|Minimum Stay||2 nights|
Your booking will be backed by our Book with Confidence Guarantee when you complete your reservation online and finalise payment on HomeAway.Learn more
LIVING THE EXPERIENCE
Spectacular 140 m2 Penthouse apartment with stunning views over Paseo de la Castellana, with 3 bedrooms, which can accommodate up to 6 people. It is spacious and bright. It has a unique design, it´s cosy and it has all the comforts from home: air conditioning, heating, full kitchen, plasma TV 42 ', DVD, stereo, Nintendo Wii + Wii Sports, French pool table and with full integration of new technologies: high-speed Internet, Wi Fi, Apple TV.
The apartment has also a mini-gym area, a fitness mat for yoga or pilates and some exercise videos for you to keep in shape during your vacation or business trip.
For its exceptional location, it is very family-friendly and very appropriate for romantic couples, fine cuisine lovers, art and history lovers, for night adventurers, students, or as a base camp for business.
An alternative with advantages over a traditional hotel.
LIKE AT HOME
Designed by a prestigious Spanish decorator using furniture from Charles Eames and Le Corbusier, and elements of distinction as a French billiard table, it creates an atmosphere of style and glamor.
The large living room, very spacious and bright is composed of distinct areas.
The first is the "French area" which is the reception and were the French Billiards table is. There you can spend the evening playing a few games of pool with the family or friends and listening to good music with the stereo.
"FAMILY LIVING" is the meeting point of the room, with Le Corbusier sofas facing the plasma TV 42 'with DVD, Nintendo Wii and Apple TV.
At the end, there is the "Dining Area" with a design glass dining table and design chairs.
The living room also has a sitting area with a chaise lounge sofa from the renowned architect and designer Charles Eames.
The living room is covered in part with exquisite Italian wallpapers. In addition to the natural light, you can also modulate the lighting of the room to be indirect through lamps, to generate a very comfortable and intimate atmosphere.
In the kitchen, you'll find all the high-end appliances from Siemens. It is very spacious and has also a high round table with three stools for quick breakfasts or a small snack.
The master bedroom, with double bed has a large window with lots of light. The second bedroom also has a double bed and plenty of natural light too. The third room has two single beds. All rooms have their bedside tables and bedside lamps.
The main bathroom is a design bathroom with shower and hydromassage. The toilet also has a very nice design to it.
The apartment is equipped with the latest technology to make your stay more rewarding and intense: high-speed ADSL, Wi-Fi, Apple TV and an Apple Wireless Keyboard to enjoy the best contents and movies without leaving the apartment, or hear your music and watch your pictures on the TV directly from your iPhone or iPad.
A mini-gym with several dumbbells, a fitness ball, a Abdo Gain special for crunches, a Body Power for toning muscles and a mat for yoga, pilates or fitness, with special exercise videos so you do not stop doing sports during your stay in Madrid.
If you want to enjoy a luxurious and glamorous stay, in a nice and well connected area of Madrid, this is your apartment.
Furthermore, it is located in one of the many centers of Madrid. A short metro ride from the historic center, the apartment is a the top of Paseo de la Castellana, one of the most popular and most traditional streets of the city. The apartment is right where the imperial city meets with the new business center from Plaza Castilla and the new commercial towers.
Walking along la Castellana, which is divided into Paseo de la Castellana, Paseo de Recoletos and Paseo del Prado, we will see how the tradition coexists with current trends. From the impressive building of the National Library to the historical Cibeles, only ten minutes walk from the apartment, we arrive at the Santiago Bernabeu, the glorious Real Madrid stadium. Fashion galleries, restaurants for all tastes, outdoor terraces, typical "tapas" bars, the most exclusive nightlife spots, nineteenth century mansions, and modern skyscrapers. Passing through the famous Plaza Colon which gives us access to Serrano, Goya and Velazquez streets, which also have many luxury boutiques, affordable fashion shops, shopping centers, restaurants, bars, nightclubs, theaters, cinemas, etc. La Castellana never sleeps, especially where it meets Gran Vía. Although, if you wish for some peace you just have to walk a few minutes until you hit the gardens surrounding the Paseo del Prado, the Mile of Art, where the Prado Museum, the Thyssen-Bornemisza and the majestic Retiro Park are located.
