Unique one of a kind property, over 6 acres backs up to Fort Foster
Why Owner chose Kittery Point
This is a very very private location at the end of the road on a private island. Located on 6 acres that back up to a Federal reserve that includes Fort Foster. You can take walking trails from the back of the house all the way to Fort Foster Beach, one of the top 10 beaches in all of New England. Walking distance to our private rocky beach and Crescent Beach which is sandy. Our property includes ruins from the 1600's of an old homestead including the original rock lined well. Great for multiple families staying together, adults and small children can stay in the main house and older kids/ young adults can stay in the guest house and have their own place.
What makes this House unique
Just one hour and 15 minutes from downtown Boston, and yet the perfect quintessential Maine getaway!
No Bachelor Parties, but great for weddings
Minimum age of primary renter:25
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
This is my second response, but I think because I did not rate communication with property manager maybe it didn't submit. I did not attempt to contact the manager, but maybe should have because one of the doors was unlocked when my daughter and her husband arrived. They had difficulty with the lock box and Jessica walked around the property and found a door near the laundry entrance on the other side of the house unlocked.
The house is so unique and the setting is beautiful and peaceful. My adult children and I had a wonderful time with so much to do within a short radius. Beauty and the Beast was featured at Prescott Park in Portsmouth, NH during our stay, and my sons did the annual Maine beer crawl to various craft breweries. If you enjoy walking there is plenty of opportunity to explore. We enjoyed many excursions to the rocky beach and sea glass became the thing to search for; my granddaughter found so many interesting colors, shapes and sizes. The kitchen is well stocked and I loved the viking stove. We did enjoy area restaurants, but we also grilled and prepared meals. This is by far the best place we have stayed for our annual family gathering.
Beautiful large home with every amenity! Located in a lovely quiet neighborhood within a short walk or bike ride from a few beaches. We were a group of 7 adults and 4 teenagers, we all loved it! Thank you!
It was the perfect setting for gathering our family! It was private and peaceful and the home had plenty of space to accommodate everyone.
We used the bikes to Cresent beach, where the grandkids studied the sea life among the rocks. We spent the day at Fort Foster, soaking in and playing the sun and surf. Took a cruise on the Gundalow along the coast of Portsmouth. We dined in Portsmouth’s many restaurant, and listened to music at Strawberry Banke at night.
Our greatest surprise was finding so many varieties of mushrooms on the property. Our friend is an expert on mushrooms, so please don’t eat them without being positive of the variety. Candied caps were plentiful and her favorite mushrooms:)
Thank you Tim for sharing your home with us...it truly was a memorable vacation💕�😎�
We were able to enjoy many of our favorite activities, biking, walking, swimming at a wonderful beach very close by. The house is located at the end of a road, so it’s private and yet amenities are close by. The house is large enough so everyone had plenty of space to relax. A great kitchen and living area, great for entertaining.
CAN’T MISS THINGS TO DO FOR ADULTS
1. York Harbor Cliff Walk - A gorgeous hidden gem in the town of York. Walk along the cliffs of the harbor with beautiful views of the harbor and open ocean. Not many tourists even know about it!
2. Loop Drive Hwy 103 – That’s the hwy getting to our island. Left go to Frisbee’s Market and Kittery Foreside, Right goes to York Harbor, the cliffs, York Beach, and Nubble Light House.
3. Light House Tour – See Whaleback Lighthouse from Fort Forster on our island, then go to York for the infamous Nubble Lighthouse, eat at nearby Foxes Seafood! Head to Goat Island Lighthouse in Kennebunkport ME, and end up at the Portland Head light in Fort Williams Park in Cape Elizabeth for the most photographed lighthouse of them all!
4. Our Beach at Sisters Point – See the map. Just walk back up our road from the house until you get to the open beach front lot between two houses. Walk towards the house on the left and there is a trail leading out to a grassy area to hang out on just above the rocky beach.
5. Crescent Beach – See the Map. Keep walking past our beach and walk to Tower Road. Turn right on Tower Road. Go to 71 Tower road. There is a private path beside that house that goes to the wonderful private sandy beach!
