1 Bedroom, 1.5 Bath, Sleeps 2
- English, German, Dutch
100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
Location amazing, cabin a wee bit rustic.
If your short, acrobatic and fine with a wickedly firm mattress your golden. However, the location was amazing!
Cozy and Authentic
As other reviews have stated, this is absolutely a lovers nest. Low ceilings (my boyfriend and I are both 5'7" and felt comfortable but wary) and tight quarters. The steps down to the cabin our steep - it's a ladder - and you will need to hop up to get in the toilet. If you have any mobility issues this IS NOT for you. With that said... it was an authentic Amsterdam boat house experience. Quite neighborhood (10 min walk to the closest tram stop) and magically little boat experience.
We had read the reviews by people who stayed here, so we were quite prepared. Loved it!
It was the perfect Amsterdam/canal experience for us. We’ve been to the city before, and wanted a unique and quintessential visit this time. It’s somewhat tight quarters, but we were prepared for that, and it was all fine. Bed was great. Shower was strong with quick hot water. Commode was 3 feet off the ground, which was a bit challenging for my 5’1” self, but it all worked. If I had to suggest something, I’d say to add a small step stool for convenience!
Roni and her brother, Livio, were very welcoming and responsive. We didn’t have any issues that needed attention, but I’m sure they would have been right there to handle them.
Another suggestion: I would have loved a little history of that actual boat, just for my own curiosity.
Thank you so much for a really special experience!!!!
couldn't do much better for location. It's basically a nice bed and shower. The manager didn't meet us at the agreed-on time, which was a problem as we had limited time and things to do after arrival - not optimal. The wifi only works in the pilot house, not in the rest of the boat... but the location, shower, and bed were find.
Lovely property, ideal location. The house boat was very warm & comfortable. Coffee machine wasn’t great but was easily sorted by buying a jar of instant which did for the few days. The shower was brilliant, lovely & hot & very powerful , the loo I think would be greatly improved by putting in a small step as it’s quite high of the ground. Apart from that we had a great time in Amsterdam & I think we’ll definitely be back.
Thank you for staying. That’s a great idea. I will put a little step in the toilet!
Quaint boat house lodging
I really enjoyed my experience staying on the houseboat. I would recommend this lodging to most travelers. There are a few points that need to be considered for people staying on the boat.
1. If you are elderly or have a limited mobility this place is probably not for you as you have to climb down stairs and up into the sleeping area.
2. If you are over 6'ft you might not want to stay here as you will have to dunk the majority of the time you are below deck.
3. The heating for the boat is done through space heaters so it could be a little chilly in the middle of winter.
1. You cannot ask for a better location in Amsterdam. I felt so lucky to be able to stay in the Jordaan area. Walking to shops, coffeeshops, and the red light district is very easy.
2. It is a really quaint lodging for travelers who want something different from the usual hotel experience. My girlfriend and I really enjoyed the 4 nights we spent there.
3. I slept really well being on the water and waking up to boat tours going past really made for a magical experience.
I would recommend this accommodation to younger travelers and for couples who are traveling without a lot of luggage.
Anna Frank house within 10 min walking
9 streets within 10 min walking