After a full day of adventures and/or pampering, return home to our newly remodeled guesthouse. This 2 bedroom/2 bathroom is attached to our home with a private entrance and parking. We are a gated property at the end of a quiet cul-de-sac street and provide the ultimate perch from which to enjoy panoramic views of the Carmel Valley mountains. A spacious open floor plan provides a great space to unwind or start the day. The location is ideal and very convenient!
Our newly remodeled 2 bedroom/2 bathroom guesthouse is attached to our main house and has its own private entrance and plenty of parking.
The great room (kitchen, living rooms and dining area) is flooded with natural light from all angles and skylights above. A large flat screen TV, comfortable seating for six, complimentary wine and treats make for a perfect start to your stay.
The spacious fully stocked kitchenette provides everything you need from coffee/tea to a pantry stocked with olive oil and spices. Appliances include a full fridge, microwave, oven, a plug in stove top, and a blender. A BBQ on the back deck is ready for your grilling needs.
Upstairs is a spacious bedroom and California King pillow-top bed with luxury linens, duvet and a selection of pillows to accommodate stomach, back and side sleepers. The full bathroom is stocked with luxury soft towels, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, mouthwash, cotton swabs, and a first aid kit. Sliding glass doors in this bedroom lead to the best view in the house. Enjoy your morning coffee on the deck overlooking the lush green mountains.
The downstairs bedroom has a Queen pillowtop bed, luxury linens, duvet and a variety of pillows to choose from as well. You will find a flat screen TV and a private bathroom also stocked with luxury towels, mouthwash, soaps, cotton swabs, hair products and a first aid kit.
This space is great for families, two couples or two singles traveling together.
In addition to all the standard amenities, we provide beach supplies for your convenience. There are beach chairs, a beach blanket, umbrella, sand toys, beach towels, a boogie board, and cooler available for you to use while you stay here. Pack your drinks and snacks into the cooler provided. Hopefully you get to see some dolphins or whales while you are here!
Location and convenience are key! We love this spot because it is close to everything; restaurants, grocery stores, coffee shops, pastry shops are blocks away. Whether you come to Carmel for a major event like the Pebble Beach Concours de l’Elegance, AT&T Golf tournament, Pebble Beach Food and Wine events, the Big Sur International Marathon, The Bach festival, Jazz Festival, or just to relax at the white sand beaches of Carmel – you will love this location at the center of it all!
• 2 miles from downtown Carmel-by-the-Sea where you can delight in strolling around the village and taking in the quaint custom shops, divine selection of restaurants, delicious pastry and coffee shops, adorable architecture, beautiful art galleries and fantastic selection of wine tasting shops.
• 1.5 miles to Carmel Beach which delights surfers, scuba divers, spearfisherman, kayakers, paddleboarders, sea otters, dolphins, whales and seabirds.
• 3 miles to Pebble Beach and the world famous 17 Mile Drive and multiple golf courses.
• 4.5 miles to the Monterey Bay Aquarium and Steinbeck’s Cannery Row
• 3 miles to Point Lobos State Natural Reserve to hike the dramatic oceanfront trails and take incredible photographs or 8 miles to Garland Ranch Regional Park for 60 miles miles of incredible hiking/running trails that rise 2000 feet in elevation.
• Four luxury spa resorts are within a 9 mile radius where you can spend your day pampering yourself in their luxurious tubs, saunas, treatment rooms and fantastic restaurants.
• Only 40 minutes south on scenic highway 1 to visit Big Sur where you can experience rustic and luxury restaurants, sweeping ocean vistas and fantastic hiking/running. Curl up with a book on the banks of the Big Sur River or the on the purple sands of Pfeiffer State Beach.
We love to meet our guests and make them feel at home. We live in the main house and are happy to interact as much or little as you'd like. There is so much to do and see in this area so if you want recommendations, don't hesitate to ask. We can also help set-up reservations to restaurants, activities or spa visits before you arrive. Our pre-arrival communications provide many ideas if you'd like!
We absolutely love the outdoors and this area offers so many exceptional experiences. We are avid ocean lovers (scuba, surfing, kayaking, spearfishing), and also do tons of hiking and running so don’t hesitate to ask if you want any local recommendations. There are local books and maps in the guesthouse for your convenience.
The environment is very important to us and we have made many investments in our home to minimize our impact. We have solar panels for our power, and have a grey water system to recycle our water into the garden. We compost our kitchen scraps and green waste and have a vegetable garden and many fruit trees on the property. Your view from the guesthouse kitchen is of our hillside berry trellis where you can pick blackberries and raspberries during summer months!