|Minimum Stay||2 - 3 nights|
WILLOW CREEK INN 1 - JUST MINUTES OFF PARKS HWY. HATCHER PASS RECREATIONAL AREA
* Come and get away from it all on this unique River Front Property ! Known for excellent Rainbow/ Steelhead trout fishing. WILLOW CREEK INN is located in the foothills of the Talkeetna Mountains in the beautiful Susitna Valley with many outdoor opportunities available close by. Ask owner about recommended local guides.
* The property is 27 acres of boreal forest with private river front. Built with vaulted ceilings, oak floors & large screened windows throughout & beautifully furnished. Sided on exterior with cedar. It sits 75 feet from the river with a beautiful view of the winding rapids.
* Willow Creek has several species of trout (rainbow/steelhead, arctic grayling) & is spawning ground for Silver & King Salmon. Also, home of River Otter. Larger mammal species in this area include Lynx, Moose, Brown & Black Bear. Fish for Salmon as close as the confluence of Willow & Deception Creeks. Many streams crossing the Parks Hwy nearby are popular fishing spots.
* Hatcher Pass & the Nancy Lake Rec. Area offer many hiking trails. Bring your camera!
* The town of Willow is centrally located to many popular & scenic places to visit (Hatcher Pass, Independence Mine, Nancy Lake Rec. Area, Matanuska Glacier, Denali National Park, Talkeetna). Willow is surrounded by the Talkeetna Mountains to the east & the Alaska Range to the west & north. Willow has many lakes & rivers. The Re-Start of the world famous IDITAROD TRAIL SLED DOG RACE is just 7 miles from rental on Willow Lake. Great viewing in the winter months of the NORTHERN LIGHTS(Aurora Borealis). Winter renters enjoy cross country skiing & snow-machining. The trail leading into Hatcher Pass is minutes away.
*Towns nearby include, Palmer, Wasilla, Big Lake, Meadow Lakes, Houston, Nancy Lake to the south. To the north are towns of Talkeetna, Sunshine, Trapper Creek & Denali.
Keywords: House on river, private, 27 acres, wooded,
Willow Creek Inn now has WiFi.
Just minutes off the Parks Hwy on paved, state maintained road, this is a beautiful and mountainous area. Home to many rivers, lakes and much wildlife. This 27 acres was purchased in 2005, knowing well it would be the perfect place for a wonderful vacation get-away because of the unique & wild beauty of the riverfront. Construction of Willow Creek Inn began in 2006 and was open for rental in 2007. People from all over the U.S. and the world have enjoyed this wonderful riverfront property.
Paul & Ginny purchased this house in 2005
This is gateway to Hatcher Pass State Recreational Area. WILLOW CREEK INN is centrally located to other areas popular with visitors. There's many things to do in Willow if you love the outdoors, love to fish or just enjoy scenic beauty & wildlife.
WILLOW CREEK INN is private. The river is 75 feet from the rental and the sound of the water is soothing. This river is not accessible for motorized boats, but a favorite for rafters & kayakers. Guests have spotted and/or photographed a variety of wildlife on the property. The river is accessible by foot. Great fly-fishing for rainbow/steelhead trout. There are gravel bars you can access for fishing & gold-panning. There's an eagle's nest on the property which eagles occupy during the summer months & raise their young. Willow has excellent fishing guides who will take you down the river in a raft. In the winter, snow-machiners use the 'old military trail' to gain access into Hatcher Pass. Winter renters also enjoy viewing the Northern Lights on cold clear nites in the Northern Sky.
We really enjoyed our stay a the cabin - it was clean, neat and very comfortable. The owners were extremely accommodating and quick to respond to our requests. I highly recommend this cabin for a getaway - we are planning to go back this summer!
We had a wonderful stay at Willow Creek Inn. Very clean, well accommodated, beautiful spot and the owners were very helpful. Will be back!
This is a awesome cabin, we all loved it and the owners where so nice.We plan on coming back next year and this is our first choice .
We stayed in this rental September 1st thru September 4th. It was a beautiful home by a gorgeous river. It has a sluice box and gold pans for those who wish to pan for gold. The house was well stocked with plenty of spices and coffee and all of the staples you would need. It also has a washer and Dryer which was a big plus. The house is also extremely clean, and well laid out.
We had a chance to visit with the owners a couple of times and they were extremely nice and helpful with tips on things to do and see in the area. We reall y enjoyed our stay here and it went by way to quick. Many thanks to Paul and Ginny for the lovely stay in their home!
The place is well located next to the river, you can slow down and enjoy the sound of water, the home is very clean and in a pefect condition. It has all you need, Paul and Ginny are extremely friendly and helpful. If we would have to rate the place and the people on a 10 star list, both would get 11!
We are grateful that we could spend a good time there!
Guenther + family
We had a wonderful getaway at this cabin. The beach is just by the cabin and gave our kids hours of fun and us hours of relaxation. The cabin was very well decorated and clean. The owners have put in alot of effort and care and it shows.
Hatcher Pass Recreational Area.
Northern Lights/Aurora Borealis viewing in winter months
Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race Re-Start on Willow Lake just miles from rental (month of March)
Gold Pans available at rental (Willow Creek is a Placer Stream)
No cleaning fee
No security deposit