|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Situated in the centre of quaint St. Johann in Tirol, our apartment has breathtaking panoramic views of the mountains and village. It's an easy walk to everything and you'll have a wonderful time in both winter and summer.
The highlight of the apartment is a large, open-plan kitchen/dining/living area. Panoramic windows offer breathtaking views of the mountains, fill the apartment with light and open out onto a roof terrace.
The layout creates a wonderful sense of space and privacy. The dining table seats up to 8. You can comfortably sleep 6 in 3 separate bedrooms, all with top quality mattresses. Bedroom 1 has a queen bed and full en-suite bathroom (bath/shower & WC). Bedroom 2 has a king bed and small balcony. Bedroom 3 is smaller with two single beds. Bedrooms 2 & 3 share a full bathroom (shower, bath, & WC) and an separate WC in the hallway.
The bedrooms have excellent sound insulation. Even when we're there with the children, friends and grandparents, there's enough space for everyone. We put the kids to bed early and enjoy long evening dinners or movies without disturbing them.
1. You can walk to everything! Walk to the ski area in 10 mins. Walk to the supermarkets, village center, restaurants, sport shops, boutiques, train station, church in 5 mins. Walk to the swimming pool and ice skating rink in 15 mins. The apartment is only 120 m from the train station. If you want, you could park your car in our safe underground garage and not use it for the whole vacation. Convenient train access to Kitzbuhel (7 mins), Innsbruck (1 hr 30 mins), Salzburg (2 hrs 20 mins), and Munich (2 hrs 30 mins).
2. St. Johann is a winter sports paradise with great skiing in the resort itself (see http://www.snowmagazine.com/ski-resort-guide/1006-austria/1608-st-johann-in-tirol) but with a free and convenient ski bus is part of the largest linked ski area in Austria with access to over 1,000 km of ski pistes. The ski school for children is excellent. Nearby ski areas include Kitzbuhel, Pastun, Steinplatz, and Scheffau. In January, experience the excitement of World Cup skiing in the chic medieval town of Kitzbuhel, home of the famous Downhill Hahnenkamm race.
Enjoy 170 km of groomed cross-country ski trails for both skating and langlauf. It's all free with no ski passes required. Walk to the nearest trail in 5 mins or drive to main stadium in 5 mins where there is free parking and inexpensive equipment rental. You can ski for hours, stopping at local inns for lunch or apfelstrudel and gluhwein.
3. Other activities in winter and summer include:
--A modern swimming pool with floor to ceiling windows and sun-loungers looking out onto the mountains. The large indoor pool connects to an outdoor heated spa pool that is excellent in winter. Also a sauna. Walk there in 15 minutes.
--Excellent golfing with many 18-hole courses within an easy drive.
--Hiking for serious alpinists as well as leisure hikers
--Mountain biking and road biking (host to the Masters Cycling Classic race in August)
--Horse-riding, hot air balloon rides, lake swimming, canoeing, rafting, tandem paragliding and more!
This is the first year we're renting out our beautiful apartment in St. Johann in Tirol. We've had some of our most memorable family holidays here—with friends, parents, grandparents—and are excited that others will now enjoy it too. Both fantastic skiing in the winter a great out door mountain experience in the summer.
After many years visiting the Kitzbuheler Alps, we felt at home in St. Johann—quaint and traditional but not too touristy. And from the first moment we set foot in the apartment, we fell in love with the view.
The view is fabulous! And the location in the center of the village is unbeatable. We love leaving the car in the garage and walking everywhere--the bakery, supermarket, ski slopes, and restaurants. We knew we wanted to enjoy the apartment with friends and family so the convenience of being able to walk everywhere makes co-ordinating different needs and skiing styles easy and simple.
We really enjoyed our stay in your magnificant appartment. Weather was brilliant and the snow pretty good for the temperatures. So we intend to come back.
Kind regards Michael
Beautiful Penthouse with a fantastic few all over the roofs of St Johann , very homely and commodious with a full equipment. The appartment is only a few feets far from the City with a lots of shops, cafes and restaurants, the station and the hospital. We have had a very nice holiday at Easter with skiing and want to come back soon in summer!
A family from Germany with 3 teens (12/15/16 years)
We had a lovely ski holiday at this wonderful apartment. It is spacious, clean and extremely well equipped with great views. Our first time skiing in Austria was a great success and we would love to come back another time. Thank you Terri for our holiday in your apartment.
