This is a nice 3 bedroom apartment, beautifully located in the typical district of Bica nice. The street is very central and indeed it is one of the most known and typical streets in Lisbon, Rua da Bica, which passes the famous Lift da Bica '. You will be in the true heart of Lisbon!
It is an apartment renovated in 2013, very comfortable on the 1st floor of an old building. There are 3 bedrooms, living room, kitchen and bathroom / WC. Up to 9 people can sleep in the rooms, and there is also a sofa bed in the lounge. The apartment is very well equipped for a comfortable stay, with everything you may need:
- Fully equipped kitchen with: washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, hob, electric oven, fridge with freezer, some basic products (salt, oil, etc.), toaster, kettle, coffee maker, machine Nespresso coffee, cooking utensils, iron and ironing board, etc.
- Towels and sheets for all guests, hairdryer.
- Electric heating in each bedroom and in the living room.
- Cable TV with international channels (included French), some books and games, radio / CD, connection for mp3 player, internet with Wi-Fi.
- Living room with 2 balconies, facing the street, with 2 sofas, dining table, chairs for 8 people, television.
- 1 bedroom with 3 single beds with windows that overlook a small patio.
- 1 interior bedroom with double bed and a small individual sofa bed
- 1 interior bedroom (passage) with double bed and a small single sofa-bed
- 1 bathroom / WC with bath / shower
- 1 interior patio where you can sit quietly
- 1st floor not high, with easy to climb stairs and very few steps.
OTHER RENTAL INFORMATION:
WHAT IS INCLUDED
- The linen is provided (towels, duvets, sheets, ...). We will prepare beds for the number of guests indicated in the reservation.
- There is no cleaning service. We leave a stock of some items like toilet paper or detergent, but when it's over it's up to you to take more.
- Power Limitations - Apartments in older buildings do not have a lot of electrical energy unless the building has been renovated very recently. If you turn on too many heaters or other high-powered electrical equipment at the same time (such as washing machine, hair dryer, toaster, etc.) the main breaker will trip. This is normal and all you have to do is go to the electrical panel and replace the main breaker.
- Help save electricity! Turn off heaters, television, lights, and other electrical equipment when you are outside the home. In winter, live like a local - do not overheat the house!
- Houses in Lisbon do not usually have central heating. We use electric or gas heaters. We do not heat our homes much in winter, unlike other northern countries, because most old buildings are not well insulated and gas and electricity are very expensive. For us, it's very strange to be in a t-shirt and shorts in the house in winter. We wear warmer clothes and heat just enough to be comfortable.
SILENCE SCHEDULE AND GOOD NEIGHBORHOOD
- You can stay in this apartment only if you are neighbors respectful.
- It is obligatory to respect the SCHEDULE OF SILENCE. By Portuguese law you can not make neighborhood noise from 23:00 to 08:00. During this period it is strictly forbidden to make noise in the building (stairs, apartment, balconies, windows). No music or high TV, heels, scream, laugh and talk very loud, etc. Be particularly careful by gently closing the door from the building's street and up the stairs when you come back late at night. Even outside this time you should always pay attention to the neighbors. Remember that the sound insulation in these old buildings is very poor. Please avoid loud noises at all times. Parties are strictly forbidden.
PENALTIES IN EXTREME SITUATIONS - Violations of "hours of silence" or other disrespectful behavior are very serious offenses in this community and are not tolerated. In extreme or persistent cases, this can lead to the eviction of the apartment without any refund. If there are justified complaints from neighbors, a fine of 200 € will be applied to the building maintenance fund, these are the rules of the owners of the building to which we must obey. In these extreme cases, we will not return your security deposit to offset this expense.
- Of course, this is not to worry about a normal life sound or innocent distraction. It is only serious disrespectful behavior.
- Always close the street door when entering or leaving the building.
- The apartment is on the first floor so the living room windows are close to the street level. Never leave windows open unattended. Close windows when you are outside and at night before going to bed to avoid burglars.
- Take the trash out, in a closed plastic bag. There are containers in the streets near the apartment. The bins are collected during the night.
- We are very flexible and will try to adapt to your arrival time. You can usually arrive from 11:30 to drop off your luggage and collect the keys. In any case, please note that the house may not be clean and ready before 3pm and 4pm and you should not stay there while cleaning. The only way to be sure of having the apartment ready early in the morning is to book the night before.
- We always try to arrive before you to the apartment and not to make you wait. But sometimes it's impossible, there are unforeseen or delays that are out of our control and we can not avoid. If that happens do not worry and thank you in advance for your understanding. No one has ever been left outside! :)
- For arrivals after 20:00, there is a "late arrival fee" of 10 € to be paid in cash to the person doing the check-in. For arrivals after 23:00 is 20 € and after 1:00 is 30 €.
- The latest possible to leave the apartment is at 11:00. From 11:00 the maids can arrive and enter the apartment. Sometimes it is possible to leave your luggage in the house until later. If you want to pack up the luggage until later than 11am, please check with us 1 or 2 days in advance.
- The apartment is on the first floor, no elevator like most old buildings in the center of Lisbon. Therefore, it is not suitable for wheelchair users or persons with reduced mobility.
- However there are very few steps, only 6 or 7
Most travelers here have not had any problems with street noise and neighbors. However, you should note the following:
- The sound insulation in these old buildings is very small compared to modern buildings. It is possible to hear the sounds of neighbors, especially the neighbors above.
- This is an apartment on the first floor in a lively area. You can hear people and the sounds of the street when you open the windows. Sometimes it can be a little noisy outside, especially on the weekends. There are noise insulating windows, so when you close them, it's quiet inside.
- Throughout the week of June 12th are the Feast of Saint Anthony in Lisbon. Each area of the historic center will be livelier than usual and here it is one of the noisiest areas until late at night, especially on June 12th. On June 12, this area will be very noisy at night with many people and music in the street. However with the windows of the living room closed the noise does not interfere.