About the property
- Separate WC's0
- Minimum Stay1 - 7 nights
Sleeps: 4 + 2. Bedrooms: 2. Bathrooms: 2
- The INSURANCE TO COVER CANCELLATION penalties (from the time of the reservation to the beginning of the stay) will be INCLUDED IN THE FINAL PRICE;
- Our STAFF will be at your complete disposal for ensuring you a care-free holiday;
- Our BOOKING OFFICE OPEN 7/7 with MULTI-LANGUAGES TRAVEL SPECIALISTS, with perfect knowledge of the villas and their location;
- 7/7 days PERSONAL CUSTOMER SERVICE and SUPPORT CENTRE AT DISPOSAL BEFORE AND DURING YOUR STAY;
- PROFESSIONAL CONTROLLERS who PERIODICALLY CHECK THE VILLAS and ensure the quality standards;
- CUSTOMIZE YOUR HOLIDAY with OUR ADDITIONAL SERVICES (such as IN HOUSE CHEF, PRIVATE TRANSFER, CAR RENTAL and much more). All our services are supplied by PROFESSIONAL and CERTIFIED COMPANIES;
PRIVATE STRUCTURE. Outstanding scenery of unspoilt nature frames Fienile I Boschi, situated on fertile ground in the countryside of the ValdiSieve, a valley not far from the city of Florence that unfolds along the river of the same name, up to the border with Mugello, and characterized by numerous protected areas and nature reserves. This old ruin, once used as a barn, has been restored with great skill, in keeping with the original design and retaining some of the characteristic structural elements, such as the ventilation grilles in the large bedroom windows, and is now a cosy and exclusive country retreat, simply furnished and equipped with every comfort. The restoration, produced according to sostainable principles, was carried out with the use of materials and innovative plants which guarantee full security and complete energetic efficiency of the structures. Thanks to its geographical location, just minutes from the village of Rufina, it offers a varied range of opportunities to satisfy every need of the guests who, besides the complete relaxation guaranteed by the surroundings, can alternate excursions to the art cities of the region, such as Florence and Siena, or to the borghi of San Gimignano and the Chianti area, like Greve and Radda. Particularly fascinating is the exploration of the picturesque Chianti Rufina e Pomino wine route that winds between farm estates, famous in the world, where you can taste the excellent wine production, and numerous examples of historic and artistic architecture, like castles and churches, testimony to an old evocative past.
The house has three floors. The main entrance on the ground floor leads directly into the living room with sitting area (with double divan bed) and dining area and then on to the fully equipped kitchen with a barbecue fireplace. Both rooms have French windows opening onto the terrace and the portico with dining area. The ground floor is completed by a bathroom with shower. A stone staircase leads up to the first floor with a double bedroom, a bathroom with shower and another bedroom with double bed in the loft (on request this room can become a twin room by adding an extra bed on the floor level). A staircase in the kitchen leads down to the basement with the laundry room.
The 8000 sqm property is fully fenced-in and is largely composed of an olive grove with centuries-old trees, where you can stroll about. The garden around the house is characterized by large areas of lawn, where children can run around freely, and is enriched by a varied assortment of fragrant plants: lavender at the entrance to the property, rosemary and sage adorning the low dry walls. Hazel, cherry and tall oak trees along the perimeter fence complete this beautiful natural setting. Also at the guests' disposal is a vegetable garden with assorted seasonal vegetables. The portico outside the living room and kitchen is perfect for relaxing and for alfresco dining and is furnished with table and chairs. The property includes a parking area, reached via an internal gravel driveway directly from the entrance gate.
