For weddings, please see the conditions at the bottom of this page.
Set in the most beautiful Tuscan landscape, this wonderful 8 BD - 7.5 BA Villa dates back to the XVI century and is part of the Ripanera winemaking estate, where fabulous red wine and olive oil have been produced for many years.
The property is strategically located to easily explore all of Tuscany’s main places of interest, being just a few minutes away from the historic town of San Casciano Val di Pesa and only about 10 miles away from downtown Florence.
Surrounded by a truly magnificent garden, the property boasts unobstructed views on the typical Chianti hills, dotted with vineyards and olive groves. With its unique blend of indoor and outdoor living, the villa provides a perfect setting to enjoy an unforgettable holiday with family & friends and caters to those who are ready to mix a relaxing time into the exploration of the most wonderful places in Tuscany!
*** The property video (made in July 2017) can be viewed directly on this page or at this link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=debjTuFVaBo ***
About the property.
The property has been in the family of the current owners for more than 50 years. It is comprised of a main villa and a guest cottage (located right next to the villa), with a total of 8 bedrooms and 7.5 bathrooms. Most of the interiors have recently been extensively renovated, including a whole new kitchen, all new bathrooms, new upholstery and refurbished bedrooms.
The thorough attention to details while renovating, from the careful selection of the materials used, to the exquisitely appointed furniture and the selection of art hanging on the walls, has contributed to creating a truly unique space that perfectly blends with the villa’s original structure.
The villa is surrounded by 20 hectares (49 acres) of immaculately kept vineyards and olive groves. The garden boasts a lovely terracotta terrace full of herbs and fruit trees overlooking the vineyards, several shade areas including a wisteria covered pergola, perfect for relaxing during the hot summer days, and an oversized private pool.
Spreading over a surface of more than 8,500 square feet, with 8 wonderfully decorated bedrooms (all air conditioned), the villa offers the ultimate accommodation for your dream luxury holiday in Tuscany!
The estate is located just less than 1 mile away from the charming village of Cerbaia, in the very heart of Tuscany. Its main square is the focal point of the village and home to the local market held weekly. Several excellent restaurants & cafes, including ‘La Tenda Rossa’ (awarded a Plate in the Michelin Guide 2017), a small supermarket and many other typical grocery stores & craft shops can be found here.
San Casciano Val di Pesa, a historic Tuscan town, is only about 10 minutes away by car (4 miles). Here it is possible to find some very good restaurants, bars and several shops selling local products: grocers, butchers, pastry shops, bakeries and a large supermarket. All services are provided as well: banks with ATM, a post office and pharmacies.
One of the great assets of the villa’s location is the ability to get into Florence in less than 20 minutes whilst also having the chance to easily explore the Chianti region and its vineyards (such as the new and extraordinary Antinori vineyard, world renowned for its superior wines and breathtaking architecture). The villa lies in a perfect location for a day trip exploring the city of Florence or the vineyards of Chianti, followed by a refreshing jump into the villa’s magical pool at the end of the day.
Siena is about 37 miles away (approx. 50 minutes by car), while the Florence Airport is about 14 miles away and the “Santa Maria Novella” train station (Florence’s main train station) is 13 miles away.
The nearest supermarket and grocery stores are less than a mile away (within walking distance).
Layout of the main villa.
The main villa spreads over 2 floors and is about (7,000 sq. ft.) in size. There are a total of 6 double bedrooms, several spacious living spaces and a fully equipped kitchen.
- “Summer living room” overlooking the pool
- Entrance hall with fireplace
- Living room with TV
- Fully equipped kitchen (with open-wood fireplace)
- Dining room (with table seating up to 18 guests)
- Breakfast room (next to kitchen, for additional dining space)
- One powder room
- Outdoors terrace with a large dining table (seating up to 16 guests), and a pergola directly connected to the kitchen for enjoying wonderful views
- 1 bedroom with King bed and en-suite bathroom (with shower)
- 1 bedroom with two twin beds (that can be joined to form a King bed upon request) and en-suite bathroom with shower
- 2 bedrooms with Queen beds and en-suite bathrooms (with shower)
- Pool/billiard room
- Two further bedrooms with Queen beds sharing one bathroom with shower
Layout of the guest cottage (located right next to the main villa).
The guest cottage spreads over 2 floors and is about (1,800 sq. ft.) in size. There are a total of 3 double bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, two living rooms and a fully equipped kitchen.
- “Summer living room” with TV
- Second living room with fireplace
- Large fully equipped kitchen (with a large breakfast table)
- 1 bedroom with 2 twin beds and attached bathroom (with shower)
- Outdoor terrace with pergola directly connected to the kitchen and living area, with a large dining table (seating up to 10) perfect for “al fresco” dining
- 1 bedroom (with Queen bed) and attached bathroom (with shower)
- *** An extra bedroom with 2 twin beds can be made available upon request. ***
The property can comfortably welcome up to 16 guests. Upon request, an additional bedroom can be arranged (as mentioned above), so to accommodate up to 18 guests between the main villa and the guest cottage.
The Pool Area.
The villa’s magnificent private pool features a full set of comfortable sun loungers, oversize beds and umbrellas. Being exposed to the sun practically all day, the pool water reaches ideally warm temperatures (often up to 30-31 Celsius/86-88 Fahrenheit). The pool is 25 meters long x 8 meters wide (82 x 27 ft).
- Air conditioning
- Oversized swimming pool overlooking the property’s beautiful landscape
- Private garden and spacious private parking
- Wi-fi internet
- Satellite TV
- Hi-Fi Stereo
- Pool Room (Billiard Room)
- Two fully equipped kitchens (1 in each villa)
- On-site winery
**“City Tax” of € 1.50 per person per night applicable for a maximum of 7 nights during the period of March 1st to October 31st, is to be paid upon arrival as per the city's regulatory rules (kids under 14 are exempt).**
**Conditions to hold weddings at the property**
- The minimum chargeable rate during the high season (Early May-Mid October) would be for 7 nights. The usual minimum stay is 7 nights Saturday to Saturday, exceptions can be made to allow a shorter stay but the rate will remain for a 7 night stay.
- The hiring of the villa’s preferred wedding planner is mandatory.
- A wedding/event fee, for the permission to hold the wedding at the property with non-villa residents attending, would apply extra (the amount varies according to the final number of guests). The maximum number of guests allowed for any event on the property is 50-60 people.