The apartment area is constantly evolving, changing toward a modernist and futuristic style, many innovative restaurants are popping up around the area and just opposite the apartment is the Casa Nemesio Restaurant, famous for its high quality Galician seafood tapas bar and its rices. The Italian Restaurant House Mafia is just 100 meters away. In the same Plaza Castilla, 200 meters from the apartment, has just opened the big Mall Castellana 200, with many shops of all kinds, fashion, footwear, souvenirs as Zara, Mango, H & M, etc, and restaurants of all kinds, with an exclusive entertainment area. Right next to the shopping center Castellana 200, you will find the shop Sánchez Romero Carvajal, one of the world's best Iberian ham. At this gourmet deli you can buy and taste hundreds of Spanish products of all kinds, all of the highest quality.
Also, if you like football and want to see Real Madrid in their natural habitat, the Santiago Bernabeu, if you want to watch live the best players in the world, Cristiano Ronaldo, Xabi Alonso, Iker Casillas, Higuain, Sergio Ramos, Khedira, Özil, Benzema and Di Maria, and Mourinho moving the baton, you can access within minutes by subway from the apartment. Ask us for tickets, we can help you get them.
And of course it is very well connected with the metro station Plaza Castilla and its buses, from where you can reach every corner of the city. And 5 minutes away there is also a parking lot. And a few meters away the M30, the highway that goes round the city and connects easily with Madrids fair IFEMA and Barajas Airport.
Madrid, located geographically in the center of Spain, is famous for the hospitality of its people and for making visitors feel as if they were at home. With its privileged location, has quick connection to Portugal, Andalusia, Barcelona, Cantabria, Galicia.
For its capacity, the apartment is suitable for families, business groups or business executives, friends, diplomatic corps, or for Erasmus students studying at ESADE, EADA, IESE, IE, ESERP Esic, Icade, Deusto, German School, French School, British School and other schools, who need a temporary accommodation, and it can house several colleagues from the same university.
Our apartments are equipped to accommodate executives and multinational work teams. Internet connection, several rooms, separate bathrooms, spacious lounges, meeting table, everything you need for a comfortable stay combined with a work trip.
Children under the age of 15 years can be accommodated for free.
Baby cot on request: 30 EUR per stay
After you successfully submit your reservation request, you will receive an e-mail response from the home owner or property manager, within the next 24 hours. At this point, the full details of your confirmed reservation including the address of the property and the contact details of your local host will be shared with you through e-mail.
We hope you have a pleasant stay!
First a few good things.
1. Company is very responsive to emails , telephone calls etc .
2. Apartment is well decorated although couches are beginning to crack all over and will need to be redone or replaced.
3. The WiFi signal is strong and fairly fast
4. Kitchen is as described with high end appliances but tiny.
Now the Bad.
1. Apartment is advertised clearly to have 2 bathrooms each with toilet and shower. They have only 1 shower and a bath with toilet. They may change this because I told them on check in but I have a photo of the ad.
2. The bathroom with a shower is not ideal. The photo they use makes it look like a fun shower with multiple sprays. And in fact it does have that but there is no enclosure. Just a plastic curtain and if you try to use anything but the rain shower you will get water all over the floors. In addition the space to stand is tiny, not at all what you would expect from the photo. Also you have to guess what each nob is. Better to have some directions posted.
3. The pool table is worthless except for decoration. The hours that you are allowed to use it would be when most tourists are out in the city. It is hard for me to believe that construction is so bad that people next door can hear pool balls.
4. The ad refers to it as a Penthouse. It is definitely not. Definition of a Penthouse is the Top Floor . This apartment is not a Penthouse.
5. The Mini Gym is a joke. It is out on the balcony and has some old bar bells and a ancient step machine.
6. No instructions for the washer , dryer and in fact check in personnel did not even know if it was a dryer . Again instructions would be helpful.
7. They refer to many things that are 100 - 200 meters away when in fact they are usually 4-5 x that far.
8. Little things like only partial 1 roll of toilet paper in each bathroom. Really you have to look for a store for toilet paper when you are on vacation.
9. TV has limited stations especially in English and especially News etc. Not the feeling I got reading the Ad.
10. The set up of the apartment requires from 1 bedroom you must walk through the kitchen and then the living room to get to a shower. Not convenient to say the least. This is the problem with listing 2 complete bathrooms when there is only 1. I would have never rented it had I known.
I am sure this apartment will work for some but many will be misled by the beautiful descriptions most of which are at best inflated.
*Plus compulsory or optional charges based on actual occupancy or consumption. The payment has to be made in the currency offered by the property manager, before use of conversion tool. Payments in other currencies have to be negotiated beforehand with the property manager. The currency conversion tool is provided for your convenience only and is non-binding.