Pilrão's House is located in a quiet and pleasant camp area, with an excellent panoramic view over the sea and mountains. Features private swimming pool (11x7m) heated to maintain a minimum temperature of 22 º C, with careful monitoring of water quality, solarium with outside dining table, lounge chairs and sun umbrellas, outdoor shower and barbecue area with a wood-fired oven where you can cook your grilled dishes. The living room has a fireplace ideal for winter. The kitchen is fully equipped with toaster, microwave, Blender, Toaster, coffee machine, dishwasher. Offers radio, Cable Tv, and wi-fi internet. Pilrão's House is fully furnished and equipped with bed linen and toilets so you can spend unforgettable holidays.
3 bedrooms, 6 people stocking in Calheta, near the beach and the mountain.
- english, french, spanish, portuguese
- Calendar last updated:
- 15 Nov 2018
Pool / Spa
100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date. 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
Lovely location and facilities. Holiday was over too quickly.
Generally loved it. The villa is exceptional in many respects and the pool is well maintained.
Would have preferred more comfortable beds and a less noisy fridge/freezer. A shortage of mugs and some items of cutlery meant there had to be regular washing up despite the use of the dishwasher.
Beautiful location with exceptional views. Excellent location away from the crowds.
We really enjoyed our stay here, excellent location for exploring the rest of the island which we did and saw much of the exceptional scenery Madeira offers, We did hire a car and used it!
The villa was beautiful and we loved the pool and facilities, we made full use of barbecue, eating alfresco every day! Calheta offers a range of restaurants, a supermarket and bank and opportunities for Whale watching and fishing trips and swimming from the two beaches. We really enjoyed our stay in Madeira and so good to meet Pedro and his father who made us feel very welcome.
Thanks for your lovely review.
We are glad that you enjoyed our house and our Island.
A great Find
The house is fresh and clean, just as the pictures show, with everything you could want . The pool is a great size as is the area around it.
The location is great for exploring the island and many levada walks.
There are several good restaurants, within a 15 minute walk down a steep path that is well lt, we also enjoyed the stroll back up. If you prefer it is a 5 minute drive to Calheta.
Pedro and his father gave us a warm welcome on arrival and showed us around before leaving us to enjoy their home.
We had a great holiday, and would highly recommend this holiday home.
We look forward to returning. Thank you very much
Thanks you for your lovely review.
We are very delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at our house. We hope that you came soon.
Pedro and family
We had a fantastic holiday at this wonderful house. Pedro and his parents were brilliant hosts. We could not recommend it highly enough. Great house; great pool; great location; great island. Thank you!
Thank you for your lovely review. We are very delighted that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay at "Casa do Pilrão". Thank you for recommend a holiday in Madeira and especially in our House. We hope see you soon. Pedro and Fernanda Alves
Very happy to go back there
Really good villa in a nice spot. The photos are representative and the owner was helpful. Really good value holiday.
Thank you for your lovely review. I am happy that you had a good value holidays in Madeira and my House.
Fantastic - the perfect house in Madeira
Even looking back almost 1 year after our stay, I can only write the absolute best about Casa do Pilrao, Fernanda and her Family. We have been searching very thoroughly for our house to rent: we wanted it to have a fantastic view and a good atmosphere, be in a quiet yet not off-the-grid area, and offer complete privacy. The photos and description here are absolutely accurate, I even checked the property on different satellite services before booking - so we pretty much knew what we were getting into. But reality surpassed by far every expectation we had:
- Fernanda and her Family were very helpful, quick to reply to any questions we had, and generally nice people to have interesting conversations with about life in Madeira (we’ve met her husband and son).
- The house is built in traditional Madeira style with a very good taste (so it's not overdone) - it has soul, you feel part of the island. We have looked at many minimalistic, uber-luxury houses with fantastic photos before booking this one - we’ve had a peek in some of them during our stay, and they were all a letdown compared to their photos and to Pilrao (they seemed out of place, could have been anywhere on the planet).
- The villa is above and next to a banana plantation, way above the public street, neighboring houses are conveniently far, the mountain it’s built on is very steep. So the only ones who might have any sort of view at the pool and grounds are those who visit the one and only house "directly" (20+ m) above Pilrao - but they don’t rent out theirs and are rarely there (only for 1 night during our 10 night stay).
- WiFi and all appliances worked fine throughout the grounds, the bed in the master bedroom is very comfy, house and pool was immaculately clean.
- Price/value ratio of Casa do Pilrao is exceptional. Do keep it like that :)
- Do NOT worry about potential noises from the hotel down the valley by the ocean - there are none (and we’re very sensitive). The construction is complete (as of summer 2015), sounds from the rooftop bars and pools do not reach the house. Complete silence.
- DO rent a car (small and fast)! You WILL need it to get your groceries (5 mins in Calheta down by the ocean) and basically to get to ANYWHERE on the island :) It IS a must.
- Madeira is fantastic. People generally are friendly and relaxed, food is good, nature is simply BREATHTAKING almost anywhere you go
Probably our best vacation so far. Thank you again, Fernanda & Family! :)
Thanks very much. I hope that you and your family could come again visit us.
Luxury Villa with private heated pool, beautiful sea and mountain views. Is located 1 km away from the Village of Calheta, with a small shopping area, supermarket, restaurants, where is situated a marina and, where we can find one of the few sand beaches on the island. The House of Pilrão is about 30 minutes from Funchal and 45 minutes from the airport.
Additional pricing information
- As reservas são tratadas pelo proprietário. - As tarifas são baseadas em 2 hóspede(s); adicione 20€ por noite, por hóspede adicional adulto e 10€ criança . -A estadia mínima é de 7 noites. No entanto, podemos admitir estadias mais curtas, sempre que houver disponibilidade. - A casa e a piscina são para uso exclusivo de quem a alugue.