Charming family house dating from 1901, in typical Cantal style, stone with slate roof. The house, completely renovated in 2013, has a veranda overlooking a fabulous enclosed orchard of 1500 m²!
The house is located in the relaxing village of Montruc, in the heart of the countryside and farm animals, near the gorges of the Dordogne and volcanoes. Ideal to enjoy nature with your family!
Shops in the town of Champagnac are within walking distance.
Description of the accommodation:
The house, decorated in a spirit both contemporary and vintage with period furniture, has all the modern comforts:
- a dining room with a dining table for 6 and a TV corner
- a kitchen open to the dining room, fully equipped with many cupboards: dishwasher, oven, 4 ceramic hob, extractor hood, fridge with freezer, microwave, kettle, coffee maker espresso and filter coffee maker,
- a living room with sofas and armchairs for 6 people, coffee table, television and Hifi, adjoining a veranda,
- a veranda with summer lounge including a sofa and two armchairs, a coffee table, a library (books for adults and children, guides on the region and board games), and sink, overlooking the huge orchard 1500 m² fruit tree with views of Puy-de-Sancy and garden equipment,
- 2 adults bedrooms each with a double bed and a large wardrobe
- a children's room with a single bed, a storage locker, children's books and toys
- a second child's bedroom with a pull-out bed with two single beds, a storage locker, children's books and toys
- a shower room, with walk-in shower, a vanity unit with backlit mirror and a washing machine,
- a separate toilet
The land of the house is closed and has many outdoor amenities: 1 antique ironwork table with 3 chairs, 1 garden table for 6 people with 6 chairs, 1 bench for 3 people, 2 chairs, 1 barbecue, 1 slide for baby, 1 rocking swing for baby, 1 set of rackets and 1 game of petanque child.
Possibility to park in the garden.
Free loan on request: cot and high chair.
Exchanges with travelers: Numerous documentation on site, books, flyers, ... and we will be happy to inform our guests.
The localisation :
Montruc is a small hamlet typical of the Cantal, only 500m from the village of Champagnac, and ideally located between Cantal, Corrèze and Puy de Dôme. The youngest will be happy to admire farm animals and farm machinery: hens, geese, turkeys, sheep, cows, donkeys and horses.
Very many family activities and varied are proposed locally: fishing, horse, bicycle, swimming pool, lake, tree climbing, etc.
Numerous regional markets, garage sales, village festivals and outdoor attractions are also organized in July and August.
The house is, among others, close to the towns of:
- Champagnac (500 meters): shops (including grocery store) and museum of the Champagnac mine,
- Ydes (4 km): shops (including supermarket), restaurants, bars, butterfly museum, educational farm, large children's playground with green cycle path (on-site rental of bicycles, rollerblades and scooters),
- Saignes (6 km): shops, restaurants, bars, outdoor swimming pool,
- Bort-les-Orgues (12 km): shops (including supermarkets), restaurants, bars, tourist site Rock Organs, water dam Bort, lake with beach, nautical base, tree climbing, castle Val, center outdoor water slide with toboggans Aubazines,
- Mauriac (25 km): shops (including supermarkets), restaurants, bars, nautical base with lake and beach, children's games and outdoor adventure games, indoor aquatic center.
- Neuvic (15 km): famous lake for fishing, honey,
- Antignac (8 km): equestrian center.