|Minimum Stay||3 - 7 nights|
Le Pluvier is the original stables of the farm and offers a high degree of comfortable and spacious accommodation with exposed beams, sloping ceilings and also contains a ground-floor double bedroom with en-suite bathroom.
Key features include:
- large double bedroom with comfortable bed and en-suite shower
room on the ground-floor
- large twin bedroom with comfortable beds and en-suite shower
- large double bedroom with comfortable bed with its own
- fully fitted, well-equipped kitchen with dishwasher, washing
machine, microwave, fridge-freezer, 4-burner hob, oven, electric
kettle and espresso coffee maker
- comfortable chairs in the lounge and dining room
- TV with satellite English Freeview channels and other worldwide
news channels, wi-fi internet access, iPad/iPod docking
station, dvd player, cd player
- large private garden with table and chairs, parasol and gas
Whether you are looking for a romantic getaway, a place to celebrate with family or relax with friends, Les Petites Cigognes offers you a choice of 2, 3 or 4 bedroom accommodation to meet your needs. Our aim is to provide all the comforts of home and more, to enable you to enjoy the relaxing pace of life in the Loire countryside.
Key features include:
- Large heated swimming pool set in its own fenced area for safety and clearly visible from the gite, large patio area around the pool with wooden lounger chairs and cushions.
- Large private garden with table and chairs, parasol and gas barbecue.
- Baby equipment such as high chairs, cots and baby baths available at no extra cost.
- Plenty of off-road parking outside the gite in the spacious courtyard.
- A site area of 3.3 hectares (8 acres) giving plenty of space to relax and/or amuse the family. Childrens' play equipment.
- Fully fitted, well-equipped kitchen, including espresso coffee machine.
- Wi-fi internet access. iPad/iPod docking station. TV. Dvd and cd player
- Debit and credit card payments are welcome.
Our beautiful, large (12m x 5.5m), heated swimming pool is open from May to September and enveloped by a spacious terrace; it is ideal for relaxing and enjoying the peaceful ambiance of Les Petites Cigognes. This area is easily accessed from the rear of the gites and offers you an enclosed landscaped area for piece of mind for parents and children. The generous terracing allows you plenty of individual space where you will enjoy uninterrupted views and sunshine from the sun-loungers. The pool and children's play area are contained within two acres of open garden, offering all of your family plenty of space for ball games and other activities.
Barbecue and garden furniture are provided within the large, fenced, personal garden of each gite, giving you as much privacy as you require. To the front in the main courtyard is a large boules area, complete with seating and shade for those who want to take full advantage of this area.
Our ‘clan’ took over all 3 gites to help celebrate a 60th birthday for one of our family – months of planning culminated in a perfect week. This was our second visit to Les Petites Cigognes, having previously visited in 2012, and Ian and Sandra were able to arrange the most perfect weather for us. Incredible!
Your booking will be held upon receipt of 20% deposit or full payment if booking is made less than 8 weeks from the date of commencement. The balance of payment must be made at least 8 weeks prior to arrival.
A damage deposit of £250 per gite will also be required.
The immediate area around Les Petites Cigognes offers a wide range of activities with excellent horse riding being available within 2 km and delightful cycling opportunities around quiet,local lanes.
Descartes was the home of the philosopher René Descartes and has a museum dedicated to his work whilst its superb leisure facilities provide opportunities for tennis, canoeing, fishing as well as other activities. Descartes also has an excellent Sunday market, wine shop and restaurants.
The Touraine region includes a wide variety of superp vineyards, with Chinon, Bourgueil, Vouvray and Saumur all within easy driving distance. Personal visits can arranged to a number of vineyards
Other places to visit include the superb zoo at Beauval, the zoological park at La Haute Touche, Futuroscope at Poitiers, troglodyte caves at St Remy and the Fantasy Forest adventure park near Chaumont.
We highly recommend the Brenne Regional Park. This area of 1000 lakes is superb for cycling, water-sports, walking, bird-watching and anyone interested in nature. At one of its large lakes, Etang de Bellebouche, there is a wonderful beach and opportunities for many watersports.
The Loire Valley is known as the Garden of France and the Cradle of the French Language. It is also renowned for the quality of its architectural heritage and since the year 2000, the central part of the Loire River valley has been a UNESCO World Heritage Site. This recognises its historic towns such as Amboise, Chinon and Tours as well as the smaller towns such as Descartes, Loches and Richelieu. The region is also well known for its châteaux, such as the renowned chateaux at Chenonceau, Chambord, Ussé, Azay le Rideau, Villandry and Chaumont. Others we recommend include Montresor, Loches, Chinon, Rivau and Cheverny. Villandry and Chaumont are well known for their beautiful gardens. All are within easy reach of Les Petites Cigognes.
Les Petites Cigognes is a superb base for birdwatching, with many species being seen and heard directly on site or within walking distance, including Montagu's Harrier, Black Redstart, Golden Oriole and Melodious Warbler.