Completely renovated property with a majestic entrance courtyard and a barn (closed for the tenants). Tree-lined garden (1ha/2,5 acres) with a secured heated pool. 5 bedrooms, 4 bath or shower rooms, 5 WC. Living room (90sq.m) with high class open-plan kitchen in a veranda. At the cross of all tourist sites of the Périgord Noir region. Centre of Sarlat only 20 minutes away. But many other activity and sights around. A brochure in english about the close neighborhoods can be provided on demand.
The house was renovated between 2013 and 2015. Main home applicances renewed in 2017 and 2018. It provides complete privacy, combined with a private heated and secured swimming pool (4mx9m). The garden measures over 1ha (2,5 acres). Dominant view in the area is one of countryside, woods and surrounding hills. The property is located in a calm hamlet and is not overlooked.
5 bedrooms providing 9 sleeping places:
2 bedrooms with double beds
1 bedroom with 2 single sofa beds (attachable and confortable mattresses)
1 bedroom with 2 single beds
1 bedroom with 1 single bed
2 cots available
4 bath or shower rooms, 5 toilets
Large living room (90sq.m) with high quality open-plan kitchen in veranda.
Contemporary furniture with ancient elements. Great thermal and phonic isolation. Special attention given to lighting: very bright house with open spaces.
On the ground floor:
* Spacious living room (90sq.m), allowing a harmonious communication between inside and outside. Perfect for a summer stay, as the front side of the house gives access to an equipped private terrace. On the rear side, a small balcony with stairs allows you to descend to the back terrace overlooking the pool and the huge rear garden. Including
- Sitting room, dressed around the monumental chimney
- Dining area with an ancient, massive wooden table, eight couches (S Panton type) and three high chairs for children (age 2-6).
- High quality open-plan kitchen with garden view from every window, fully equipped with polished concrete kitchen top and a furnished bar. All electro appliances are new and upscale: big oven, microwave oven, 5 ring vitro-ceramic hob, extractor fan, dishwasher, toaster, capsule coffee machine, kettle, refrigerator/freezer, ...
* Laundry room (in the tower adjoining the dining area) equipped with washing machine and dryer.
* Separate WC
The night suites are located on the first and garden floor. All of them are accessible from the inside; bedrooms on garden floor are also accessible from the outside. This allows, for example, two families travelling together to have their own space.
Upstairs night suite (2 bedrooms and 2 shower rooms with toilets):
* The landing offers a small private sitting space.
* On the left: access to a first room, equipped with a double bed (160 cm x 200), bedside tables, chest of drawers and a wardrobe. It provides of a private shower room in the adjoining tower, containing a balneotherapy shower, a washing basin and a toilet.
* The second room on the first floor is situated at the right side of the landing. This one has two single beds (90cmx200 each, not attachable), bedside tables, chest of drawers and a wardrobe. It also provides a private bathroom with shower, washing basin and a toilet.
Air-conditioning is available upstairs (useless at ground and garden level, as the walls are 120cm thick).
You will find the second night suite on garden level (3 bedrooms en suite, 2 bathrooms and 2 toilets):
* The central room can be either a second private sitting corner or a comfortable sleeping place for two people (two convertible sofa beds, with very confortable mattresses, 100 cm x 200 each). The room has direct access via the stairs on ground floor, but it is isolated by a sliding door which is backed up with a curtain. Garden views.
* There is a bedroom with 1 single bed on the left, with a private entry on the courtyard. It also provides a private bathroom with a large corner bath, washbasin and toilet. Both bedroom and bathroom dispose of a garden view.
* On the right hand side, you’ll find a double bedroom with a double bed (160 cm x 200), bedside tables, cabinet and chest of drawers. The room has its private entry through a French window, leading to the rear terrace and garden. It also provides a tiled shower room with walk-in shower and washbasin.
* A separate toilet with washbasin completes this floor.
The 3 bedrooms are en suite, separated by a door dubbed with a curtain each. They also have an independent access each (on ground floor or through the exterior).
Bathrooms, showers and bathtub have been renovated during the summer of 2013. Main home appliances renewed in 2017 and 2018.
Wireless internet, fixed telephone line (local calls) available. Satellite television and sound system located on ground floor.
Central heating available during the low season.
Upstairs is air conditioned. Considering thickness of the walls, temperature on ground and garden level always stay fresh… even during a period of heavy heat.
* Majestic walled courtyard in front of the house. This yard to the right includes a small, romantic garden in the shadow of centuries-old trees. To the left you will find a beautiful barn (property owners use it as a warehouse, not accessible to guests)
* Terrace to the front of the house, on the entry porch.
* Terrace to the rear of the house, overlooking the pool.
* Heated private pool (4mx9m), equipped with an electric roller cover (children's safety). Opened from mi-april to end september. It is situated in the rear garden, about 10m further below the house.
* Slightly inclining garden (1ha/2,5 acres) in the rear, with a magnificent view over the countryside and the surrounding hills.
Garden furniture (and parasols) at disposal on the different terraces and at the poolside.
The propriety is located in a hamlet but very quiet, most of the time almost empty (secondary houses of a dutch family). Nor the house nor the garden are overlooked.