About Kimberly Jackson
Hi! I'm Kimberly and I am the founder of VRBKIM and a single mom to three boys (ages 11, 9, and 7). I live locally at the beach in Del Mar CA and have been a Vacation Rental Specialist for the last 9 years. I love helping people find the best "home away from home". Weather it be for a planned family vacation, or the need to escape a flood at your own home, me and my team are here to help you find the right space for your needs. Most of the VRBKIM Team comes from within the hospitality industry, so we know that treating everyone of you as a cherished guest is the most important thing! Thanks so much for choosing VRBKIM for your vacation rental needs. We truly do value your business!
Pets are allowed up to 45lbs
Minimum age of primary renter:21
Max guests:5 (sleeps up to 5 adults)
Great location, clean , and comfortable!
The condo was in a great location, clean, and amazing views. Could not have been happier. Traveled with a family of 6. The kids loved the pool. Only odd thing is that the master bedroom does NOT have a shower but it does have a tub. Would definitely rent again when we go back
to San Diego.
Beautiful condo & great location
The condo is absolutely beautifully decorated. The view of the track and partial ocean view are beautiful.
A few minor issues, otherwise would’ve been a 5 star rating. Communication was very difficult with management, I emailed several tunes & left several messages, before somebody finally got back to me. (About 2 week lapse in time) I was told it was due to lack of staff. There were no wash cloths or hand towels upon arrival. And the couch, though comfy, had a strong mildew odor so wasn’t really utilized while there. (Suggestion to management; get an upholstery cleaner to shampoo it) Cookware is very outdated and needs replaced.
Like I said, minor little issues. Otherwise, our stay was wonderful!
We are happy Julie enjoyed her stay in our home, and we are sincerely sorry for any issues she had while staying with us. The lapse in communication was unfortunately a result of a negligent staff member who is no longer with us, not a lack of staff. This is not typical, and will absolutely not be an issue moving forward. Our team prides itself heavily on responsiveness and guest satisfaction, hence the Super Host Status. Julie's parents were staying onsite and were not able to find the wash cloths. Our team responded immediately, went to the store and bought and brought extra to the home, as well as showed the family where the original ones in the house were located. We have not had any other complaints about the couch, and could not identify any odor when we inspected after this review. Despite this, we got the couch professionally cleaned just to be extra diligent. The home owner also bought new cookware! Again, we are happy the stay was overall positive and we would love to host her family again in the future.
The location is fabulous. A quick uber ride or bike ride to the beach. They have bikes and beach equipment available for use which was perfect. The place is clean and comfy. Great customer service as well.
Good & bad.
A few negatives given that it wasn’t the cheapest place.
- Kitchen sink faucet was literally falling apart and was hard to turn off and on.
- Master bathroom tub also had outdated handles that were impossible to keep the temp. consistent.
- We had no rolls of toilet paper available other than what was on the holder = main necesity for a group of 5.
- No extra accommodations other than tea.
- Toilet in master was barely functioning.
- Piece of duck tape covering the lock vs. just changing it out = ghetto.
- The company that rents out the condo, kept calling me by my MOL name even though it was my name sent through VRBO. I understand if that is what went through INITIALLY, however it was corrected and was mentioned more than 5 times through different correspondence, including PHONE that it was MY name on the card and on the RSVP. (VRBO sent me questions and updates regarding the stay using the correct name, so it was just annoying negligence on their part)., Furthermore the girl that works for guest services “Kelli” was incredibly slow to respond. I had to prove it was my name on the card (which made no sense considering they can’t see it anyway) and even with a screen shot of my bank Acct and a bank statement showing the money being withdrawn, it STILL dragged out the process of getting our welcome email. This is mere days before our trip. I had to email her numerous times to check in = frustrating. After everything was confirmed with the owners she said she would send an email and did not. I AGAIN had to check in with her to send the email, letting her know that we would be looking else where to stay. Traveling with so many including a toddler is stressful enough, did not need to babysit and check in as many times as we had too to secure a room we already paid for! Positives are: it was clean, plenty of towels, nice view, quiet and friendly neighbors and close to many things. I wouldn’t stay again due to the company that manages the rental - as well as the outdated items above/non-existent bare essentials such as toilet paper. We definitely now understand the difference between renting from a Company who manages rentals than from actual owners themselves.
We take all customer feedback very seriously, as this is the only way we can grow and improve a home. We had our Guest Service Director go and assess the above issues immediately after reading this review. We found that the kitchen and bathroom faucets work without issue, as well as the toilet. There were also three rolls of toilet paper underneath the bathroom sink according to our cleaning service. That is standard for all of our homes. We tell all of our guests to please call us immediately with any issues while onsite, so we can either troubleshoot with them or send someone to fix them immediately. We unfortunately did not hear from Jennifer at all during her stay, so all of this information in the review was a surprise. We would have loved to help her while she was in our home, especially for simple things like finding the toilet paper under the sink, which I’m sure would have improved her stay.
Jennifer originally booked her reservation under her mother in law's name, so this is how it was sent to us from VRBO. After speaking to Jennifer, we found out that she had booked with her credit card, but with her mother-in-laws name. We offered to change the reservation to note her name, and only requested to see her credit card and ID to show it was indeed her. This is standard fraud prevention that VRBO encourages all hosts to do. Sadly, VRBO’s system is not built to protect hosts against credit card fraud, and it happens all the time. Jennifer said she could not provide the card, as her toddler had hidden it somewhere. She also refused to provide us with a different card that she did have in her possession. This made us uncomfortable, and although we stayed in touch with Jennifer, it took us a few days to find a solution. We needed to speak to our bank and the owner of the property, as this was against our policy. Jennifer did end up providing bank statements to show the funds had been withdrawn from her account. At this time we made an exception, and allowed her to stay despite the incorrect booking and lack of the credit card being in her possession. We are extremely sorry that this caused her a less than perfect stay. We strive to make sure everyone has a flawless time and enjoyed their stay to the fullest.
Loved my stay here. Great views of Del Mar Race Tracks and Del Mar Beach. Walking distance to beaches and restaurants. Very quiet. Bed in main room is very comfortable. Layout is comfortable. Decor is 70's scheme but that is okay. Price is right. Location, location location. I will for sure stay here again. Loved the view and easy access to everything.
This worked perfectly for us and another couple. We wanted to be close to the Del Mar Racing Track, the ocean, and Solana Beach area. The apartment had enough room for the 4 of us, and for the most part well equipped. Good selection of nice wine glasses. Definitely quiet. Great views of the track. No A/C but there were fans. Normally, not a big issue for no A/C. There were things that could have been cleaned better, but that's not a total deterrent. Overall, we would stay here again and would recommend this to others.