1 Bedroom, 1.5 Baths, Sleeps 7
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
This was our first family trip by ourselves and it was perfect! The condo was a dream and absolutely adorable. The check-in process was simple and quick. We loved the fact that the building had two pools and it was so close to the beach and so close to the main attractions in town. We will be renting again!
Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience at Summit 828. Our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.
PCB Labor Day Weekend 2019
The property was nice and clean other than a hairball in the bathroom. One other issue we noticed as soon as we walked into the condo was a strange somewhat pungent odor. It was the washing machine. It has mildew on the rubber gasket between the glass/plastic on the door and when you wash a load of clothes, we almost had to leave the condo. The smell gets much worse when the washer is running and it is a pretty foul odor.
Will NOT be back
We decided to try PCB this year after many years of going to Destin. I will list my issues:
1. Condo was not clean. There was sand EVERYWHERE. I understand that it’s the beach and there will be sand, but it was like it hadn’t been swept.
2. Bed was hard as a ROCK. No give whatsoever when you even set down. We even left Friday night instead of Saturday morning due to this. We couldn’t bare one more night on that bed.
3. There was trash in the living room under the couch, behind the dresser in bedroom, and under the bed.
4. There was a lady who said she owned the cleaning company that cleaned the condo who came rushing through our door at 4:30 or later (check in was 4) and she was replacing the shower liner in our bathroom-the one on there previously has something brown all over it. The shower was very dark and dingy, i made my 4 and 6 year old shower all week instead of bath.
5. The rugs in the whole condo were DISGUSTING. The ones in the bathroom smelled like mildew and feet! It was so gross-I put a white bath towel over all of them the whole time we were there. The rugs in the LR and kitchen were soooo dirty. You could tell they used to be white but they were black with filth.
6. The balcony door didn’t lock. Thankfully my 4 and 6 year old mind well and didn’t bother the door—it’s a safety hazard for sure!
7. The beach was super trashy-trash and BEER cans everywhere. It was very sad. My kids would be playing in the sand and dig up cigarettes!!! Absolutely disgusting!
Overall we were NOT impressed and will for sure not be back to Summit. We may try the pier park end of town and hope the beaches are better! This was our first year there so we didn’t know which end was best.
Beautiful condo and a great location
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We would love to have you back!
Enjoyed our stay at this unit
Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience at Summit. Our staff will definitely be happy to read what you wrote. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.
Think twice before staying here
When we first arrived the building outside was really rundown, so i was a little skeptical of what our room would be like. The room wasn’t bad at first sight, but the pictures definitely made it look a lot nicer. We were all tired, as we had been traveling for 11 hours, and there were 3 kids with us, 1 young adult, and my sister and I. We checked out the beds to make sure no bed bugs before going to bed, and thankfully there weren’t, however what we found was just as bad. The twin bunk mattress looked like it had something spilt all over it, or vomit, not really sure what the huge brown stain was. But the worst part was in the soda mattress; when we pulled it out, the linens had NOT been changed. They were dirty, and had a NEEDLE cap on the bed, yes a needle cap. I was livid, and called after hours to address my concern. Although the after hours gentlemen was very nice, and said he would leave a voicemail and an email to appropriate party, they never contacted me back. I waited until Monday, then I emailed myself, just to get a response a couple days later saying they rc’d my email, and forwarded it to appropriate person. Still never heard back. I emailed AGAIN saying my concerns hadn’t been addressed, and once again, I got an email saying it had been forwarded. It’s been a week, and property manager has STILL not contacted me. When I was reviewing check out instructions, I read for the first time, about leaving armbands on counter, or there’d be a charge. First of all wth are we gonna use armbands for, secondly, half my party had already cut them off and thrown away. Why would I not be aware of this process BEFORE checking out? The only real good thing I can say about this place is the location, and the access to the beach; along with the pools, and onsite restaurant Bikini Bobs. The food was good, and reasonably priced, something I can’t say about the onsite mini store. I mean $3 for a small size of milk, and almost $6 for a scoop of ice cream. My overall stay would’ve been much better if we had been contacted about the concerns I made about the needle cap. That pretty much done me on for.