Lori Engelhardt, Property Manager
Pool / Spa
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
We really enjoyed the house! The property is gorgeous. We loved the proximity to the Russian River area and mainly the pool and views from the property. Also love the finishes in the main house, the doug fir floors are a favorite!
Thank you so much for having us, I most definitely will be renting the property again.
Best weekend getaway!
My friends and I decided to do a Russian River trip weekend and we couldn’t have asked for a more beautiful home! The pool and jacuzzi were amazing! We had so much fun frolicking around the vineyards and exploring the property. The proximity to grocery stores and the Russian River made it so convenient. We made a nice dinner in the beautiful kitchen the first night. We planned on going out to dinner the second night and we all decided to stay in and enjoy the house! One of the best weekends I’ve ever had! Lori was great as she’s made sure we had everything we needed. Thanks Lori! Hope to come back next year!
Thank you, Katherine, for taking such great care of the home! We hope to have you back this summer!
Beautiful Estate and Wonderful Experience!
I rented out Knowlton Farms for a weekend in July for a group celebrating a birthday and we had such a wonderful time! We rented both houses and each has a unique charm with the decor and such. The estate is absolutely beautiful and the pool was great. Lori, the property manager, was a joy to work with. She was responsive, pleasant and so easy to work with in arranging everything. She even suggested a wine tour company, Magnum Wine Tours, that we ended up using for a group trip and they were fabulous. The location is ideal and close to grocery stores and. more importantly, many wineries. The only tiny issue that took us by surprise was that the outdoor BBQs were the charcoal camping style grills. We ended up just running to the store to buy charcoal and using the 2 on site to cook for our group. Overall, we loved our stay and everyone had a fantastic time. We are even talking about planning a return trip back!
We are so happy you are already talking about a return trip back - we look forward to hosting you again! For the Weber BBQ's, we also have charcoal available at both homes (in the mud room at the farmhouse and in the laundry room at the guest house). I'm so sorry you had to run out and get some! I'll be sure to highlight that information in more detail (and more obviously!) in the guest book so the extra trip isn't necessary! We look forward to hosting you all again soon!
Beautiful and relaxing
We stayed for a weekend to do a bachelorette party. The house is furnished impeccably. The grounds are amazing! This place was a real treat.
So happy you all enjoyed your stay! Come back and visit us in the future!
Incredible Property Away from the Crowds of Napa
We booked this property to celebrate a special engagement weekend to my fiancé with a small intimate group of friends and family. Having two separate houses worked perfectly for what we needed! The main house is elegantly decorated in chic modern farmhouse style with a chef's kitchen ideal for taking advantage of the bountiful food of the region. We had an unforgettable dining experience outside in the garden at sunset in a true farm-to-table setting. Daytime strolls through the vineyard and lazing by the pool with some tasty vino were the perfect way to enjoy the beautiful sunny weather.
Lori the property manager was super professional and very accommodating. She was quick to respond to the many questions we had about the property leading up to our stay and made sure everything was perfect to accommodate some of our special requests.
The surrounding area of Sebastapol is a gem! Small town but full of life! Highly recommend checking out Capricopia Organic farm which is located just a short distance from the house. The local market, Andy's is ideal for getting top quality local products and ingredients.
If I had the money, I would buy this place in a heartbeat! Until then, we'll be visiting again during our next trip to the area.
Recommend without hesitation for anyone looking for an authentic, intimate, and fun wine country weekend away from the crowds of Napa and Sonoma!
We are so happy you enjoyed your stay at Knowlton Farms! We appreciate all of your communication throughout your stay and welcome you back anytime!
- The vineyard and farm is centrally located in West Sonoma County, near the Russian River and in between Sebastopol, Guerneville, Forestville, Graton and nearby Occidental.
- West Sonoma County is home to a vast diversity of independently owned restaurants, wineries, breweries, art galleries and shops.
- We back up to the beautiful Joe Rodota Trail, perfect for morning walks / runs, dog walking, biking, etc. Trail runs almost completely from Forestville , Sebastopol and into Santa Rosa.
- There are countless wineries in West Sonoma County, at least six are located within a 10-minute drive including Kistler, Merry Edwards, Paul Hobbs, Dutton Goldfield, Emeritus, Vineyards, Red Car, Dehlinger and Iron Horse.
- The Barlow is just a 10-minute drive from the property and has many options for local food and drinks featuring local produce, wines, coffees and baked goods
- Osmosis Day Spa in Freestone provides a unique spa experience, known for their fermented cedar baths. Russian River kayaking and boat rafting. And Armstrong Woods one of the last giant Redwood Groves with some trees over 1,400 years old
- We are approximately 25 minutes from Bodega Bay Beach, 15 minutes to the Russian River, 25 minutes to Santa Rosa and 1-hour and 45 minutes to San Francisco.
- The closest airport to fly into is Santa Rosa, and we're approximately a 2-hour+ drive from SFO and Oakland airports.