Welcome to the Cotentin, Normandy, in a small hamlet of Val de Saire "Le Vast"; Cottage between sea & countryside "Furnished Tourism" 3 *.
Quiet in the countryside, in the peninsula of Cotentin in the Manche, near Barfleur (elected most beautiful village in France) and Saint-Vaast-La-Hougue in Normandy, "Over the water" is a lush greenery close to the sea.
The region enjoys a mild climate all year round, which is why we find market gardening and remarkable gardens with lush vegetation. The Val de Saire is a large garden in the sea.
Exposed stone walls, bleached beams, wood stove, "Over the water" is a warm cottage with authentic charm located in a small village of Val de Saire "Le Vast" famous for its brioche.
It is a charming village Cotentin. You will have the opportunity to admire its typical small stone houses, aligned along the Saire where wild ducks paddle peacefully. Its rugged terrain, river, waterfalls, woods and houses are a picturesque village where many painters are planted their easels. Around the cottage, the beautiful Norman countryside will offer you a large number of hikes.
Our cottage has a large garden where it is good to have breakfast in the summer. Relaxing spaces are at your disposal for a reading break, a nap in the sun or a lunch.
Access to the property is via an automated portal (remote control provided upon arrival); private parking allows you to park your car near the cottage. The "Brioche's Vast" is within walking distance, 30 meters.
The peninsula of Cotentin is a paradise: wild landscapes, immense beaches, picturesque villages, remarkable gardens ... unspoilt nature to discover by browsing the many hiking trails of the Channel, The Val de Saire, The Hague, the coast of Isles, Normandy, Cherbourg, Cotentin tourist attractions are many and make photo enthusiasts happy.
Our cottage "Meublé de Tourisme" 3 * is close to several tourist sites of Normandy: - Barfleur;
- Saint-Vaast La Hougue and its island "Tatihou" ("Traversées de Tatihou" organized in August);
- Gatteville and his lighthouse;
- The Hague;
- The Côte des Isles;
- The City of the Sea in Cherbourg;
- The swamps of Carentan;
- Near the landing beaches;
- A little further Mont Saint Michel.
Many activities are available to you:
- Walks in the countryside or through the hiking trails;
- The beach ;
- Visit of exceptional gardens very numerous in the Cotentin because of the mildness of the climate;
- The Peach ;
- Diving ;
But also: several equestrian centers and three golf courses (Golf of the Peninsula of Cotentin (18 holes) in Fontenay-sur-Mer to 17 kms, Golf of Cherbourg in Cotentin (9 holes) to La Glacerie to 20 kms and Golf of the Côte des Isles (18 holes) in Saint-Jean-de-la-Rivière 46 kms from the cottage).
DESCRIPTION OF THE GITE
On the ground floor: Garden view
The living room is composed of a large living room with kitchen equipped with a fridge, induction hob, oven, dishwasher, microwave, coffee maker, kettle, Nespresso coffee machine, BOSE channel and all equipment for 6 people ( 12 flat plates, hollow ... 12 forks ...) and a baby chair.
The lounge is composed of 6 seats including a convertible sofa comfort, flat screen HD (parable), DVD player around a stove (wood provided), very pleasant at the end of the day.
The bathroom is equipped with a vanity unit, a shower, a heated towel rail, a toilet and a washing machine (dryer available in an annex)
Washing machine, dryer, Dyson vacuum cleaner, cleaning products are provided.
The floor is composed of:
A large room: a bed for two people (160), a wardrobe and a chest of drawers.
A second bedroom: a bed of 140 and a bed of 90, a wardrobe half wardrobe.
Possibility of an extra bed.
Each bed has new bedding and quality (available blankets or duvets) bedside tables and chairs.
A bathroom: a cabinet two basins, a spacious shower, a heated towel rail and a toilet (bath mats provided).
On the landing, a desk, a chair and a small library.
On request, provision of baby equipment: cot (bed linen provided), bath, stroller, high chair, changing mat, potty, toilet gear.
Terrace and Garden:
The cottage opens onto a south facing terrace. The garden round the cottage, enclosed with trees.
At your disposal :
- Garden rooms;
- Deck chairs ;
- Outdoor games (ping pong, puck game, petanque game, Finnish bowling ...);
- Local to house, clean and repair if necessary your bikes or your motorcycles.
Free WIFI access.
Tourist tax included.
Discover the Val de Saire, East Coast:
Tourist Office of Val de Saire: www. tourismecotentinvaldesaire. fr
Tourist Office of Saint Vaast La Hougue: www. saint-vaast-reville. com
Discovery trails of the Val de Saire: www. val-de-sary. com / tourism / trails. html
Tatihou Island (Saint Vaast): http: // tatihou. handle. fr
Barfleur: www. the-most-beautiful-villages-de-France. org / en / barfleur-0
Visit of Saint Vaast bay La Hougue: www. attelagecotentin. com
The Lighthouse of Gatteville: www. pharedegatteville. com
The City of the Sea: www. citedelamer. com
Cherbourg Tourist Office: http: // www. cherbourgtourisme. com
Discover The Hague and surroundings, West Coast:
Tourist Office of La Hague: www. lahague-tourism. com
Hiking in the Hague: http: // aladecouvertedelahague. fr
Travel to Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney and Sark: www. round-iles-express. com
Discover the landing beaches:
Utah Beach Museum: www. utah-beach. com
Arromanches Museum: www. museum-Arromanches. fr
The Crisbecq Battery: www. battery-marcouf. com
D-Day Experience: dday-experience. com
Activities in the Channel:
Tourism in the Channel: www. manchetourisme. com
Discovery of regional products of the Channel: www. mancheterroirs. fr
Discovery of the Regional Natural Park: www. Park-Cotentin-Bessin. fr
Hiking in the Channel: www. mancherandonnee. com
Nautism in the Channel: www. manchenautisme. com
Gastronomy is a strong point of the Channel: fish, crustaceans and shells of our coasts, Norman meats, dairy products ... the soil of the Cotentin is rich and the good tables at reasonable prices do not miss. Check out our selection of restaurants.
The good tables of the Val de Saire at 10mn
- Le Panoramique, 1 Village Church, The Pernelle: www. le-pan. fr
- The Fuchsias, 20 Maréchal Foch Street, Saint-Vaast-La-Hougue: www. France-fuchsias. com
- Le Chasse Marée, 8 Place General De Gaulle, Saint-Vaast-La-Hougue: www. chassemaree. net
- The Red House, 16 Anse du Brick, Maupertus-sur-Mer: www. lamaisonrouge restaurant. fr
- Tomahawk auction, 1 bis Quai de Tourville, Saint-Vaast-La-Hougue: lacrieedutomahawk. com
The good tables of Bocage Valognais 15 minutes
- Agriculture, 18 Rue Léopold Delisle, Valognes: www. hotel-agriculture. com
- The Mill of Haulle, 1 The Mill of Haulle, Yvetot-Bocage: www. lemoulindelahaulle. com
- The Yvetot Forge, 3 Tapotin, Yvetot-Bocage: www. laforgedyvetot. com
- The Galetiere, 10 Place Vicq d'Azir, Valognes: www. lagaletiere. fr
The good tables of Cherbourg at 20mn
- The Vauban, 22 Quai de Caligny: levauban-cherbourg. fr
- Cafe de Paris, 40 Quai de Caligny: restaurantcafedeparis. com
- The Satrouille, 26 Quai de Caligny: the landlord. fr
- The Patio, 5 Rue Christine: restaurant-lepatio-cherbourg. fr
- The Pily, starred restaurant, 39 Rue Grande Rue: restaurant-le-pily. com