|Minimum Stay||1 - 3 nights|
Two houses of similar size (for 6 persons each or 8 people depending on the conditions) are available for rent.
PRICES ARE INDICATED FOR ONE HOUSE (see 'Prices' ; the prices are the same for both houses).
Do not hesitate to contact us for more information, our website quintadacondeca. com is also available.
A large 17x6x2 m. swimming pool achieved in July 2015 is now available (cf. pictures). Tiled surroundings on spring 2016.
DESCRIPTION OF THE HOUSES FOR RENT :
As mentioned in the historical reminder, the estate consists of 4 habitable estates, each one of them having its own personality, its atmosphere and its specific decoration.
Only the two following houses are now available for rental, they are both equally comfortable and furnished with new premium bedding :
'CASA ENCARNADA' (6 persons)
This house, one of the most spacious, is approximately 140 m² and is designed for 5 ou 6 people.
It consists of :
- A very large living room over 50 m² overlooking the village square, with a large corner fireplace
- A large master bedroom (approximately 17 m²), with one double bed (1.60 x 2 m) and two windows overlooking the front garden or the street.
- A large twin bedroom (approx .20 m²) with very large built-in cupboards, with two single beds (1 x 2 m) and two windows overlooking the front garden.
- A separate room (approx15 m²) with independent access from the entrance hall, with a window overlooking the front garden, large built-in cupboards and a double bed (1.40 x 2 m), ideal for a young couple or a single youngster attached to his independance.
- A fully equipped kitchen with an oven and two electric hobs, microwave, fridge, washing machine, toaster, coffee machine, etc ...
- A bathroom with an embedded washbasin, bath shower and toilet.
This warm-coloured home - more independent of the others - has the distinction of being both a house allowing to be in contact with the daily life of a rural hamlet (especially during the typical village festival which takes place on the central square) while being immersed in the middle of a pretty flower garden.
'CASA VERDE' (6 persons)
The 'green house' is about 110 m² and can accommodate 4 to 6 people.
It consists of :
- A living / dining room (approx. 30 m²) opening onto the patio, with a cosy corner fireplace
- A 15m² mezzanine (with sloping ceiling) on top, allowing two people to sleep in 0.90 x 2 m single beds (as a security measure, sleeping in this space is reserved for adults or grown-up teenagers)
- A large master bedroom (approx. 20 m²) with a 1.60 x 2 m double bed, a door opening onto the patio and three lovely windows, one of them overlooking the gardens and the two others overlooking the patio.
- Two small single rooms (approx. 10 m² each) overlooking the front garden, with 1 x 2 m single beds
- A fully equipped kitchen with an oven and electric hobs, microwave, fridge, washing machine, toaster, coffee machine, etc ...
- A bathroom with a washbasin, bath shower, toilet and bidet
This house – probably the older one, decorated in shades of dominant green, has a special and intimate romantic charm due to its typical rustic architecture, its double orientation allowing charming views, an its easy access to the pergola and orchard.
For charming old mansions admirers as well as nature and authenticity lovers, we offer a pleasant stay at « Quinta da Condeça », in Portugal.
This recently renovated « quinta » (seignorial agricultural estate) located in Estremadura, central region of Lisbon, 25 km from the sea and surrounded by gardens and a park of more than one hectare is typical of the gracious Portuguese architecture from the late 18th to the mid-19th centuries.
Our goal :
Feel as if you had your own seaside & country house, with the necessary autonomy to live the style of holiday you love in total independence, while experiencing the charm of old mansions marked by the patina of History - yet provided with modern-day home comfort.
Besides of the privative use of the rented house, you will have the possibility to enjoy numerous advantages :
- Free use of all the domanial areas (within the bounds of everyone’s respect)
- Walks, games or sunbathing… in the cleared part of the land as well as in the « wilder » one (1 ha of land)
- Collection and (reasonable) consumption of seasonal fruits
- Our assistance to get you to know and enjoy the house (particularly well placed for touring), Portugal or the region around, as we enjoy it ourselves. It will be a pleasure to indicate you the good addresses we know, in terms of tourism and culture, sports, gastronomy, partying or practical details...
Regarding the meals, three options are available :
1) Numerous, unexpensive, good and tasty restaurants (cf. our « discovery and activities' page)
2) Home cooking (our neighbour’s grocery on the village square, various markets and supermarkets nearby)
3) If you feel like eating at home without cooking, we offer you a possibility to savour typical dishes with our « caterer » formula – you’ll only need to warn us and order in advance.
NB : Barbecue available
Laundry service :
If you need to have your linen washed, we can put you in touch with a trustful launderer who we know (warn us in advance).
HISTORY OF QUINTA DA CONDEÇA :
This seignorial agricultural estate is the legacyof a beautiful love story that earned the quinta its name, worthy of a fairy tale and still present in the memory of the inhabitants of Barreiras :
The lands of this village were formerly shared between a few large families of ploughmen.
One of them, the owner of this quinta, had a very pretty girl.
One day a nobleman from Lisbon, descendant of the illustrious family of Mascareignas (noble Portuguese family of navigators and explorers who gave their name to the Mascarene Islands in the Indian Ocean which include Mauritius and Reunion), was hunting in the region.
During a stop in the village, he fell in love with the girl and married her. He then bought the Quinta and the surrounding lands which he offered to his wife as a leisure house, in addition to the title of Countess de Torre, Fronteira and Lorna, many domain names belonging to this renowned family.