Wonderful apartment , with great views over the town and surrounding mountains . All the family found it great place to relax after a hard days skiing . Great location centrally located in the town with two well stocked Spar shops close by , where the prices were quiet reasonable . Great restaurants nearby , but the apartment was so nice we ate in most nights .
Slopes very close by, approx. 10 mins walk .
Eva and Terri always very helpful .
We will go back again .
David Phelan .
We were very impressed with the apartment which exceeded our expectations. The apartment is very convenient for the town and has superb views from the living room and balcony. It is comfortable, spacious, clean and warm with plenty of hot water. St Johann is well situated for visiting Kitzbuhel by train or bus and a number of other ski areas are accessible by car. The town has a number of restaurants and cafes. There is a very good leisure pool and it is possible to do winter walks on roads and paths cleared of snow.
Really lovely appartment, well appointed and in a great location for restaurants & bars. Short walk to station with free trains to Kitzbuhel (with ski pass), only 10 mins right to bottom of Hannenkam lift. 15 min drive to Ellmau/Soll ski area too. Love to come back.
We stayed in the apartment for skiing for 5 nights with 4 adults and 2 children.
It is really huge, well equipped and has a breathtaking 180 degrees view over the rooftops of St. Johann and the surrounding mountains. There are lots of shopping facilities and restaurants only a short walk away. Did I mention the large roof terrace? It is also a very quiet apartment (I hope our neighbors will agree to that).
The hosts are always ready to help with any advice or help needed.
The underground garage is a little narrow, but which one is not.
The TV provides only a few German / Austrian channels and more English one. But we didn't come to watch TV :-)
To cut a long story short, if we come back to St. Johann next year, this will be our first accommodation choice.
We love St. Johann in winter and summer:
- A winter sports paradise with great skiing in the resort itself and with a free and convenient ski bus is part of the largest linked ski area in Austria with access to over 1,000 km of ski pistes. The ski school for children is excellent. Close to Kitzbuhel, Pastun, Steinplatz, and Scheffau.
- In January, experience the excitement of World Cup skiing in the nearby medieval and trendy town of Kitzbuhel, home of the famous World Cup downhill Hahnenkamm races.
- 170 km of groomed cross-country trails (for skating and langlauf). It's all free with no ski passes needed. Ski for hours--from village to village--stopping at great local inns for lunch or apfelstrudel and gluhwein.
- Ice skate at the outdoor rink at the St. Johann recreation center and also indoor in Kitzbuhel.
- The village has a large modern public swimming pool with floor to ceiling windows and sun-loungers looking out onto the mountains. A large indoor pool connects to an outdoor heated spa pool that is fabulous in winter. Also a sauna.
- Wonderful local restaurants, including many with traditional Tyrolean cuisine and also several good Italian restaurants. The outside terrace dining in the sun at the top of the gondola is also excellent.
- One of our favorite activities is the 2.5 km toboggan run down the mountain, also open in the evenings. We've never seen anything like it elsewhere in Europe or North America.
- Every year we go on a magical night-time horse-drawn sleigh ride.
- Other adventure activities include hot air balloon rides and tandem paragliding.
- For a city excursion, drive to Mozart's birthplace, Salzburg, (~ 1 hour) and enjoy classical music concerts and soak up the old-city atmosphere with a bag of hot roasted chestnuts.
If you are interested in hiking, swimming in the pool or lakes, playing golf, tennis river rafting or just want to enjoy the village life, I am sure you will not be disappointed.
- Fabulous hiking trails for experienced alpinists and easier alpine meadow hikes for the less energetic hikers who prefer to ride the gondola up; also long walks from village to village, around picturesque and swimming lakes, and along the valley and river.
- 200 km of mountain bike trails and excellent road cycling, hosting the Masters Cycling Classic race every year in August.
- Spend all day swimming and boating at gorgeous Schwarzsee, ideal for families and open-water swimmers.
-The village swimming pool has three large pools suitable for all levels together with a water shoots and fun areas.
-River rafting. Have a new family safe experience, or enjoy an adrenaline shot just 2 kms from St Johann
- Excellent golfing to choose from many 18-hole courses within a short drive. Tennis also a available in the village.
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£216|
|Prices incl cleaning fee||£104|
Check in at 15:00 and check out at 10:00.
Damage deposit will be refunded within 7 days of departure as long as there is no damage as detailed in rental agreement.
Included are: Private underground parking, heating, electricity, digital tv, washer/dryer, bathroom/kitchen towels, all bedding.
Rates are for occupancy up to 6-persons max, 3-5-night minimum stays depending on availability with change-over day on Saturday in peak season. Message owner to request any variations.