Welcome to 'Braintree South”. Named after our family's childhood vacation home in Braintree Vermont, this beautiful mountain cabin is located on the top of Wintergreen Resort and we are pleased to offer your family the same stress free, relaxing getaway we enjoyed so much over the years.
The house is a perfect for fit to enjoy Wintergreen with family and friends. It has a great open living and dining area on the middle floor where groups can spend their time together, as well as an upper and lower floor that offer quiet and privacy. There is wonderful wood burning fireplace and firewood is provided. The kitchen is well stocked with all of the pots and pans you will need and there is even a gas grille. A Keurig is provided, bring your own K-cups. All linens provided, one set per person.
The entry way the home is very easy access with a flat driveway. There is a wraparound deck on the main level, privacy deck attached to the master bedroom and a lower deck for the two lower bedrooms. The “stairway to heaven” puts you on an observation deck with seating and a serene view perfect for a picnic.
Wifi, Roku and loads of old DVDs can fill the downtime.
It is in a great location with easy access to skiing, snow tubing, outdoor swimming pools and tons of hiking trails right out the front door. The Mountain Inn and Conference center are also a short distance away.
• Ski Access/Mountain Inn and Plunge tubing: 5 mins by car inside of resort to Mountain Inn/Ski main parking.
• Hiking: 700 yards to the Shamokin Springs Nature Preserve and trail.
We are also centrally located to other nearby attractions such as wineries, breweries, several apple and strawberry orchards and fishing.
• Wineries: There are a ton! Our favorite is Veritas, great wine, better views and about a 30 min drive.
• Breweries: 15 mins to Devils Backbone and Blue Toad Cidery. Several others within a few miles.
• Distilleries: VA Distillery Co. has great Whisky and Silverback has a smooth vodka!
• Orchards: Chiles Peach Orchard is 45 mins and Carter Mountain Apple Orchard is an hour away. Dickies Bros Orchard is about 30 mins on a beautiful mountain drive.
• Fishing: You can fly fish the Tye River for Browns and Rainbows and the Upper and Middle James for small mouth and much more.
You have access to all outdoor pools on Wintergreen resort as well as owner parking for the Mountain Inn skiing parking lots. We are NOT club members. This means when you stay with us you will NOT have access to the fitness and aquatics center. However, daily family club pass are available for purchase through the resort with spa service purchase. The only way to get access to these amenities is to book through Wintergreen Resort or to have guest passes from a member.
We value transparency in our listing with no surprises as you check out, so please note that like MOST VRBO properties offered on Wintergreen Resort, we base the price per night on the number of guests. The base price is for 2 guests and a $15 nightly fee is added per person above that. This model allows us to accommodate smaller groups as well as larger ones. This offsets the increased costs and labor that comes with hosting a larger group including utilities, linens, toiletries, and preparations we provide. This will be reflected immediately in the VRBO total when you enter in the number of guests. For this reason and so we supply the appropriate linens and supplies we ask that you accurately mark the number of guests.
Also summer guests please note there is no AC in the home like most homes on the mountain. It stay pretty comfortable year round on the top of the mountain where we are located. Fans and open windows are quite comfy!