About the property
- House1856 sqft
- Separate WC's1
- Minimum Stay1 - 6 nights
3 Bedroom, 2.5 Bathroom, Sleeps 10
MOONRAKER MOUNTAIN MOKKI (Finnish for cabin)
You may never want to leave the forest trails or welcoming contemporary cabin! What views!
- The wood burning fireplace, outdoor 5 person hot tub, indoor jacuzzi, in floor heating, and cozy media room await you at home.
- Sleep up to 10 guests in 5 private sleeping areas.
- 100 km of trails!
- Nearby corner store, 2 km
- Experience world class snowmobiling nearby with ample parking for trailers.
- Downhill skiing at Kicking Horse 25 minute away
Custom built with modern architecture, this three story hideaway is pure magic.
- Upstairs (320 sq. ft.), is the master suite with its large soaker tub and larger views. An open loft bedroom with privacy curtain completes the upper floor.
- Main Floor (600 sq. ft.), two-storey windows let in natural light to the kitchen and living room. There, you will find a king size fold-out and nearby half bath. The eating area opens onto a 500 ft covered deck perfect for morning coffee and deer watching. *Kitchen tools, dishes, and cooking basics are available.
- Downstairs (450 sq. ft.), enjoy the the media room with its 400 inch projection screen for movies and gaming (DVD's and PS3 available). Pull out the queen sectional and you don't even have to get up to go to bed. The second private bedroom, full bathroom and laundry facilities round out the space.
- Outside, you will find locked storage for your bikes or skis and a cozy six person hot tub. The yard provides ample space to park and turn sled trailers.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within one hour
- Calendar last updated:
- May 21, 2018
About Claire Lefrancois
We are Claire and Matt. Having three grown children, we wanted a special place to come together and eventually retire. Golden, BC is that magical place, and Moonraker Mountain provides us with easy access to the activities we love: biking, hiking, skiing, snowmobiling, climbing, canoeing, fishing, swimming, white water rafting, paragliding... you name it!
Claire Lefrancois purchased this House in 2016
Why Claire Lefrancois chose Golden
Our family has camped within the Moonraker Trail system for years. Being able to experience the drama of Canyon Creek, the amazing wildlife, quiet forest trails, biking, swimming, fishing, and cross country skiing RIGHT FROM THE DOOR made this property too good to pass up. And now that we have fallen in love with the house, we have revamped our original plan to sever and sell it from the 120 acres. It truly is a destination in itself.
What makes this House unique
You have a beautiful, modern house in which to relax. You have space to play and NO fear of getting lost because our 120 acres is part of the Trailforks App system available on the Golden Cycling Club website. With this App, you can always see where you are on the land and how to get back to the house. Follow any trail your heart desires, and know you will always make it home.You can even follow that deer off the trail and still find your way back to a trail. It is one of the greatest outdoor tools ever!
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Awesome and quiet stay!
Hi, we have absolutely nothing to say but good words for our 3 nights stay at this clean and fully stocked property. Located in a quiet neighborhood while not being too secluded, with lots of room to walk on the acreage and direct access to the hiking / biking trails directly against the property line. Very confortable with the heated floors, cozy place and a nice blend of modern type and cabin type living. What more could you ask for! Definitely recommends.
To be part of your special get away for two brings a smile to my heart! Thank-you for your great communication and the respect with which you showed our home. Pleas return any time!
Great piece of property, clean, well furnished and equipped and fairly short drive to KH.
Owners are very responsive, very nice place, comfortable, clean, radiant floors feel good on the feet, kitchen is well equipped, views out the back are beautiful, pretty much everything you could ask for in a vacation rental.
Being a part of bringing family and friends together is the best feeling ever. Jim and his family were thoughtful, respectful guests. Thank you for letting us know how your stay was going and making Golden your special holiday destination! You are welcome any time!
Golden is the hub of all that makes the mountains so hard to leave. From Moonraker Mountain Mokki, you can experience the greatest calm to the most electrifying adventures. The Trails: The Golden Cycling Club's (GCC) Gudjonson Trailhead which leaves from our yard, connects you to over 100 km of trails. A 1.5 km trail climbs to the spectacular 200m gorge overlooking Canyon Creek. There are also old road beds on the mountain for access that is not as steep. Have no fear of getting lost because the Golden Cycling Club has a map app available to show you exactly where you are! Skiing and Snowmobiling: Kicking Horse Resort, rated N°7 best ski resort in Canada, is a 25 minute drive through Golden and up the mountain. At its doorstep, the Golden Nordic Ski Club grooms 33 km of skate and classic cross country trails. Back country skiers will also appreciate the variety terrain nearby. Snowmobilers can find groomed, low elevation trails or hardcore back country. Rent sleds or bring your own, and be sure to check out the local tour operators if you want some guidance. Paragliding, horseback riding and shuttle service up Mount 7 are steps away from the house. Whitewater rafting, back country ATV, golf, fishing, kayak/paddle board rentals, sky diving, ice/rock climbing, and walking with wolves are also possible in Golden. It's a great place to cross off many of those bucket list dreams! Check out one of the best tourism sites ever; guides, maps, plans, and contacts for every possible adventure at Golden Tourism/Plan Your Trip.