|Minimum Stay||4 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
* Very spacious ground floor flat in a delightful 300 years old stone house in Semur en Auxois, 8mns walking from town center, baker etc..
* Stone walls, fireplace and exposed beams
* Overlooks a leafy green park and to the rear has views of the 4 medieval turrets and the ramparts
* Renovated in 2014 with all modern comforts including gas central heating
* Perfect for a couple, a family with a baby + 1 (additional sleeping area in sitting room, 1 single bed and a cot)
* Enclosed garden with wisteria, old roses and herb garden
* An adjacent house is available for larger parties (property: 1022489 - sleeps 4+ baby)
* Large sitting room with fireplace
* Fully equipped open plan kitchen/dining room
* Large double bedroom with en-suite bathroom (very large Italian shower), table and chairs, reading corner with armchair and view of the ramparts and turrets
* Separate toilet
* Wifi, dishwasher, washing machine, tumble dryer, hair dryer
* Clothes folding counter/baby change area
* International Satellite TV, Games and books.
* Wardrobe, shelving
* Parking space at front door
* Garden furniture, deck chairs, BBQ
* All baby equipment available, cot, bath, high chair, plates, cutlery, beakers and toys…. (if needed please ask Patricia)
* Bike rack, secure parking for bicycles
* 8 mins walk to town centre (medieval streets, river)
* Cafes for breakfast and bakers for your morning croissants and baguettes
* Central within vineyards of the Burgundy regions (Chablis to the North, Beaune and Dijon to the South) as well as local Auxois wines
* Many historical sites within easy reach such as Abbey de Fontenay, Chateau de Bussy Rabutin …
* Many local walking, riding and cycling routes (Canal de Bourgogne)
* Bike rental available near Canal
* Good swimming in Montbard for children and adults – 15mns drive
* Fishing (pike perch etc..) River and Lake in the Morvan
* English classes/French classes available at additional cost
* Quiet town and country views
* Enclosed garden with wisteria and old roses
* Herb garden at your disposal for cooking
* No stairs
* Wine tasting available at local wine cellar – 2mns walk
* Patricia warmly welcomes you and without intruding, she can if you wish introduce you to the local area
A car is not essential but recommended
Dijon - 80 kms about 1 hour
Paris - 250 kms about 3 hours
Lyon - 230 kms about 2.5 hours
By train to Montbard
* Eurostar from London + TGV from Gare de Lyon
* Direct TGV to/from Paris Charles de Gaulle airport (1h20mns)
Then Bus or Taxi or Rental Car to Semur en Auxois
* Bus service to and from Montbard TGV train station. Bus stop 20 meters from the house.
* Hertz car rental available from Montbard train station (please ask Patricia for details)
Bus services to major surrounding towns and train stations
Hello, My name is Patricia. I lived abroad most of my life, USA, Portugal and UK. I worked in Sales and Marketing in the IT Industry. I now teach French and English. I moved to Burgundy in 2010. I have provided rental accommodations since 2004 and enjoy hospitality.
Patricia Bigot purchased this house in 2007
This flat is part of a family property. and I hope you will enjoy it as much as I do.
Quiet ground floor, self contained flat, en-suite bathroom with fabulous view on ramparts. Ample parking just in front of house.
The listing description is spot on, pictures are actual ! We found this apartment to be exactly as described. It was perfect for our month long stay in Burgundy! It was clean, well maintained and full of character with reading nooks and windows looking out to the garden. Internet worked great. The kitchen is equipped with everything necessary to cook meals at home. The shower is large with plenty of hot water. There is a beautiful garden filled with roses, wisteria, lavender and herbs where we enjoyed a drink, a book or a chat !
The location is great for seeing all of Burgundy! We enjoyed the historical sites, the canals, the beautiful countryside, the markets in each town, there is so much to see and do it easily kept us busy for a month ! Semur en Auxois is a nice town with everything you could possibly need, pharmacy, supermarket, cafe's, and bakeries with the best baguette's. Patricia, the owner, went above and beyond to provide us with anything we could possibly need, without being intrusive. I would recommend this place to my family and friends or anyone looking for a comfortable, quiet, and convenient place in a great location.
As soon as we stepped inside the door we knew that we had found the perfect place to spend our week in Burgundy. The apartment is immaculate, spacious, beautiful, and superbly equipped with everything one could need. We felt at home immediately and it was a delight to return here each day after exploring beautiful Burgundy. The property is situated in a very quiet area of Semur and being able to park right outside the door is a real bonus. Patricia, who is so friendly and charming, is always available to help with any practical matters and information. It is obvious that she cares greatly about this lovely house and the people who come to stay in it. Semur is a delightful and pretty town, very friendly, and plenty of scope for finding what we needed for our stay. What a wonderful week !
