This apartment is officially registered as local accommodation. It's the second home of a common Portuguese family. Has all the necessary equipment for a family to spend the holidays and is near the beach and the city of Lisbon, the coolest city in Europe.
This apartment has one bedroom with a very comfortable double bed, a twin bed in a large living room overlooking the sea. It also has a balcony with superb views over the sea. There are many restaurants where you can enjoy fresh fish and seafood caught in the area and all snacks of typical Portuguese food.
If you like the bustle of cities, use your car or take the bus to Lisbon (40 km) and enjoy the shops, historic sites, bars and beautiful places that you will never forget. We give you 8 resasons to stay here:
• Sesimbra is a natural paradise near Lisbon;
• The nightlife of Lisbon rivals the famed Madrid nightlife . The Bairro Alto is the main stage, there are over 250 bars lined up in a web of typical streets with walls painted graffiti. You can also visit the Pension Love at Cais do Sodré, and Lux nightclub .
• The quaint old cafés, taverns and taverns, join now modern and sophisticated restaurants, the famous cod-fish, the cream puffs and pork fillets are unforgettable.
• The irony of the Portuguese and old fun melancholy was reborn with the austerity of recent years. It is helping the Portuguese to keep the irony, even in difficult times.
• The beaches where you can eat great fish on the beach, and castles are some minutes walking away. The beaches and a huge casino in Estoril, Cascais a little further. Sintra is another destination recommended for a visit.
• The design. Lisbon enjoys being beautiful. From clothing to decor, through architecture. The Mude museum of fashion and design and work of award-winning architect Alvaro Siza Viera are even to see.
• The great buildings of art: Gulbenkian, Berardo Collection Museum, Museum of Ancient Art and the Oriental Museum, are among the counseled areas . Capitals such as London, Paris, Berlin and Madrid have collections of art of great success, but Lisbon has its own range of buildings.
• The fascinating streets. No one hates touring Lisbon on the sidewalk “Calçada Portuguesa”and tiles on typical buildings in the city.
Sesimbra is implanted on a hillside within a privileged area of astonishing beauty. This apartment with its position, will provide unique moments of pleasure and relaxation. Due to its natural and weather conditions, this region is ideal for practicing several types of sports all year around.
Several beaches are near the apartment location, are all of fine white and clean sand.
Special for walk and Mountain-Climbing by the sea. Excelent to recover from a busy year.
Bring your family to Sesimbra and they will never forget this excellent place.
Golf Courses near Sesimbra: Aroeira 1: Set beside the south bank of the Tagus just a few minutes from Lisbon, Aroeira is a course that perfectly reconciles the requirements of a championship course whilst being set in beautiful landscape.
Aroeira 2: Designed by the architect Donald Steel, with 18 long holes that contour 6 large lakes
Quinta Do Peru: With the Arrabida mountain range as its backdrop, the Quinta do Peru Golf Course is the newest of the courses situated in a region of castles to the south of river Tagus.
Troia: Designed by Robert Trent Jones, this is one of the most fascinating golf challenges in Portugal, laid out across a peninsula close to the sea, with the majestic backdrop of the Arrabida mountain range, and surrounded by beaches.
Montado: One of the country's newest golf courses set in flat terrain, Montado's landscape is dotted with oaks and Intersected by rivulets and small lakes
History: Portugal, a country with a rich history of seafaring and discovery, looks out from the Iberian Peninsula onto the Atlantic Ocean. Portugal's history has had a lasting impact on the culture of the country: Moorish and Oriental influences in architecture and the arts are prominent.
During the past 3 000 years, Portugal has witnessed a constant ebb and flow of civilisations. Phoenician, Greek, Celt, Carthaginian, Roman and Arabic cultures have all left their imprint. In the 15th century, Portugal’s intrepid maritime explorers led by Vasco da Gama discovered new territories, leading to the accumulation of an overseas empire.
The President, elected for a five-year term by universal suffrage, has limited powers. The parliament has 230 members, whose mandate is for four years.
The university of Coimbra, established in 1290, is one of the oldest in Europe. Among the best-known Portuguese poets are Luís de Camões and Fernando Pessoa.
Transport from Lisbon to Sesimbra: From Lisbon Airport: Use BUS to Praça de Espanha, then BUS to Sesimbra;
From Lisbon-Oriente railway station: Use Subway to Cais do Sodré, Then Ferry to Cacilhas, Then BUS to Sesimbra;
From Lisbon-Santa Apolónia railway station: Use BUS or Subway to Cais do Sodré, Then Ferry to Cacilhas, Then BUS to Sesimbra;
You may use Taxi from Lisbon to Sesimbra (about 50 euros, Ask for an invoice to the taxi driver before paying).