Situated on the mouth of the river Eyemouth, the village enjoys delightful scenery and exhilarating walks. Only 8 miles from the market town of Berwick upon Tweed and the Border country. Some 50 miles from (approx 1 hour drive) from Edinburgh to the north and Newcastle to the south. Eyemouth is one of the few remaining working fishing villages with fresh fish markets and shops available in abundance. Local attractions include Eyemouth golf club and an abundance of exhilarating walks from the doorstep.
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.