For weddings, please see the conditions at the bottom of this page.
Set in the heart of the wonderful Chianti region, this fabulous 8BD - 8BA villa dates back to the XVI century and is strategically located to easily access Florence, as well as all of Tuscany’s major places of interest. Surrounded by a beautiful garden, the villa is nested within a striking (68 acres) estate and boasts unobstructed views on the typical Chianti hills, dotted with perfectly kept vineyards and olive groves.
The estate offers its guests a truly unique blend of indoor and outdoor living, providing the perfect setting to enjoy an unforgettable holiday with family & friends and caters to those who are ready to mix relaxing time into the exploration of the most wonderful places in Tuscany!
*** The property video (made in July 2017) can be viewed directly on this page or at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW7f7KzhR0U***
About the Property.
The Villa showcases extraordinary historical architecture made up of ashlar stones (that frame the grand entrance) and is notably mentioned in the book “Le Ville di Firenze” - Florence Villas. The arched entrance leads into the immaculately kept private courtyard, that comes with a full set of outdoor furniture, perfect to relax after a busy day touring the area.
The inside of the villa is made up of stone jambs that enrich the doors, while the vaulted bedrooms create a comfortable yet pristine atmosphere. Within the estate, there is also an antique private chapel: its interiors feature vaulted ceiling decorated with a beautiful painting of the Virgin Mary in the center.
After a complete renovation phase that lasted several years, where all of the original charm and architectural features were strictly maintained, the villa’s interiors have recently been meticulously upgraded to the highest standards.
The thorough attention to details, from the careful selection of the materials used, to the exquisitely appointed furniture and the selection of art hanging on the walls, has contributed into creating a truly unique space that perfectly blends with the villa’s original structure.
Spreading over a surface of more than 7,000 square feet, with its 8 wonderfully decorated bedrooms (all air conditioned), the property offers the ultimate accommodation for your dream luxury Italian holiday!
The owners take care of the production of delicious wines, olive oil, honey, and Vin Santo (dessert wine) directly within the estate, which can all be tasted at anytime… As an introduction to the Family’s winemaking activity, all guests are offered a free wine tasting and visit of the main aging cellar.
The property is located nearby the village of Tavarnelle Val di Pesa, in the heart of the Chianti countryside, with easy access to all of the area’s major cultural and artistic towns such as Florence, San Gimignano, Siena, Monteriggioni, Volterra, Certaldo, etc..
There are many charming restaurants surrounding the area, in addition to a range of local delicacies, crafts, and jewelry shops.
Located just 17 miles (about 25 minutes by car) from the heart of Florence, guests are easily able to explore all of the city’s fabulous treasures and attractions…same thing for the city of Siena, which is just 30 miles (45 minutes car ride) away.
The villa spreads over 2 floors, with 8 bedrooms and 8 bathrooms, and can comfortably accommodate up to 16 guests.
- Spacious, fully equipped kitchen with wooden table seating up to 16 guests;
- Living room with fireplace and French doors opening onto a large terrace, with wonderful views of the typical Tuscan landscape;
- Bedroom 1, with King bed (that can be split into 2 twins upon demand) and attached bathroom (with shower);
- Bedroom 2, with Queen bed and attached bathroom 2 (with shower);
- Large terrace, fully furnished with a dining table, comfortable sofas and umbrella;
- Fully furnished courtyard, with sofas
- Living room with TV;
- Bedroom 3, with Queen bed and en-suite bathroom (with shower);
- Bedroom 4, with Queen bed and en-suite bathroom (with shower);
- Bedroom 5, with two twin beds and en-suite bathroom (with shower);
- Bedroom 6, with Queen bed and en-suite bathroom (with shower);
- Bedroom 7, with Queen bed and en-suite bathroom (with shower);
- Bedroom 8 (Master bedroom), with King bed and en-suite bathroom (tub + shower head);
- Office Room;
- Kitchen, ideal for the preparation of morning breakfast;
- Covered loggia (balcony) with table and furniture (sofas), directly connected to the kitchen.
- Changing room;
- Fully equipped pool area with several lounges, umbrellas, tables;
- BBQ area
- BBQ facilities;
- Private pool;
- Pets are allowed (upon request). Charges may apply;
- Wi-fi internet;
- Fully equipped kitchen;
- Satellite Tv;
- Wine/olive oil tasting
Places to Visit in the Area.
Tavarnelle Val di Pesa (7 miles away from the villa): Halfway between Florence and Siena on the green hills of Chianti, it is one of the most historical places in Tuscany. The town has been able to preserve its natural beauty throughout the centuries, surrounded by nature, achieving a balanced development through a knowledgeable use of local resources and its patrimony of unique sceneries, architecture, art and culture that make up the perfect combination for a unique holiday in Italy.
Florence (17 miles away): The city lays on the banks of the Arno River and is worldwide known for its history and the importance it gained during the Middle Age as well as during the Renaissance period. The capital of Italy’s Tuscany region, Florence is home to many masterpieces of Renaissance art and architecture. One of its most iconic sights is the Duomo, a cathedral with a terracotta-tiled dome engineered by Brunelleschi and a bell tower by Giotto. The Galleria dell'Accademia displays Michelangelo’s “David” sculpture. The Uffizi Gallery exhibits Botticelli’s “The Birth of Venus” and da Vinci’s “Annunciation.”
Siena (30 miles away): Surrounded by olive groves and the vineyards of Chianti, Siena is one of the most beautiful cities in Tuscany. Set on the top of three hills, the city is crossed by large alleys and narrow streets. In the heart of the city stands Piazza del Campo, the most famous square in the world for the "Palio", the historical horse race that takes place twice a year on the 2nd of July and the 16th of August. The Duomo and Santa Maria della Scala are additional cultural landmarks for visitors. Few other geographical areas in the world can compete with Siena for the unique environment surrounding the town.
San Gimignano (16 miles away): The towered city is considered a jewel of the medieval architecture in Italy. For this reason it was placed on the UNESCO World Heritage Sites List back in 1990. The ancient township, erected on a natural highland, appears today nested within high defensive walls and a distinguishing place thanks to the numerous towers which make the medieval town's skyline completely unique. San Gimignano gets credit for having been able to maintain these typical medieval elements; the high defensive towers erected by aristocratic families, and untouched over the centuries. This is a great fortune for San Gimignano, as many other Italian cities got their walls destroyed or replaced by more recent constructions throughout the centuries.
**“City Tax” of € 1.50 per person per night applicable for a maximum of 7 nights during the period of March 1st to October 31st, is to be paid upon arrival as per the city's regulatory rules (kids under 14 are exempt).**
**Conditions to hold weddings at the property**
- The minimum chargeable rate during the high season (Early May-Mid October) would be for 7 nights. The usual minimum stay is 7 nights Saturday to Saturday, exceptions can be made to allow a shorter stay but the rate will remain for a 7 night stay.
- The hiring of the villa’s preferred wedding planner is mandatory.
- A wedding/event fee, for the permission to hold the wedding at the property with non-villa residents attending, would apply extra (the amount varies according to the final number of guests). The maximum number of guests allowed for any event on the property is 25 people.