6. Seapoint Beach – See the Map. If you walk all the way to the other side of Crescent Beach, there is a rocky jetty that goes out into the ocean. There is a trail that goes over to another even larger public beach Seapoint. Or hop on the bikes and ride them by road to the public parking area for Seapoint Beach.
7. Walking Trails To Fort Foster – See the Map. Gorgeous walk thru the woods behind our house. Go behind the house and go through the locked gate and take the old road until you come to a cross roads, turn left and take that road to the road that leads to the entrance of Fort Foster! Voted one of the top 20 beaches in New England!
8. Walk and Shop thru Downtown Portsmouth – Drive to Portsmouth only 5 miles away and meander through the world renowned downtown Portsmouth.
9. Wiggly Bridge and Steedman Woods Walk – Just take Hwy 103 towards York and before you get there, you will see the Wiggly Bridge on the left, so cool to walk across to the uninhabited island!
10. Drive up to Freeport – Just a little over an hour’s drive, go check out the home of LL Bean.
11. Farmers Market – Portsmouth on Saturday, Kittery on Sunday. No one here buys there groceries at the grocery store!
12. Gourmet Alley – Also, shop here. Like I said, who needs a grocery store! Carl’s Meat Market (Meat) and premade wonderful dishes if you don’t want to cook, Golden Harvest (Veggies), Terracotta Pasta (Homemade Italian dishes), Beach Pea (Homemade Breads/Pastries) All of these shops are together and within walking distance of each other.
13. Boston for the day – Just a little over an hour, you can just enjoy a day in Boston. Super worth it if you haven’t been to the harbor, the Freedom trail, a Sox game, or the famous Faneuil Hall. All easy to do in just a day from our house!
14. Tributary Brewing Company – Don’t miss out on the insane Maine craft beer scene. 10 Shapleigh Rd, Kittery, ME 03904 - (207) 703-0093, then eat dinner at the Blue Mermaid next door.
15. Woodland Farms Brewery – Even better beer! 306 US-1 C, Kittery, ME 03904 – (207) 994-3911, then eat dinner at the famous Weathervane Seafood Restaurant.
16. The Kittery Outlets – 306 US Route 1, Kittery ME 03904 – 888-548-8379 - http://www.thekitteryoutlets.com/
17. Kittery Trading Post – If you don’t go to the outlets, at least just go to this one store. You have to see it to believe it.
18. Fort McClary State Historic Site - Pepperrell Rd, Kittery Point, ME 03905 -
19. Kittery Foreside – The great restaurants and shops of the old downtown Kittery by the river near the crossing to Portsmouth.
FUN THINGS TO DO WITH KIDS
1. Water Country - 2300 Lafayette Rd, Portsmouth, NH 03801 - (603) 427-1111 - https://www.watercountry.com/
2. Fort Foster - Pocahontas Rd, Kittery Point, ME 03905 - 207-439-2182 - http://fortfoster.weebly.com/ - Walk / Ride Bikes / Drive to from our house!
3. York Wild Animal Kingdom –
4. Portland Children’s Museum
5. York Play Ground and Short Sands Beach –
6. Yummies Candy’s and Nuts - 384 State Road, US Rt 1 | Kittery, Maine 03904 - (877) 498-6643 - http://www.yummies.com/
7. Portsmouth Kayak Adventures - 185 Wentworth Road • Portsmouth, NH 03801 - 603-559-1000 - http://www.portsmouthkayak.com/
8. Take Flight Aerial Adventure Course - 506 Blue Star Memorial Highway, Kittery, ME 03904 - (207) 439-8838 - http://www.takeflightadv.com/
9. Peirce Island - Peirce Island Portsmouth, NH 03801 - (603) 431-2000 - http://www.portsmouthnh.com/listing/peirce-island/
10. Strawberry Banke Museum - 14 Hancock St, Portsmouth, NH 03801 - (603) 433-1100 - http://www.strawberybanke.org/
11. Fort McClary - Pepperrell Rd, Kittery Point, ME 03905, Nice Playground