|Minimum Stay||2 - 5 nights|
On major railway and highway aerial axis an independent house in a quiet inner courtyard and garden, away from the village bell tower in front of a bakery pastry excellence and 300 m of a confectionery famous for its sweets, at the foot of the vineyards and close to Colmar and Munster Valley, this property will delight lovers
- Art and culture treasures sheltered by the proximity of Colmar and its region, and beyond Alsace whole
- Gastronomy in being at one of the sources of wealth offered by Alsatian cuisine
- Nature, space, relaxation and sports activities in the environment of the foothills of the Munster Valley and VOSGES, hiking, horseback or bicycle (bike paths own site, piedmont and valley etc ...), Climatic and ski resorts, MARATHON OF PEAKS in summer and winter, ice, water and riding centers, rowing on the RHINE, baptism air ballooning. etc ...
We spent a happy week in Anita and Julien's beautifully renovated cottage, on a shared courtyard with their home which was the original mairie in the village. Across the street is the Boulangerie Patisserie Rebert Pascal. The cottage has all conveniences tucked cunningly into the space available - and all in great good taste. Our daughter loved her room with French balcony hung with bright red geraniums and we enjoyed our garden space with a cozy nook just for us. Our hosts could not have been more hospitable and helpful with ideas for our stay and advice on making the most of the Alsace Wine Route. We would highly recommend this property.
We were six occupants. Couple plus four children.
The house was convenient and suitable with all amenities.
Our hosts were friendly and accommodate.
We enjoyed our stay very much.
We arrived to a very warm welcome from Anita and Julian, they were the loveliest of hosts that we have met in our 20 yrs of travelling.
The 'little house' has virtually everything that you would need, and I am sure that if you wanted anything else, all you needed to do was to ask. The WiFi was sketchy, but there were 4 of us using it simultaneously.
The beds were comfortable and we slept well. Plenty of fresh linen.
Washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, all worked perfectly.
The boulangerie was literally across the road and our son enjoyed going to get breakfast.
The region is by far the prettiest place that we have visited. The people are friendly and welcoming.
We went to Germany and Switzerland for day trips and into the mountains twicce. Colmar and strasbourg were both good places to visit too. For car enthusiasts, Mulhouse is a must visit.
The wine is lovely and we tried local specialities, we didn't have a bad meal out once in 2 weeks.
We would definitely go back to the region, was sorry to leave.
Thank you Anita and Julian :)
Piece of heaven in a small town outside of Colmar! The innkeepers are the most hospitable hosts that we have ever stayed with. Julien went out of his way to call around and find a farm that was still open for dinner at the end of their season. Anita, had a wonderful pastry, bottled water, and juice waiting for us when we arrived. Their place was so comfortable and clean! They also brought over a bottle of wine for us on our second day, we felt like family before we left! My girls said that they want to come back and stay here for their honeymoons. So charming!
This lovely renovated barn/apartment is in a very good location for visiting the many beautiful surrounding towns. It is quite new, modern, very clean and has comfortable furniture and beds. A well fitted kitchen with everything you could need. Also secure car parking. Great to have the bakery directly across the road. We can't say enough about the owners Anita and Julien, so friendly and helpful. Our week would not have been half as good had it not been for the detailed information supplied to us for our outings. There is much more to the area than we had realised. Apart from visiting the well known Colmar ( a very short drive), pleasant train journey to Strasbourg many other close lovely historical villages and on a rainy day the Motor museum in Mullhouse was highlight. We enjoyed the walk in the hills to visit the two lakes and the cafe half way down with apple tart and coffee, the cows with the bells in the fields. Last but not least - the food and wine of the Alsace area is fabulous, Anita and Julien also pointed us in the direction of nice wineries and restaurants. Wish we could have stayed an extra week, much more to see and do. Thank you for a wonderful week.
This location is ideal to see the area, really ideal. It is close to nice places to eat, and close to Voges destinations. The local roads are beautiful and each direction has something new to see. We went during the Tour de France so each stage had a new location. We watched the stage live and then came back to the house to watch the finish on TV. Our hosts provided invaluable instructions to get to the Tour de France locations.There are Voges valleys, summits, forests and villages all within a 30-45 drive (up to the high ski areas) or less time for vineyards and so forth, maybe only 5 or 10 min away. We road bikes right around the village and fields. There is a bakery right across the street from the apartment and everything that you need is available at the apartment. We have children and it works great for them because there are bunk beds and there is plenty of room to sit in the living room or outside. The apartment is clean and well kept up. The owners are super friendly and helpful and they are enthusiastic to help a traveler to enjoy the region. There is room for a car, bikes, and whatever else on the premises. The owners were flexible and helpful for the duration of our stay. I would highly recommend this property. Enjoy your visit to the Voges. Plenty of good wine, cheese, flammkuchen, and so forth. Look for the outdoor markets. Bon Journee.Gute Reise
DO NOT MISS:
The harvest and the new wine and the new sauerkraut
CHRISTMAS MARKETS, THE SAINT NICOLAS AND NEW YEAR HOLIDAYS
illuminations of cities and villages in the region
November 24 until December 30, 2016, opening day of the 5 Christmas markets of Colmar (4 + 1 outside inside, children's market, ice rink, carousel) and staggered opening of Christmas markets in the region,
enchanting and picturesque setting in EGUISHEIM (favorite French town of 2013, wonder market KAYSERSBERG,), medieval market in RIBEAUVILLE, traditional in RIQUEWIHR, crafts and flavors in ROUFFACH, Bredlamarik market and the New Year MUNSTER and also the wineries and farms and christmas decorations with their times of Advent to Epiphany ...
