Located in the private estate of La Almuña, 6 kms south from the renowned village of Gaucin, the property is the perfect hideaway for anyone wanting to experience the outdoor living “Spanish style”. The house itself is surrounded by an outstanding garden, beautifully landscaped around a stunning 17m x 8m private pool, with both shaded and sunny terraces. With its 5 bedrooms, and large sitting rooms, all furnished in antique style, the house also offers ample space to enjoy indoor relaxation, be it to read your favourite book, let yourself drift into a “siesta”, or browse the Internet and read/write e-mails, thanks to the free WiFi Internet connection.
For the sports-inclined, a five minutes stroll will lead you to a shared tennis court that you can enjoy at no extra cost. La Almuña is also known for its horse-riding paths. What is more, within a 45 minutes drive, golf-lovers will find ample choice of golf courses, some of which in very exclusive and secluded neighbourhoods (Sotogrande being one of the most renowned). Local walking guides can also show you some of the most secret paths that only locals would know, as well as introduce you to the delightful pleasures of migratory birds watching. Do not hesitate to ask for details from our local agent, who will greet you at your arrival, or from our house manager (her contact details will be given to you upon arrival).
- Sitting room
- Fully-equipped kitchen, with a wide dining area
- 2 Twin Rooms with shared bathroom
- 1 double bedroom with ensuite bathroom
Master bedroom with ensuite bathroom and dressing
Twin bedroom with ensuite bathroom
17m x 8m, unfenced, with optional heating (see heating cost details under the Rates section)
- Upon arrival, you will be greeted by our local agent, who will show you around the house and give you recommendations on sight-seeing, etc...
- Cots and high chairs can be pre-arranged if needed
- Cooks can be booked for an evening (at extra cost), details can be obtained from either our local agent or from our house manager, bookings and financial arrangements to be made directly with the cook of your choice
- Our house manager is there to help you, should there be any issue with the property. Her contact details will be provided to you at your arrival
- Pool heating can be arranged at booking, at an extra charge of €150.00 per week
- Minimum stay: one week
- Changeover day: Thursday. Check-in time: 3.00 pm (15.00). Check-out time: 10.00 am.
- Cleaning: three times a week. Additional cleaning available at an extra charge of €9.00 per hour;
- Bedlinen change: once a week.
This is a big rambling home with 10 bed spaces, so 5 of us had plenty of space! good points - the space - it was really super and the master bedroom suite was just what we like in terms of area. The garden - really stunning - with views to die for. We were there in October, but it was warm and sitting in the garden was heaven. The location - I loved it. 6 km from the local town Gaucin. My wife thought it a bit isolated. Can't please everyone. The house manager - brilliant - we had a couple of issues, which she helped us with quickly and efficiently - lovely lady. Downsides - not many really! Pool was 'refreshing' at 22 degrees, but the kids didn't seem to notice! The local restaurant by the railway station is completely amazing and an absolute must is staying in this homely property.
The house location is a perfect base for exploring the very best of what Andalucia has to offer in terms of sight-seeing and breath-taking scenery, but with the added “home-touch” of a private house. Whether to indulge in cultural visits to some of the most beautiful cities like Ronda, Sevilla, Cádiz, or to give in to the “beach appeal”, both Mediterranean (Marbella, for instance) and Atlantic (a short visit to Tarifa is well worth the ride) style, guests will appreciate the “close-by” factor that allows them to visit these places within a day, without having to endure the proximity. And for the days where a one-day outing is “just too much”, but that you do want to “do something”, the village of Gaucin itself, at 6 kms, has plenty to offer, with its castle, regular arts exhibitions, local events such as the Feria and religious processions, as well as its restaurants and tapas bars.
For the more adventurous, a 35 minutes boat trip from Tarifa will land you in Tangier, to experience the Moroccan atmosphere, and another continent!
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Rates quoted are for the property, for up to 10 persons, Cleaning is included at the frequency of 3 times a week (4 hours each time); bedlinen change is included at the frequency of once a week.
Pool heating can be arranged in advance, at an extra charge of EUR 150.00 per week.
All extras, like additional cleani