About the property
- Apartment1119 sq. ft.
- Separate WC's0
- Minimum Stay6 nights
Stunning features, amazingly spacious 2 bed (104m2) in the perfect location.
An entrance hallway leads off into two bedrooms left and right before opening out into the large, stylish open plan living/dining room.
The apartment is decorated beautifully in a modern style that pays compliment to traditional Provençal style while giving it a contemporary edge.
This room is spacious and open plan encompassing a comfortable seating area with 2 large leather sofas, a 42' HDMI LCD flat TV and HD DVD player with home cinema surround sound. A steel breakfast bar complements a large gas fired stove and there is a dining table that seats 8 diners with ease.
The kitchen is off the living area and is fully equipped. Included are dishwasher, washing machine, fridge freezer, microwave, toaster and electric kettle along with all the utensils, crockery, and glassware you could ever need.
This en suite bedroom is home to a king sized bed. The en suite bathroom includes a claw footed cast iron bath, heated towel rails and a large shower.
Another king size bedroom with shower and vanity facilities. This room is beautifully furnished and designed for home from home comfort.
NB ADDITIONAL CHARGES;
There is an additional CLEANING AND UTILITY fee of €100 euros payable UPON ARRIVAL to my Property Manager will meet and greet you.
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few hours
- English, French
- Calendar last updated:
- May 25, 2018
About Thady Nolan
Born in Ireland some generations ago, I moved to Nice as a computer engineer in April, 2002. Being a convivial barfly by night, I observed the Nice night life and quickly realised that something was lacking: A fully fledged Irish bar, without the clichés, but with wide screens for all sports fanatics, live music and a real Sunday roast on the menu. A good catholic boy, I decided to call the bar after my 'Ma' back home and the first Ma Nolan's opened in Vieux Nice in mid 2005.
Thady Nolan purchased this Apartment in 2005
Why Thady Nolan chose Nice
I looked for an apartment to buy for a long time before finding this one. I fell in love with it straight away. It has some really beautiful features, being renovated and restored lovingly by two interior designers. The wooden floors, soft paint colours on the walls, master bedroom leading through to a quirky en suite with stand alone cast iron bath, imposing living/ dining space with high ceilings complete with contemporary girders and a full range oven. It was the place for me. My future wife and I moved in and spent a wonderfully happy year there before she fell pregnant and demanded we move to a property without stairs! It still hurts... I'd planned to live there for a lot longer than I did, but 3 kids later I think we did the right thing to look for somewhere with more bedrooms!
What makes this Apartment unique
Practicalities - we have both air conditioning and double glazed windows (unheard of in a lot of old town properties) but a necessity as the apartment is always quiet and cool even though the city buzzes till dawn in the summer months. We are in the middle of everything the city has to offer and a short walk to the train station for access to neighbouring sights. Because this apartment was our home, it is comfortable as well as practical and you can settle into it as much as you would like to when away from home. Take a bath, put your feet up, stay in contact with your friends, we have wifi, or chill in front of our sky tv channels between day trips and evening meals.
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 11:00 AM
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. You must contact the owner directly to request cancellation.
Recharged the batteries!
Great apartment in a wonderful location. Good soundproof walls, even if in busy and noisy Old Town we didn't have any problem sleeping or with noise! The apartment itself was spacious, clean, comfortable, and had all the necessary essentials for a pleasant stay. Great hosts, would highly recommend and stay again.
Beautiful apt right in central Nice. Very clean and comfortable - rooms were nicely decorated and spacious. It was nice being part of Nice and the french culture in this apartment. Would certainly consider staying here again.
Romantic trip in Nice, France
My wife and I spent 5 delightful days in this beautiful apartment right in the heart of the Old Town of Nice. The space is very bright and cosy and we felt so at ease from the beginning we could easily picture ourselves living there. It made it even harder to leave on our last day, but hopefully we'll come back soon and enjoy the beautiful Nice even more !!
In love with Nice and this apartment
Third visit in Nice and this time around felt even more special thanks to this apartment and its extremely welcoming and helpful hosts! Very clean, beautifully furnished and a pleasure to cook dinner in and observe the daily busy streets of the Old Town, it felt like a truly french experience and I think I found my home while staying in Nice, will definitely book again. I absolutelly recommend it.
Location, location, location!
We had a great time during our week visit in Nice and a lot of it had to do with the location. We traveled with our two boys, 7 & 4 years old, and the location made traveling with them easy.
Easy access to many things:
- There's a small market right down the alley where we bought the essentials like water, snacks, and fruit
- Every morning we went around the corner for fresh warm chocolate croissants and coffee
- Ate at amazing restaurants within a block of the apartment every day and even went to the pizza takeaway place down the alley and ate at home
- We scooted all around the old town in the mornings before the city started getting busy
- Short scoot/walk to the beach
- Short scoot/walk to Castle Hill
For the apartment itself:
- The shower in the master has amazing water pressure and the bathtub was perfect for the boys
- The main living room is open and airy with great light, it helps that the place has tall ceilings and is on the top floor so you get more sun
- Stairs are manageable even for the little ones, but expect a little heart cardio when walking up
- It's an old building and apartment so expect everything that comes with that, but I was happy with the level of cleanliness, floors were clean and even the common stairs area were mopped during our stay there
- I do want to point out there's only one toilet separate from the bathrooms, it wasn't a problem
- The master bedroom faces the alley, so you do hear all the commotion outside and also the early morning garbage pickup, but we actually prefer city noises, so this wasn't a problem and the windows are of good quality, so it reduced the noise level
- The kitchen is ok (we didn't cook), but we used their glasses and plates.
Brooke was very friendly at check-in!
Thanks for a great week in Nice. :) - Lizzie
Fantastic Apartment in a fantastic location
Great apartment and our hosts, Barry and Brooke, could not have been more helpful.