Our luxurious one bedroom 2nd floor condo is located in the lovely Westport by the Sea complex on the beach at the end of Ocean Ave. It has a view of the State Park and the lighthouse plus a glimpse of the waves from the balcony! It is decorated with a beachy feel in calming blues and greens. Just a couple of minutes walk to the water and the ocean front trail. This condo does not have an ocean view but is located in one of the newest buildings with great amenities such as big jetted tub, granite counters and an elevator which are not available in the older ocean front units.
✓Super comfortable king bed plus a queen sofa bed.
✓ Well equipped kitchen with dishwasher, stove, microwave, full size fridge with ice and water dispenser, drip filter coffee maker, French press, blender, toaster, panini press, pots and pans, dinnerware, glass ware, picnic ware.
✓Big jetted tub.
✓Shampoo, conditioner, body wash and soap are provided along with fluffy towels and crisp cotton sheets.
✓High speed WiFi and two smart TVs with cable (140+ channels), DVD player.
✓Amazon Echo for music and information.
✓Beach towels, beach chairs, sports gear, clamming gear.
✓Access to all resort facilities including the outdoor Jacuzzi, heated pool (open May -Oct), fitness center, club house, BBQ areas, roof top decks, playground, putting green and sports court.
✓Close to the Jacuzzi/pool area and also handy to the ocean front path.
✓Pet friendly and nearby the pet walking area ~ large dog bed, water and feed bowls, dog towels, shampoo and clean-up bags.
✓Washer and dryer in condo.
Things to do in Westport:
1. The beach: Walk for miles on the long, quiet beaches. Great for dogs and kids as there are no vehicles allowed on the beach in Westport. Beachcombing for sand dollars, agate and other treasures. Take the beach chairs and a beverage to watch the sun set over the water.
2. Biking: Bring your bikes and ride along the ocean front path or around town. We like to ride to the marina/docks for lunch or ice cream.
3. Surfing: Go surfing or watch the surfers and kite surfers at Half Moon Bay. It is on the way to the marina along the ocean path, just near the parking lot or you can drive there. There are a couple of places in town to rent surfboards.
4. History: Climb the tallest lighthouse in Washington just a couple of minutes walk from the condo. It is open most weekends and sometimes other days of the week. Also check out the Maritime Museum near the docks which has a stunning Fresnel lens from Destruction Island lighthouse.
5. The Docks: Wander around the docks to view the fishing fleet and see the sea lions playing. Buy some fresh seafood to cook back at the condo.
6. Clam Digs: Look out for the dates for razor clam digs.
7. Fishing and crabbing: Book a fishing charter trip or fish from the beach or docks.
8. Eat and drink: We like Blackbeard’s Brewing Co. just up the road for pizza and beer brewed on the premises. Also good are Bennett’s Fish Shack at the docks and Cranberry Road Winery on the State Route back towards Grayland. If you are looking for a big breakfast try Blue Buoy near the docks, or Tokeland Hotel for a wonderful breakfast/brunch on the weekend (check opening hours).
9. Whale watching: From March to May book a whale watching trip. Check the schedule with Westport Seabirds who will take you 30 miles offshore.
10. Festivals: Westport has a variety of festivals throughout the year. Check the Westport-Grayland Chamber of Commerce site for upcoming festivals.
11. Shop: there are a number of stores offering souvenirs, clothing and homewares. Favorites are Pomegranate (Home decor) and The Painted Pelican (Antiques) both in Grayland.
12. Stay in! The condo is cozy and comfortable. Play board games, read in front of the fire, watch cable, cook a great meal, take a long bath in the big jetted tub, relax on the balcony.y.