(1) AIRPORT TRANSFERS.
(2) HIGH-SPEED WiFi via 2 DEDICATED FIBRA-OPTIC-served Modems COVERING THE WHOLE VILLA!
(3) GENEROUS WELCOME FOOD & BEVERAGE PACKAGE!
(4) DAILY HOUSEKEEPING! (6 DAYS/WEEK)
(5) BOTTLED DRINKING WATER!
(6) PAPER PRODUCTS: T.P., KLEENEX, KITCHEN ROLLS!
Casa Alma is perfectly located In the exclusive Gated Community of Playacar Phase 1 within 200 yards of the beach and a 5 minute walk to "La Quinta" (5th Avenue).
Whether you seek relaxation or action, Casa Alma will serve as your haven or springboard! The route to town is via pretty Mayan Ruins (see our video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k404XoESBGI taken by “drone” of our location). We can accommodate 10-12 people in 5 Bedrooms, all with luxury en-suite Bathrooms. Come, chill and be pampered!
Casa Alma's minimalist architectural style and decor is simple and calming; no fuss. But the villa is loaded in a different way; with spaces inside and out to provide alternative places to chill out when sunbathing on the Solarium, reading a book on one of the terraces, watching a movie or gathering around the central kitchen table to play and eat! And the bedrooms with their en-suite bathrooms are super-luxurious, fully equipped and softened with lovely towels and shampoos/liquid soaps. Bottled water is provided and a Welcome food and beverage Package to get you started.
Casa Alma’s Highlights:
1) Location in the private gated, beachside community of Playacar Phase 1, conveniently situated yet in a quiet location away from the hustle and bustle.
2) Personal Service and Pampering! We are unique in Playacar Phase 1 in that we do not use a property manager or agency staff. Our housekeeper, Sara, has been with us for over 11 years and is part of the family and completely trustworthy. Sara provides maid service, 6 days/week for your carefree relaxing stay. Sara ensures that supplies of towels, paper products, fresh drinking water, etc., are all available. And Carlos provides our pool-cleaning service. Come and be pampered!
You will be welcomed at the villa and shown around and have the opportunity to ask your initial questions. During your stay, you will have access to us via text and we will be available to come to deal with anything that arises. We stock the fridge and fruit bowl with essential groceries and drinks but, if you wish (at net cost), we can provide your groceries to order for your arrival. Chef services are also available on request.
3) Spectacular Caribbean Sea views from the First Floor, Studio and Solarium.
4) Private lap pool: with terrace on the Ground Floor.
5) Accommodation: Spacious Family Room on the Ground Floor with super fully-equipped modern Kitchen, Bar, Dining and Lounge with TV. Separate TV salon on the First Floor. External terraces on the First, Second and Solarium levels.
6) 5 Bedrooms: for a maximum of 12 people (a mix of adults/children). At a pinch, an extra person can use the full-size single, day-bed in the 1st Floor TV salon. And a single inflatable bed is also available.
7) Luxury Specifications: Casa Alma is the 4th house built in Playacar Phase 1 by the Owner, to the highest specifications. From the luxury mattresses and bed linens, fitted closets, clean high-ceiling spaces all in a beautiful neutral colour scheme to complement the ultra-modern, design. Marble floors grace the interiors, throughout and protection is provided by hurricane resistant windows and all concrete construction.
8) Kitchen: Chef's Kitchen with “Teka” and "Whirlpool" appliances and Silestone counters; built-in fitted cabinets with auto-closing drawers; dishwasher, every small electrical appliance, wine fridge.
9) Technical stuff: High speed WiFi (FIBRA-OPTIC) seved by two separate dedicated modems, one on the Ground Floor, the other in the 2nd Floor Studio, for full-home coverage including terraces! The city water in Playa is very hard but we have a water-softening plant that serves the whole villa and a hot water circulating system to ensure immediate hot wáter everywhere. We have a/c units in all bedrooms and living areas, plus ceiling fans and all bathrooms have ceiling fans.
We are very well located within a very short walk of Mayan Ruins, the ferry to Cozumel and Playa's town with it's famous "La Quinta", (Fifth Avenue), lovely Mexican artisanal stores and modern international designer stores, bars and restaurants galore! A short walk away is Starbucks and a delightful small French cafe, "Cafe Antoinette", where you can get breakfast omelettes, pastries, baguettes, great coffee etc. The community tennis court is also just a 5 minute walk away and access is free to residents in Casa Alma.
A car is not necessary here. Walking is an easy way to get around because of Casa Alma's great location, but if you want to explore, bikes or scooters are available to rent and taxis abound within a 5 minute walk or on-call. Car rental agencies are also plentiful in Playa if you need to get away for the day.
'Playa' as Playa del Carmen is known, locally, has almost unlimited attractions: something for everyone! You'll run out of time here before you run out of things to do - if that's your inclination. But you can also just 'be', chill out, relax and enjoy the villa's quiet spaces or the beach, so close to the villa. For the active, Playa's surroundings offer a multitude of attractions, activities and water sports galore! Don't miss our family's favourites: Xel-Ha, Xcaret and Xplor! A day spent in either of these nearby water-parks includes multiple activities plus great eating in excellent-quality restaurants for outstanding vacation memories.
For local Playa restaurants, don't miss our favourites for great food at reasonable prices: Don Mario's (walk-to), Rolandi's (walk-to), Las Tapas (walk-to), Sofia (walk-to), Art Hummus (walk-to), Carboncitos (walk-to), Como Como, Chez Celine, Muelle, Elemento, Las Tostadas, Cueva del Chango, H.C. Monterrey (walk-to) and the Ah Cacao Mayan chocolate coffee shops. Our local equivalent to Starbucks, (of which there are also many); one within a 5 min walk of the villa.
If you like to fish, you can fish (early or late in the day) right off our local beach or for greater opportunities, local fishermen will pick you up on the beach near the villa, take you into the deep blue and bring you back with your next meal!
We could go on, but prefer to respond to specific questions that are more relevant to particular travellers' needs. So please ask! And please note that Casa Alma is not a typical rental property because we live here year-round and always spend more time here than guests who rent the property. When Casa Alma is rented, we live locally, on hand to provide an information resource and available for managing the property.