The young girl – which was said to be equally as kind-hearted as beautiful, took advantage of the fortune she was endowed with to do all the good she could around her, until her death, around the Second World War.
She notably turned one of the houses (« CASA ENCARNADA ») into a local primary school and financed the construction of the nearby chapel.
A plaque on the chapel still reminds the passer-by memories of her kindness...
The property - though fragmented since – still forms a homogeneous architectural ensemble which now includes a separate house (the old school reassigned to the house) and three adjacent but totally independent houses that are :
- The main two-storey house
- One mezzanine house (« CASA VERDE»)
- One long house on the garden level with a huge library, which was the former home of « Caseiros » (sorts of stewards)
In addition, several outbuildings can be mentioned :
- A barn/storeroom with large wine tanks
- An ancient wine press. The vats in which the grapes were trampled underfoot and the large iron screw still remain.
- A charming dovecote and hutches
- Four wells on the land reminding the ancient agricultural vocation of the area
Former expatriate in various countries of the world including Portugal 20 years ago, I had the time and opportunity to explore this area and this authentic country - which is often not very well known.
I fell in love at that time with the traditional old Portuguese architecture and its tonic and salubrious way of life, with its nice weather.
I returned many years later and bought this enchanting historic estate to restore it and to benefit from both the advantages of a beautiful countryside, a mountain nearby Serra and a dozen different beaches nearby.
To enjoy nature without forgetting the proximity of Lisbon and Obidos (Unesco classified).
I am trying to create a little paradise where I live at the approach of my retirement and welcome my family and friends from France, so I shall be extremely helpful to receive foreign guests too and give them the right information to discover in the best fashion this region full of advantages .... and its gastronomy!
Hervé Cardon purchased this house in 2013
I bought this enchanting historic estate to restore it and to benefit from both the advantages of a beautiful countryside, a mountain nearby Serra and a dozen different beaches nearby.
To enjoy nature without forgetting the proximity of Lisbon and Obidos (Unesco classified).
- Authenticity, beauty and charm of this architecture became very hard to find now (I searched for more than 2 years)
-the feeling of space, peace, freedom and harmony of this set of buildings
- The possibility to enjoy several independent houses, each with their own personality and atmosphere
- Marriage of the old appearance of buildings with modern comfort of the Interior (premium new bedding identical to that team officials palate)
- The points of charming and multiple views from every window on gardens or grounds
- Printing of 'Cornucopia' that gives the field, with a profusion of fruit trees of all kinds (orange, lemon, medlar, apple, pear, hazelnut, peach and cherry, plum variety, etc ... ) successively reach
- Double roots, in a typical rural village on one side and on the land with the land side fields
- The location with the triple natural environment (countryside, sea and Serra) and cultural Lisbon, Obidos, Alcobaça, Cascais, etc ...
It is close to everything and can vary the pleasures in turn, make a retreat or quiet mingle with international events in the capital
- The friendliness of the Portuguese and the sweetness of their 'way of life' (sun, cooking, excellent wines, fado ...)
Beautiful house, nice stay.
Good wine and good music too there ! Portugal is definitely on my top 5 destinations
Bonne addresse découverte grâce au site ABRITEL, nous recommandons. Jardins bien entretenus et charme immense de la batisse.
Pâques au Portugal, une belle destination...
Les + :
- Maison propre et agréable, double chambre parentale particulièrement confortable, lumineuse et décorée avec goût.
- Hôte accommodant (s'est plié de bonne grâce à notre arrivée tardive le premier soir + départ au petit matin le dernier jour) et convivial !
- Piscine aux larges proportions
- Mention spéciale pour la beauté du jardin et la grande variété de fleurs et d'arbustes
- Petit panier de bienvenue avec bouteille de vin et mets locaux, super quand on arrive fatigués avec les valises à défaire (merci !!)
Les - :
- nuits parfois fraîches, se couvrir
- pas de lave-vaisselle
- la petite épicerie sur la place a des horaires d'ouverture aléatoire en fonction de la présence du patron ou non
- l'association était fermée (attend un repreneur début d'été) et nous n'avons pas pu faire de ping pong
Très agréablement satisfaits dans l'ensemble,
De belles vacances en famille (mon mari et nos trois garçons) dans cette maison au charme si authentique, un hôte disponible pour nous prodiguer de bons conseils lorsque nous en avions besoin.
La piscine, bien que pas encore tout à fait finalisée, est belle, idéalement placée (très belle vue sur la campagne environnante) et très spacieuse et les enfants en ont bien profité.
Seul bémol, 2 journées de pluie les deux derniers jours de notre séjour...
Valérie & Josh
La maison n'est pas suffisamment équipée pour le quotidien et la détente .
Elle fonctionne davantage comme une maison d'hôte car le propriétaire vit sur place et partage tous les espaces communs .
On est donc jamais seuls .
Belle région cependant , très belles plages , la gastronomie portugaise vaut le détour , mais nous ne recommandons pas cette location .
j'ai fait la surprise de ce voyage en lastminute au portugal à ma femme pour la saint valentin de nos 15ans de mariage, nous en avons été très satisfait !
Décor romantique au possible, nous avons sejourné dans la maison coté patio, la "casa verde", avec sa grande chambre romantique et la double-fenêtre qui laisse apercevoir une belle végétation, surtout avec le coucher du soleil !
Que dire de plus? belles promenades dans la region, nous recommandons tous particulierement Obidos, degustation sous la pergola le midi diner aux chandelles le soir... idéal pour se ressourcer en amoureux
medieval town Obidos (UNESCO Heritage)
bullfighting on horseback