>Beautiful Victorian house, newly refurbished, on quiet street, 3 minutes walk to the hustle and bustle of Shepherd's Bush, (west) central London.
I always have a sparkly Christmas tree up during December...
It's incredibly well connected for London sight-seeing, being just a 10 minute tube (=subway/underground) ride to the sights. You can also walk around the corner to Westfield, London's newest and classiest shopping mall, the old BBC HQ, now a smart place to eat/drink cocktails. Very near Holland Pk, Notting Hill and Olympia...
>Summary of my house:
- 4 bedrooms: 3 double bedrooms with big, luxurious beds, and a 4th sweet little bedroom with a single, very comfortable divan bed, that would suit an adult as well as a child.
- Kitchen doors open (concertina) onto a patio so you can walk straight out...
- I will provide you with crisp white cotton linen and towels provided and cooking essentials.
- Suitable for professionals, friends and also families. Garden (patio).
- Child friendly: I have a high chair, comfy travel crib with clean bedding, baby video monitor, toys, books... I can also provide a side barrier for the single divan bed if your child is too big for a cot but you worry about them falling out of the bed! Useful for, perhaps, a for a 2-5 year old...
My house has two floors (levels). With carpeted stairs. And a stair gate at the top. No one else lives above or below you...
- Entrance hall with stairs going up to most of the bedrooms.
- Spacious main open-plan living/kitchen area with large oak table and 8 chairs, two big sofas the other end for sitting and chatting, glass coffee table, TV with cable, Netflix etc... Glass doors leading out to the patio. Underfloor heating.
- It's a very well equipped kitchen for cooks. Dishwasher, electric oven with grill and an electric halogen (induction) hob, microwave, Caffitiere coffee maker, blender, electric rice cooker, toaster. Also a washing machine with tumble dryer. And the magic Quooker kitchen tap which dispenses boiling water, filtered water or normal hot/cold.
- Large patio garden with large rectangular table and 8 comfy chairs for al fresco dining!
- Bedroom 1 - spacious room with lovely brand new king size bed, wardrobe, underfloor heating, chest of drawers, touch lamps, suitcase stand...
- Downstairs WC and shower room (bathroom 2) - this was built in summer 2018 so is brand new and made with lovely Italian stone porcelain tiles, under floor heating.
- Bedroom 2 has a King bed (Americans call this a Queen - it's 5' 5" wide), a tall wardrobe with hangers, antique table and chair for writing, chest of drawers for clothes, mirror, suitcase stands etc.
The bed has a pocket sprung orthapedic mattress topper which makes it even more comfortable. It's medium-firm.
- Bedroom 3 has a luxurious, massive, super king (6 ft wide) divan bed with pocket sprung mattress and mattress topper.
- Bedroom 4 has a sweet divan, curtains with a sweet farmyard print, and a little cabinet. And a doll's house with people and Sylvania animals inside. This is a very small room but it's really sweet and cosy.
- Bathroom 1 with bath and shower (shower is inside the bath rather than a separate walk in shower). Bath has an overhead rose shower and also a second shower head that you can use while sitting in the bath (I like this!). Basin, WC. Heated towel rail.
> Guest access
The whole house and patio/terraced garden...
>Interaction with your host (me)
You have the place yourselves! But I will be contactable throughout your stay by phone, text, whatsapp, FaceTime or email - whatever your preferred mode of your communication!. If you have a foreign phone, you can can call me from the house phone to save your phone costs!
When you book, I will send you information about everything from where to buy food, swim, run, do yoga, eat out (best London vegan and gluten free restaurants included!) and some kids' activities. Also the house manual (how to use the oven etc).
If you come at a time when I am on away then you can collect keys from my friendly local convience store, if you give them a secret code (which changes with each collection for security reasons). I will also telephone you once you are there to make sure you are happy and answer any questions - and be a telephone call away during your stay.
Very central - just next door to Holland Park/Notting Hill but a bit more cosmopolitan, especially along the Uxbridge Road where you can eat yourself round the world every night.
The four streets in this Caxton triangle (as they call it) are very quiet, a little Oasis of calm in the midst of bustling West London. Everyone who comes comments on how quiet the street is, given how much goes on round the corner!
A few minutes walk and the area is buzzing with bars and restaurants, cinemas, Westfield...
Culture: Opera in Holland Park, other music venues such as Bush Hall and the Shepherd's Bush Empire. A lovely new local theatre, The Bush Theatre, if you prefer off-Broadway/fringe…
Nice river walks… not far to walk to the lovely Holland Park and Hyde Park which are glorious especially in summer.
Amazing restaurants within a 5 minute walk. Uxbridge road is very cosmopolitan and lots of food from around the world.
Westfield shopping centre is right next door. BBC is a 5 minute walk. Olympia a 10 minute walk.
Very well connected via tubes and buses to central London and you can taxi/uber for £10.
Vibrant community with local theatre, parks, yoga/pilates place, wine bar, coffee shops, cinemas...
Very central. 3 minute walk to tube, buses and overground train.
When you book, I will send you detailed information with maps and links for getting around including my best tips to get here from airports...
Most people won't have cars but if you do, and if you want to park right outside the house, you can. As with most London streets, it's pay and display - for £2.80 an hour.
For longer term parking, you can park in the Westfield shopping centre for £8 for an entire 24 hours - the cheapest place in central London! - and leave it over night for no extra charge - my friends all park there if they are coming to town! You can leave your car there overnight or multiple nights safely. It's a safe 5 minute walk back to the house, via Waitrose if you need some groceries! :)
I'd be most grateful if you would observe these rules:
1. No smoking.
2. No shoes in the house.
3. No pets.
4. Use coasters on the antique oak kitchen table or use the vinyl tablecloth if that's easier!
5. No hot pans, chopping or lemon directly on the granite kitchen surface please to avoid damage.
6. Enjoy the space!