The hardwood throughout makes you feel like you stepped into a Norman Rockwell painting. 5 bedrooms, 2.5 bath (3 showers / 1 tub), 3 car garage is all the space you need to relax, catch up with family & friends, or enjoy a night on the town. With a bright open concept kitchen and many common areas.
10 blks from Lake MI. Coffee shops, restaurants and UWM all in walking distance. Breweries, Music, Festivals and Sports all within $5-10 Uber rides... so much to do in the beautiful city of MKE.
Our home has 5 bedrooms (10 beds = 4 Queen, 6 Twin) additional blow-up mattress maybe provided with notice. The house has 2 full bathrooms and one half bathroom. The master bathroom has two private showers.
Fully equipped with all necessities while being away from home with a large group. Fully stocked kitchen with cookware, plenty of plates & serving trays, utensils, etc. We provide basic shampoo, conditioner and body wash.
There are 2 common living room areas, including a dining area and large eat in kitchen. TVs located in the kitchen and living room. We also have a handful of boardgames and books available to use.
Our backyard provides additional gathering/seating space that's fenced-in (and secure for our 7lb Min Pin). When in season our yard features a side garden full of grapes, berries and giant green beans. A charcoal grill is available for use too. Off our spacious front porch you can pick delicious sour cherries (late June/early July) and smell our MKE Calatrava roses in the summer.
The proximity of the home to the lake, keeps the air temperature cool in the summer. For the few days in the summer where the heat takes hold and the ceiling fans aren't cutting it; every bed room has a window AC unit. The dining room also has a robust window unit.
For entry to the home we use a traditional lock box. You'll receive a personalized code along with instructions on how to operate. Additionally, there is one security camera which monitors the front of the home.
Guests have full access to all spaces in description; Access to the entire home; except the home's basement and garage attic.
You may park up to 3 vehicles in the garage. If you require parking for more than 3 vehicles, you must contact us in advance. Street parking is available through the city of MKE, but must be arranged in advance. The street parking is highly regulated on our street; due to proximity to the college.
Check-in is after 3pm on your arrival date and check-out is before 11am on your departure date.
Early check-ins and late check-outs:
Persons may request in advance to extend the house rental times, when available, at a rate of $50/hour or a partial-day negotiated amount, payable in advance of your stay. Unscheduled late check-outs are charged $100 per hour or portion of an hour. If you have a flight or travel plans that conflict with these times please let us know.
***Please fully review our House Rules before booking.
We strive to make your stay the best it can be, so please let us know beforehand what event brings you to town, and if you have any specific requests or needs. Information regarding sleeping arrangements and number of sleeping spaces needed is helpful — please request in advance if you would like an air mattress. We're here to help and will plan to accommodate you the best we can!
During your stay we'll be available by phone and/or email for any questions you may have, and we welcome any and all communication. (In the event that we are not available, we will have a local contact person for you.)
Other things to note
As the host of your group you are responsible for ALL house rules so please take the time to read through this list and the listing thoroughly before booking. As the host YOU are financially responsible for the actions of your guests and you may want to have your guests read these rules so everyone understands the expectations of this Vacation rental home. Bookings may be cancelled at any time and without refund if these rules are violated. For everyone's best interest, please inquire before booking if you have any questions about whether your planned activities on our property are permitted.
Please keep in mind that this is our home. Please treat our home and belongings as you would your own.
• No smoking inside the house We are both highly
allergic and sensitive to smoke; any smell of smoke in the house will incur an additional cleaning charge. *
• Smoking is only allowed, outside, in the backyard or front of the house; AWAY from open doors and windows. Dispose of ALL cigarette butts in the coffee can located in back yard and on the front porch.
• No shoes in the house.
• Please turn off lights, fans, etc. when not in use and before you leave; and please try to conserve energy and water.
• RESPECT NEIGHBORS. Outdoor quiet hours begin at 10pm.
• On week days you must have a city sticker to park in front of house or you will be ticketed. You must notify us if you need a parking permit before your stay; if you plan to have more than 3 vehicles.
• PETS are allowed only if potty trained. Any damage (chewing etc.) to wood work will result in a $500 charge plus other cleaning charges if dog pees.
• No entry for non-guests. Please inquire ahead of time if you have family or friends who would like to visit during the day. Violation of this rule may result in immediate termination of your reservation without any refund. For each unregistered guest on the property you will be charged triple the normal additional nightly fee for additional guests for the entire length of your stay. **
• No drinks allowed near/on tables or buffet without coaster!!
• No glassware allowed outside. Please use plastic cups when outdoors.*
• Close windows before leaving house.
• Lock house when leaving and at night before bed. • Keep front door locked and chained as often as possible.
• No candles, no glitter, no feather boas.*
• All trash and recycling must be sorted into the appropriately labeled bins located in alley *
• We expect full disclosure before booking regarding special events planned during your stay such as bachelor/bachelorette parties or commercial events.**
• We expect full disclosure prior to check-out regarding damages to property or any special cleanup that is needed.**
• Unscheduled late check outs are charged at $100 per each hour or part of an hour.
Asterisks used above are explained here:
*Cleaning Rules and Added Charges:
You have already paid a cleaning fee to cover all of the basic cleaning and preparation of our home. However, if cleaning above and beyond what we consider regular use is needed you will be charged additional fees at a labor rate of $50/hour plus expenses and any contractor fees. Additionally, any time spent resolving damages will be charged to you at a rate of $50/hour.
These additional charges may be due to things such as:
- Picking up cigarette butts in yard
- Cleaning up candle wax, glitter, feathers, spilled alcohol/liquids or anything that may require professional cleaning or carpet cleaning
- Deodorizing the home as needed due to incense or smoking in or near the home
- Purchasing replacement items or making repairs.
To avoid or minimize expensive cleaning charges contact us immediately for instruction on clean-up. We appreciate upfront honesty and will help.
** Violation of these rules may include immediate cancellation of your reservation without refund and additional charges that may exceed the security deposit.
You must also acknowledge
Must climb stairs - There are two sets of steps when entering the main floor from the front and back doors. The house is laid out on three floors, with no bedrooms or sleeping areas on the 1st floor.