Gather up the family to relax and enjoy spending down time together at this cozy 3 bedroom, 2 bath house in the master planned community of Cape Royale. Located a quick drive from Houston, Cape Royale is located right on Lake Livingston, the 2nd largest lake in Texas with excellent fishing and lake entertainment options. Nature surrounds you as you drive and walk around this community with tall pine trees, bird watching, wandering deer and amazing nighttime skies for excellent star watching. The charming town of Coldspring is a quick 10-15 minute drive to any grocery, restaurant and shopping needs. This house sleeps 8 total with a relaxing vibe and a treehouse feel with it’s elevated views of surrounding trees from every window. It's a great place to kick back and enjoy nature.
This is a 3 bedroom, 2 full baths, 1,440 sq feet lake view home with an additional 270 sq ft screened in elevated porch and even larger 800 sq ft porch underneath the house. Totaling over 2,500 sq ft of useable space! The screened in porch makes for great outdoor living space (and additional sleeping space for some on cooler evenings) which includes two ceiling fans, an electric grill, 2 rocking chairs, acacia wood outdoor seating, dining table for meals and partial lake view through the tree line. The open-concept kitchen/dining/living room is perfect for family time and includes large windows to let in the natural light. The recently updated kitchen includes a refrigerator, electric stove/oven, dishwasher, microwave, Keurig coffee maker, drip coffee maker and oversized sink. All cutlery, plates, bowls, glasses, coffee cups, pots, and pans are already stocked so leave yours behind. The living room has a 55” Smart HDTV with 300-watt Bluetooth sound bar for amazing tv/movie watching and music playing. The dining room area can easily seat up to 10 with 8 at the dining room table and 2 at the breakfast bar. The 3 bedrooms are furnished with closets and queen size beds with the master having its own bathroom including a spacious walk-in shower, double-sink, and 32” HDTV. The single-sink guest bathroom is located in the main hallway for easy access from the 2 guest rooms and living/dining/kitchen area. The living room adds an additional sleeping area with a queen size sleeper sofa and a large 60” ceiling fan for great airflow. The hallway includes a board game closet, sheets/blanket closet and a full-size washer and dryer in the laundry closet for your use. Underneath the house is a large 800 sq ft covered patio with bench seating and a ping-pong table for your enjoyment. The house has wireless fiber internet with quick 50/50 Mbps speeds for all your gaming, video streaming and data needs.
- Large 270 sq ft screened in, covered patio off the dining and living room with 2 ceiling fans. The patio sits 13' above the ground level, offering a great view of passing wildlife. Perfect for outdoor dinners, games, relaxing, reading and nature watching. We've even had guests sleep out there on cool evenings.
- Extra large 800 square ft covered patio underneath the house with bench seating and ping-pong table.
- Room for 2 at the breakfast bar + 8 at the dining room table that doubles as a great puzzle, cards and board game location.
- Both the living room and master bedroom have Netflix and streaming cable via Hulu for your shows, movies, and cable tv needs.
- Board games and puzzles in the closet at the end of the hallway.
- Neighborhood walks with an abundance of wildlife including deer.
- Near pitch black evening skies for amazing stargazing.
Cape Royale has a great assortment of amenities for families to enjoy:
- Fishing from the Marina shores (obey all signs) or Royale Greens Park (located off N Royale Greens Drive)
- Marina for boat slip rentals, 3 boat launches, fish cleaning station, gasoline and a small marina store for beer, ice, bait, and snacks
- Beautiful 18 hole public golf course with amazing views. *** Please be advised, as of February 2019 the Golf Course is for sale and periodically experiences downtime. Inquire with us about the course availability prior to booking. We can not control the availability and condition of the course should it be open.
- Community Pool open Memorial Day thru Labor Day weekend. Guests approval needs to be requested ahead of time from the POA and as of February 2019 they do not charge additional fee for use.. Please notify us if your group would like access to the Community pool during your stay.
- Several Parks throughout the Cape Royale community, some with playgrounds
- Full Basketball court
- Nearly 2-mile long Nature Trail that extends from the Marina to the Tennis courts (watch for wildlife)
- Manned 24/7 Security Gate
- We require a two-night minimum stay. Stays longer than 7 nights are eligible for a 10% discount. If looking for a long term rental please inquire with us before booking.
- The house has full wireless fiber internet with 50/50 speeds.
- Guests have streaming cable tv access in the living room and master bedroom via Hulu. These same TVs also have access to Netflix for your entertainment needs.
- Parking for up to 4 cars in the driveway + garage. Due to limited driveway parking, we HIGHLY recommend renting a slip at the marina if bringing a boat.
- The front door has a numeric key lock which requires a passcode to enter. The passcode will be provided prior to arrival.
- The front door also has a Ring Video Doorbell which we use strictly for maintenance requirements, package deliveries, cleaning services and general security while the house sits unoccupied between rentals.
- We respect our neighbors' privacy and ask that you do the same. Please keep noise levels to a minimum.
- We DO NOT accept pets and this is a NON-SMOKING property.
Located on the western shores of Lake Livingston within the Sam Houston National Forest in Texas hill country 70 miles north of Houston Intercontinental Airport with marina, tennis, community pool, clubhouse, and 18 hole golf course bordering the lake. 24-hour manned security entrance leads to Cape Royale Resort.
When George Mitchell created The Woodlands he was looking for a recreational lake area, which was within +/-1 hour distance, with motor-boating, sailing, waterskiing/fishing. He found the perfect peninsula located at Lake Livingstone, the second-largest lake in Texas (Area: 129.7 mi²). He built a quite “British” 18 hole golf course in the surrounding hills and a marina for motor- and sailing boats, tennis courts, basketball /sand Volleyball court, Clubhouse, 24-hour manned entrance. It is 70 miles north of Houston and 3 miles away from the quaint Town of Coldspring with shops and restaurants.