the bakers and pastry specialties year-end such as Bredalas, Beraweckas, Leckerlis and other festive delicacies and traditional meals and desserts NEW YEAR and patties of the kings of the EPIPHANY
COLMAR CITY OF ART AND CULTURE (10 minutes drive)
on the list of 52 most beautiful world destinations 2016 NEW YORK TIMES - REOPENING the Museum of UNTERLINDEN with famous ALTARPIECE ISSENHEIM On the BARTHOLDI Museum (creator of the Statue of Liberty NEW YORK) the INTERNATIONAL MUSIC FESTIVAL etc. ...
- The enchanting setting of EGUISHEIM (quoted from Pope Leo IX and the French town favorite 2013-5 min drive)
- Good addresses WINE CELLARS Eguisheim, Herrlisheim, Obermorschwihr, Voegtlinshoffen, Husseren castles, etc ...
- SPECIALTY ALSACIENNE THE TABLE
(Meats, sauerkraut, foie gras, Baeckeofe, Knepfle, Flammekueche, Pretzel, Kugelhopf etc.).
- COLMAR OLD charm, picturesque and locations and streets with ancient houses architectural monuments, SAINT MARTIN, the UNTERLINDEN, Koïfhus, COURTHOUSE (former SUPREME COUNCIL OF ALSACE) PFISTER houses and HEAD, LOGGIAS place Saint Martin and told HOTEL SAINT JEAN, TANNEURS DISTRICT, LITTLE VENICE etc ..
- Masterpiece ALTARPIECE OF ISSENHEIM of GRUNENWALD, jewel SCHONGAUER VIRGIN TO BUSH OF ROSES, UNTERLINDEN museums and BARTHOLDI in COLMAR,
- The environment of forests, lakes and mountains "balloons" of the Vosges (ALPS view on a clear day) the ROUTE CRETES, health resorts of TROIS EPIS LABAROCHE and balcony on the plain of Alsace, the Munster Valley ( starting point of the most beautiful hiking and mountain biking) the altitude villages and farm inns, treasures of Romanesque, Gothic and renaissance Haute Alsace (Abbey MURBACH etc ..), medieval castles in promontories ( Trois Chateaux 'EGUISHEIM, Hohlandsbourg Pflixbourg, KATZENTHAL, KAYSERSBERG, etc. RIBEAUVILLE near the city of RHINE NINE BRISACH fortified by Vauban and the charming city of VIEUX BRISACH and later the city of FREIBURG, Germany.
SITES THE GREAT WAR 1914/1918
The Old Armand (Hartmannswillerkopf), the linen etc ..
ROUND HOLIDAY, wine festivals and gourmet specialties in the Villages and Cities which CELEBRATION OF A FROG HERRLISHEIM, flower parades and FESTIVALS etc ...
THE ROUTE OF THE PEAKS, BALLOONS d'Alsace, Vosges LAKES OF FARM-HOUSES MOUNTAIN
HIKING BY CAR, WALKING, CYCLING, HORSE plain in the valleys and mountains and tree climbing in La Bresse, UPPER KOENIGSBOURG from the sky by drone etc ...
THROUGHOUT THE SEASONS OF ALSACE
- Many cultural events and festivals, musical and lyrical season THEATRE COLMAR including the OPERA and THE RHINE by many local associations but also antique shops, galleries and exhibitions of plastic and decorative art or specialized, MINERAL EXCHANGE, OF SHOWS ANTIQUES, the BOOK, FASHION, flea markets etc ..
.- The Alsace Asparagus (April), the INTERNATIONAL FESTIVAL MUSIC COLMAR (July), the FAIR WINE Colmar and Tuesdays at COLLEGIATE SAINT MARTIN (August) the MUSIC FESTIVAL RIBEAUVILLE OLD and sauerkraut new (September) the harvest (September to the end of the year late) followed new wine served with bacon and walnuts, piedmont and its autumn colors and adornment of winter and many other events and charms of Alsace ......
AND A LITTLE FURTHER
- NORTH, on the wine route, after SELESTAT (the church SAINTE FOY, the HUMANIST LIBRARY etc.), the castle of UPPER KOENIGSBOURG (which was shot the film La Grande Illusion), the cities of ANDLAU , OBERNAI, ROSHEIM etc.) MONT SAINTE ODILE (patron saint of Alsace and site of the former convent Hohlandsberg which was illuminated the famous Hortus deliciarum) STRASBOURG EUROPE capital of its sublime and iconic CATHEDRAL and its museum of WORK OUR LADY until WISSEMBOURG through HAGUENAU (capital HOHENSTAUFEN)
|Chauffage, nettoyage dép||£86|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£257|
|Taxe de séjour adulte||£ 1 per person per night|
** This rate is subject to a per person/per night fee. The displayed price reflects one guest.