|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Located in Waterville Estates with a recreation center which includes use of indoor/outdoor pools, basketball court, workout facility and tavern. Waterville Estates is 10 minutes from Waterville Valley and 10 minutes from Owl's Nest Golf Course providing both summer and winter activities. Renting in Waterville Estates also allows access to cross country ski trails. The home has a total of 3 bedrooms with master bedroom which sleeps 2 and 2 additional bedrooms that sleep a total of 5. The family room in the lower level of the home has a TV and a futon for additional sleeping. A spacious deck which is included in the pictures is perfect for socializing.
Recently installed outlet for ELECTRIC VEHICLES.
Seasonal renters welcome
The only problem with our stay is we should have stayed longer!!!! I'm sure I drove the owners crazy with my million questions but they patiently answered them all. The property was clean and comfortable we felt at home from the start. Everything we needed was in the kitchen and throughout. It was close to hiking and kayaking which was why we went there. It was an unexpected treat to soak in the hot tub and lay by the pool at the club house after our long hike. The home is detached and very private. Next time we will stay longer.
I stayed in this lovely home with my parents, husband and small child. We very much enjoyed our stay.
Pros- The house was clean and comfortable. There was lots of seating. The deck was a nice place to hang out and fun space for my son to play. The kitchen was well designed. In fact, my mom kept commenting on the nice fixtures, cabinets and layout. We liked the spacious mudroom to hold our outdoor clutter. The master bedroom upstairs was very comfortable.The owners were extremely responsive when we had questions and concerns. The internet and cable tv were free and reliable. Access to the Waterville Estates recreational center was one of the biggest draws for us to this house.
Cons- The living room felt very small because the fireplace is so close to the coffee table and tv stand. It seemed a little dangerous for our 2 years old, who can be energetic. Upstairs there is a gap between the window and the floor, which we thought was unsafe for our son so we didn't let him up upstairs without an adult. The basement was cold and the rooms were very tight. Unlike other rentals we've been to, we had to get the place ready for the next renters (take out the trash, wash and dry all linens, vacuum). There was no cleaning fee, but if would've been nice to know that a cleaning company was coming in before and after our stay.
Overall, we gave this house a 4 star because we enjoyed the house and would stay there again.
Owners were flexible and responsive. The home is great--clean, simple and comfortable. We LOVED the dark downstairs (as some reviewers didn't) because it was great sleeping for our kids! The upstairs master is on the third floor and small but lovely. We found it to be a great value for our money--way better than staying with kids in a hotel room!
Be prepared, this is NH so they take trash disposal seriously. Unfortunately for us, we left on a Thursday and the dump is closed so we literally brought our garbage home with us to Pennsylvania. The community that the house is located on is full of nice people but not people who are willing to help a family with two little kids stuck with their trash--literally the dumpsters are locked and videotaped!
There is a lot of kitchen stuff but pretty bare bones on additional, as other reviews implied--we arrived to literally no toilet paper in the house! But there was dish detergent, washer detergent, etc which was all lovely.
The house is definitely not walkable to the community center but it's a quick 2 min ride. The community center was a lifesaver in our rainy days with the indoor pools, game room, fitness room and bar.
We would definitely come again, just a little more prepared with TP and a plan for trash :)
This was a real 'unique' vacation rental. I would compare it to staying at a budget youth hostel. Just make sure that you understand the following aspects before you book a vacation at this location. Also, I have nothing against the owners - they answered all of our questions promptly when we were confronted by some of the more singular aspects of this situation - just that the following are buried in the fine print that comes in the email after you pay the monies for the stay. Most times, I do not read the fine print in detail, but in this particular case, I would strongly urge you to read the fine print. To summarize, here are the details you would need to be aware of before you book.
1. Before leaving, you would need to make sure that all of the beds are made and the beds are left in the same condition as they were when you arrived.
2. Make sure that you completely wash all of the laundry, dry the laundry, fold it and keep it away in its designated spaces (includes all towels, bedspreads/pillow covers). Usually, one is asked to collect the laundry (especially towels) and put them in the washer and turn the washer on before leaving, but in this particular case, the laundry had to be cleaned, dried and put away before you leave.
3. While I understand that nominal cleanup of the place where one stays is considered normal, you will be asked to completely clean up the place before leaving. I did not think that the owners seem to believe in hiring a cleaning crew - of course, I could be wrong. Usually, one is asked to leave the dishes in the dishwasher and turn the dishwasher on before leaving, but in this particular case, the dishes had to be cleaned, dried and put away before you leave.
4. The house is on 3 levels. If you are a family with small children, then the ground floor bedroom has to be used. One of the "bedrooms" on the ground floor is not really a bedroom - it is a walk-in closet converted into a bedroom. There is no space to walk as the bunk beds take up the entire space in the room. In addition, the basement bedroom is a very dark and gloomy space.
5. You would need to take all of the garbage that you generate, put it in your car, drive out about 4 miles and dispose of all of the garbage at a garbage collection unit. Again, in all of the other vacation rentals I have stayed at, the cleaning crew takes out the garbage (and does the laundry). Maybe this is normal in New Hampshire, but new to us.
Ouch - reached word limit...
The home is exactly as pictured; nice and tidy. The location is off the beaten path but close enough to many activities. The home is detatched and private, quiet. Everything you could need is there. Gas grill, woodstove, coffee maker, board games, 3 tv's and best of all...the amenities of the community center. 4 gorgeous pools, hot tubs, a pond with free paddle boats, entertainment etc. We had activities planned and ended up by the pool most of the time! Looking forward to a winter trip! 1 downfall that didnt have any bearing on the review is no air conditioning...
We enjoyed this place, it is as pictured & described. Nice private setting, HUGE TV, tons of beds downstairs and a private master upstairs. Lovely clubhouse short drive away. Highly recommended.
The property is located 10 minutes from Waterville Valley Ski Resort and 10 minutes from Owl's Nest Golf Course. Lake Winnepasaukee is only a 20 minute drive.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
|Property Damage Protection||£78|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£118|
Book 2 consecutive weeks and get $200 off. Seasonal rentals welcome