The owner of the property was timely and thorough in providing information about the lovely, immaculately clean dwelling that we rented for a week. Directions to the location were very clear. The spacious dwelling has been lovingly restored and decorated with good taste and attention to detail. My favourite spot to sit was in the comfortable chair with a footrest, beside the hearth. The bedroom is spacious and well furnished with lovely tables and chairs, and a comfortable bed. The modern ensuite bathroom offers a spacious, beautifully finished shower stall and other quality bathroom fittings. It was very nice to have an up-to-date washing machine and dryer! I enjoyed preparing meals in the well equipped kitchen, which had lovely views of the garden. The dining area and bedroom also overlook the garden, with views of the towers and fortifications of Semur en Auxois. We enjoyed our short walks along cobblestone streets into the town centre where there is an ample selection of shops and restaurants. The medieval buildings are enchanting, and we were fortunate to have timed our visit when a medieval fair was being held! We rode our bicycles every day and found many good cycle routes on quiet roads and towpaths along canals in the surrounding area. Our week long stay in Semur en Auxois is one of my fondest memories of our two month vacation in France, and I would definitely recommend it to our friends. Many thanks to Patricia for offering such a lovely place to stay, along with her excellent service.
The accommodation was clean, comfortable and full of character. We really enjoyed our stay. Patricia was a charming and most helpful host and gave us lots of useful information and tips about visiting places and restaurants throughout the area. After a long day sightseeing it was a total pleasure to return to the cottage and relax in comfort with a fully equipped kitchen and satellite TV. The town itself is worth spending quite a lot of time in. It is packed with history and is most photogenic. On a more practical note, there is a big supermarket on the outskirts of town and many individual shops within walking distance in the town centre.
The larger Burgundy area is full of interest with wonderful towns such as Dijon and Beaune and a week was not enough time to do it all justice so we will be back and hope to stay "Chez Patricia" once more.
We love rooms in old houses which have modern equipment but still have nice old furniture and its warm charm. Exactly that we found here. Our host has cared for all details with much love. We found the place without any problem. All was ready for us, was very clean and well maintained. It is a real spacious
flat ! There is all available in the kitchen we like - and much more. All the furniture was very comfortable.
We got very good advice concerning our daily excursion plans, walks into and around the wonderful medieval town, for shops etc.
There was a really nice contact to our host. So we meanwhile did recommend this flat to our friends...
We found the property and its owner most welcoming, and a congenial hostess. The situation is across a narrow valley from Semur, with parking and easy access to the town by car. Walking into the town is perfectly possible, though the gradients will give you some exercise! The walk down to and along the river is most picturesque. The town has a very convenient supermarket, and a selection of good eating-out places, and is well placed for exploring interesting things in Burgundy.
The gite is tastefully furnished and the bed is most comfortable. We will be making a return visit!
Discover 'La Bourgogne' whilst relaxing in this quiet flat.
Explore an area full of history, visit the Abbey de Fontenay (Unesco monument), The Chateau de Bussy Rabutin, tour the vineyards, cycle or cruise the renowned Canal of Burgundy or follow the footsteps of the Santiago de Compostella pilgrims to Vezelay.
Semur en Auxois is surrounded by very lush and green countryside and is close to the Morvan National Park. It is ideal for travellers longing to step into history, gastronomy or wine tasting.
Activities: Many activities such as cruising the canal, cycling (bicycle rental), hiking in the beautiful countryside, swimming in the beautiful Lac de Pont or others are available. Great Swimming Activity Center in Montbard for children and adults.
The medieval town of Semur en Auxois hosts every year a renowned medieval festival not to be missed (end of May). Get dressed for 2 days as a medieval character, costumes to be hired from Tourist board.
Semur is also renowned for painters, many painters come to Semur and love painting on the river banks and catch a glimpse of this quiet river l'Armancon.
Summer Music Festival in Semur's famous church or nearby places.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jun 2016 - 31 Aug 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
1 Sep 2016 - 30 Nov 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£210|
|Stay tax||€1 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 13 years.|
Reservations are taken via email or phone, please visit my website for more photos and information about the house.
Prices are in euros
For short stays, please ask for a quote
Payments are made on line
Cleaning fee of 60 euros will be due to the owner on arrival
Terms and conditions visible on line
A contract will seal the rental
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website: