|Space||4,843 sq. ft.|
|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
We welcome you to our seventeenth century mansion with a past that is rich in history. It was originally the residence of the Duke of Noailles, Marshal of France and Governor of St. Germain under the reign of Louis XIV, the Sun King. The property was built in 1679 by the famous architect Mansart, who was responsible for the design of the Château de Versailles and for the reconstruction of the Château Vieux, the royal residence of Saint Germain-en-Laye. Louis XIV, Jean-Chretien Bach, Mozart, and Hubert Robert were some of the palace’s illustrious guests. The present building, as well as the building across the street (11 rue d’Alsace), are the two remaining wings of the estate which was ravaged by the French Revolution.
Boasting of 7 bedrooms split over four floors, up to 12 people can stay in this exceptional mansion, situated in the heart of Saint Germain en Laye
On the ground floor, the rooms open onto a large tree-lined garden, an exceptional asset in the heart of Saint Germain en Laye and especially so close to Paris. As well as being nice to look at, the garden is also very well equipped. It contains high-quality garden furniture (1 wrought iron table and 10 chairs, as well as one table and 3 chairs in teak), a ping pong table, chaises longues, and football nets for young and old alike. The garden is very large and offers a welcome retreat from the hectic bustle of life in this little historic town and from the buzz of Paris.
THE SURROUNDING AREA:
This beautiful mansion is ideally located in the town of Saint Germain en Laye: in a wealthy residential suburb area, just outside of the city centre, 5 minutes’ walk from the RER A station, and 15 minutes from the suburban L train line. You’ll also find lots of shops in the area, a Monoprix supermarket to do your food shopping, bars and restaurants.
Saint Germain en Laye also boasts the advantage of being located just outside of Paris. Using the RER A, you can easily reach the biggest hubs of the capital in no time at all:
- La Défense in 15 minutes
- The Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysées in 20 minutes
- The Opéra in 25 minutes
- Châtelet in 25 minutes
- The Gare de Lyon in 30 minutes
- Vincennes and its château in 35 minutes
- Disneyland Paris in 1h15
The royal town of Versailles is also nearby; you can admire the stunning palace and the historic town centre in just 30 minutes with a direct bus.
THINGS TO DO DURING YOUR STAY:
- Have a walk or a ride over the 70 ha of the Saint Germain castle’s park , ancient hunting residence of French kings (300m).
- Make your fresh products shopping at the little market of Saint Germain (place du Marché Neuf, tuesday, friday and sunday de 8h30 à 13h00- 300m)
- Try the gastronomical cuisine in the restaurant of Cazaudehore la Forestière (2,4km)
- Play a few holes at the very prestigious Golf de Saint Germain en Laye (3,3km)
- Visit the Château de Versailles (13km)
- Have a shopping time in Paris (25km)
- Bring the children to Disneyland Paris (direct par le RER A – 70km)
First of all, we are a team of young professionals who take passionate interest in castles and our aim is to preserve and valorize this historical heritage.
We realise that the world is changing and we want to come up with new ideas and to reinvent the future of our castles.
We are convinced that castles will always enchant and that their future is in being open to the world; they must go back to being the source of profits and not of expences.
More than just a website for castle renting, we are also project developpers. Our advantages are expertise in castle management, our technological tools and our determination.
My husband and I filled the chateau in Saint Germain en Laye for a week in October with both of our families. I cannot recommend this property and the managing staff enough! This was the perfect place for all 12 of us to relax, explore the beautiful city of Saint Germain en Laye, and take the short train ride into Paris for day trips. The house is perhaps more beautiful and well maintained than even the pictures can capture and Anna, who lives nearby, was super available and helpful whenever we had questions or problems in the house. Given the opportunity I would go back to this place again and again and again. Go see for yourself just how magical your trip to France could be!
Activities not to miss on during your stay:
- Have a drink at Café du Nord at Arnay-le-Duc on a Tuesday evening for "coffee theater" (9km)
- Shop for season fruits and vegetables at the farm of Jean-Pierre, in Brazay-en-Morvan (15km)
- Spend an evening dinner at the table of la Roseraie in Lucenay (17km)
- Enjoy the local cuisine of the three-star chef Bernard Loiseau’s in Saulieu (26km)
- Discover the ancient city of Autun (19km), its ramparts, tower, gates, theater, and attend the amazing sound and light show at the ancient Augustodunum.
- Taste the Burgundy wines on the wine route of renown between Dijon and Santenay (45 km)
- Visit the Hospices de Beaune (42km) and le Palais des ducs de Dijon (70km)
- Hiking in the Parc du Morvan and finish with a dip in the lake of Settons (40km)
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£2,528.73|