Ryson Vacation Rentals
About Ryson Vacation Rentals
Ryson Vacation Rentals
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
Our Stay July 2019
This was a great house-Location was awesome and the neighborhood was safe. It fit the needs of our large family, lots of room and bathrooms. The kithchen and living room areas were wide open w space to spend quality time-Beach access was close and easily accessible. We had all the amenities to meet our needs and property management was attentive. They came out immediately and fixed one of the beds w out delay.
Thank you for your detailed 5-star review. Please keep us in mind for your next vacation. We hope to see you again!
The property was nice and updated.
We rented this property for a family beach vacation. As a family, we all enjoyed this property except for the little ant problem we had the first day of arrival.We reported the issue and management responded quickly to resolve the problem. We still found a few but we were ok to continue on with our vacation.
Got what I expected for the rate
Stayed for 4 nights at this beach house. Lot's to say that was positive: The house is very bright with natural light and good lighting at night. The multiple decks are great for sunsets. The home is new and all the appliances, plumbing etc was in good working order including a large-high end washer and dryer The thermostats and climate control worked great on some very hot humid Texas days. They let us bring our small dog (<35 lbs) and did not charge an exorbitant fee to do so.
Overall we enjoyed our stay, but I would look for another house if I return to Galveston. Here is why:
There were several things that were a drag (but that I knew going in, so my expectations were low)
1) The house is about a 4 minute walk from the bridge to cross the dune to the beach. Obviously, there is no direct unobstructed beach view, so this is not ideal, but given the rate charged, it was fair and expected when I read the description and mapped the address.
2)We had no access to the garage and only 4 parking spots, (2 of which were completely uncovered, and 2 of which were mostly uncovered. Given the house sleeps ~14, I think 6 parking spots is appropriate. Access to the garage for additional parking should be doable, in my opinion.
3) Only two house keys for a house that sleeps 14 is a real logistics problem.
4) No elevator on a 4 story structure is a drag. House is completely not accessible for any guest who is not able bodied. My friends Galveston beach house has an elevator which is at the very least, good for taking luggage and groceries up stairs.
My biggest complaints that I did NOT expect:
1) Ants everywhere. The ant problem needs to be addressed (It was otherwise clean when we checked in)
2) The house is new, but has a lot of cheap characteristics. Holes in walls (from items hung poorly that have fallen off the wall), utility room door is off the lower hinges, the air filter is old, and has fallen into the intake duct, window broken on the top floor, window laminate peeling off on multiple windows facing east, and multiple ubiquitous wall scratches, dents, etc. The house needs a handyman to come and fix these minor things periodically. Other things like the main room television cords being exposed and not managed in a aesthetic fashion, the lack of valences on the window treatments, just screams "finished this project as fast as possible"
3) top floor bedroom not really a bedroom and the futons are to uncomfortable to sleep on in
Nice but deceiving
The house is a block away from the beach. Not a street away like it appears. They make you go downtown to a office to get and drop off the keys( its new age, get electronic lock, a lockbox or something to be more convenient!!!). The house itself is nice and updated.