The swimming pool, open from the last Saturday in April to the first Saturday in October, is located on terracing at a lower level with respect to the house, about 20m away, and can be reached along a short flight of steps and a paved pathway through the grass. It is south-facing with a beautiful view over the beautiful expanse of woods stretching out in front. The pool is in-ground only on three sides and measures 4 x 8m with a constant depth of 1.30m. It is lined in PVC with a wooden border and is equipped with a ladder for entry into the water. Purification is chlorine and it is equipped with both internal and external lighting. A 300 sqm area of lawn, bordered by olive trees to create areas of natural shade, has been set up as a sunbathing area with sunbeds, deckchairs and umbrella.
(We remind that the herein contained information and any possible updates are to be attested by the Property Manager).
- Response rate:
- Response time:
- within a few days
- English, French, German, Spanish, Russian, Italian
- Calendar last updated:
- May 19, 2018
Pool / Spa
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
Check-in: 4:00 PM
Check-out: 10:00 AM
Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
Beautiful villa in idyllic setting, fabulous pool
The villa, which is a converted barn, is beautiful, very tastefully decorated and with a fabulous swimming pool within the olive grove - located near a town but on a quite difficult to navigate narrow hill road, so best for confident drivers. The owner was very friendly and helpful, we had a fantastic week-long relaxing stay and would love to return.
The property is located in the prestigious wine-producing area of Chianti Rufina, extending along the slopes of the Tuscany-Romagna Appenines, in the north-east area of Florence, and which has a very high quality Sangiovese grapes which has been assigned the DOCG label (Denominazione di Origine Controllata e Garantita = Controlled Designation of Origin Guaranteed). The area is particularly interesting for lovers of good wine, with tastings in the many neighbourhood farms, but also for those who would like to follow the CAI (Club Alpino Italiano) trekking routes along the beautiful little paths marked in the woods, or try sport fishing and horse riding in the area. Rufina, about two and a half kilometres from the property, has all services and shops to meet the demands and needs of the guests. Moreover, the frequent services from its railway station will get you to Florence in just half an hour, thus avoiding the problem of parking. The area is also interesting for the presence of numerous outlets with big brand names, like those in Reggello (20 km away) or Barberino. The property is within easy reach of the airports in the region, Florence (37 km) or Pisa (111 km). The nearest A1 motorway exits are Incisa-Reggello (26 km), coming from the south, and Firenze Sud (27 km), coming from the north.
Airports: Firenze 37 km, Pisa 111 km, Roma Fiumicino 305 km, Milano Malpensa 389 km
Train Station: Rufina 2,8 km
Highway: coming from South: A1 exit Incisa- Reggello 26 km; coming from North: A1 exit Firenze sud 27 km
Attractions within 100 km: Fiesole 27 km, Vallombrosa 27 km, Firenze 35 km, Greve in Chianti 49 km, Radda in Chianti 57 km, Arezzo 76 km, San Gimignano 80 km, Monteriggioni 81 km, Montecatini Terme 84 km, Siena 92 km, Cortona 99 km
Services and shops: Rufina 2,7 km, Pontassieve 11 km
Beach: Tyrrhenian Sea - Forte dei Marmi 144 km; Cecina Mare 150 km
Access road: 1,7 km of close and unpaved road, the width is not suitable for vehicles over 2.20 m, some parts are uphill and cemented, not suitable for caravans
Additional pricing information
- To be paid at the time of booking: 25% as DEPOSIT (non-refundable) calculated on the listed price; - To be paid within 60 days prior to the beginning of lease: 75% as BALANCE to be paid by bank transfer or credit card. 5,9% Emma Villas Commissions INCLUDED in the final price of the reservation: this includes costs for opening and management of the practice, customer assistance service 7 days per week, agency commission, EUROP ASSISTANCE POLICY to cover penalties in case of cancellation of the stay). At your arrival will be requested (by the property owner) the damage deposit (totally refundable in case of no damages at the end of the stay). Damage Deposit: 600,00€ The price includes: fully cleaned property equipped with linens utilities (water - gas for kitchen use) The price does not include: electricity (€ 30,00/week in low season; € 60,00/week in medium and high season) heating (on consumption up to date market prices) tourism tax (not applicable)