Newsflash!!! Our cabin was one of two locations shortlisted for a major motion picture. We had blocked off much of the summer into fall to ensure its availability. Filming has been pushed back to next year so we've opened up all of the previously blocked dates!
Looking for a peaceful, cozy get-away-from-the-hustle-of-the-city-kind-of-place? Legacy Log Cabin is where you want to be. 1200 square feet of private space for up to two people, in a stunning log cabin. Set back from a quiet, year-round and paved municipal road, it's located at the entrance of Legacy Maple Farm, a 90 acre, single-forest, producer of 100% pure maple syrup.
Nestled against a stunning rock face and surrounded by predominately maple forest. When you first walk in, the massive hand-hewn round logs and cathedral ceiling create a dramatic, yet warm feeling, and the over-sized windows ensure an abundance of natural light, as well as great views. A spacious loft master bedroom features a statement-piece queen bed, triple-sheeted with luxurious high end linens. You also have the choice of fluffy down or hypo-allergenic pillows and duvet/blankets. Under the loft, the large country kitchen, made of maple cabinetry, surrounding a centerpiece antique butcher block, is outfitted with all the appliances, tools, and basic pantry supplies necessary to satisfy both the 'throw together a meal' and 'gourmet foodie' types. The main floor bathroom has 'in-room control' heated slate flooring for use in cooler weather, and a generously-sized custom two person shower (with 2 shower heads). Outside, on the wrap-around deck, the barbecue area overlooks the maple syrup 'sugar house' and has a close-up view of the property's signature rock face.
At the cabin there is a different flow to things. It is just far enough away from busy town life - a 15 minute drive, and more private than the cottage 'subdivisions' that line many of the lakes in the area. You can breath deeply here, enjoy a star-filled dark sky, listen to the hauntingly beautiful call of distant wolves late into the night, and watch deer from the front window.
Note on Occupancy: The cabin is available for rental year-round, however we do cap the overall monthly occupancy rate to 50% (averaged over the year). Once we reach our target occupancy, the balance of the days are blocked. Our 2018 monthly calendars are now all open, booking early will ensure you get your preferred dates.
Once settled in, you may wish to explore a little. If one of the owner's is on the property during your stay, you could ask for a private tour of the maple syrup 'sugar house' to learn about the making of this 'liquid gold'. If your stay is during 'sap' season (anywhere from February 15 to the end of April, essentially whenever mother nature decides), you could see the maple sap run, the wood-fired evaporator in action, sample maple sap right out of the tree and of course, taste the freshest, and most delicious, maple syrup you have ever had.
If you love outdoor pursuits, you may want to explore some of the private trails that weave through the 90 acres. Here you have the ability to begin adventures right outside your door, during all four seasons (hiking during the spring, summer & fall, cross country skiing, snowshoeing or snowmobiling in winter. It’s also a great property for outdoor photography.
Want to do your adventuring off property? The area is full of opportunities. In spring, summer, or fall, explore hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails, canoe or kayak on countless lakes and rivers, enjoy world class fishing, ride the mountain biking trails, climb some Muskoka rock, go zip lining, to name a few. In winter, you may want to cross country or down hill ski, snowshoe, go on a snowmobile tour, try your hand at dog sledding, or really amp up the romance with an evening sleigh ride.
Looking for something more leisurely to do? You might want to go on one of the area’s historic boat tours, check out the trendy shops in Huntsville and surrounding communities, go antique shopping, attend one of the local festivals, explore amazing local artisan shops, check out the Heritage Centre (for a pioneer experience), indulge in the food culture, enjoy the very active local music scene or watch a live theatre production. You will not be disappointed. Contact the owners and let them know what your interests are, and they can help you plan your perfect getaway!
Why choose our Log Cabin over other vacation rentals?
1. 1200 square feet of private space, built with over-sized logs, for a maximum of two people
2. 90 acres of private forest
3. High-end queen mattress and luxurious bedding
4. Huge gourmet kitchen with antique butcher block island and pantry cabinet
5. Custom-built large two-person shower
6. Heated slate floor in bathroom with adjustable controls
7. Cabin is accessed from a paved road with year-round municipal services
8. Close to Huntsville
9. Close to area beaches, trails, and boat launches
10. On property winter activities of snowshoeing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing. Close to skating and downhill skiing venues
11. Very quiet nights with dark skies, perfect for stargazing
12. Front of cabin features vaulted ceiling with large upper & lower windows (southwest facing for watching sunsets)
13. View of forest or rock cliffs from all windows
14. Immaculately clean
15. Wraparound deck with BBQ (two propane tanks) and custom-made 'log' swing
16. Fire pit nestled beneath stunning rock face
17. Heated in winter by forced air furnace
18. Air conditioner and ceiling fans with remotes - Your choice, your control
19. Emergency back-up power system for comfort and security
20. Windows on all four sides of cabin open for cooling cross breezes in summer
21. Stainless steel dishwasher, range/oven, built-in microwave, refrigerator with ice maker
22. Dining table featuring Muskoka map for planning your adventures
23. Hardwood flooring on main floor and loft / slate flooring throughout kitchen and bathroom
24. Lots of personal storage (double walk-in closet and a dresser)
25. Tons of extra amenities (see below)
* High thread count linens included for queen-sized bed
* Choice of down or down alternative pillows
* Extra blanket in loft, cozy throws for watching TV
* Spa quality towels
* 'Coffee Station' with regular coffee maker, coffee grinder, french press, italian coffee maker
* Toaster, kettle, slow cooker, hand mixer, magic bullet mixer
*Pots & pans with lids, frying pans, skillet with lid, roasting pan with lid, mixing bowls, measuring cups & spoons, spatulas, cooking spoons, whisks, pasta lifter, flippers, mortar & pestle, slotted spoon, ladle, tongs, cheese grater, colanders, veggie peeler, potato masher, ice cream scoop, scissors, cutting boards, cake pan, muffin pans, loaf pans, baking racks, cookie sheets, serving basket & platters, knife set, carving fork, steak knives
* Cutlery, plates, bowls, coffee mugs, water glasses, wine glasses
* Drying mat, dish washing pad & brush, dish towels, oven mitts, pot holders, trivets
* Over 20 spices & herbs, baking powder, baking soda, corn starch, cream of tartar, all purpose flour, white sugar, brown sugar, hot chocolate, Coffeemate, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, rice vinegar, coffee filters, variety of tea
* Free WiFi
* 'Smart' flat screen television & blueray DVD player
* Large selection of DVD movies for you to watch
* Board games available for guest use
* Private library of books & magazines for guests to enjoy
* BBQ tool set
* Two camp chairs for sitting around the fire pit + 2 stadium chairs if you want to sit on the rocks by the fire
* Battery operated lantern
* Day pack, insulated lunch box, freezer pack
* Netted Bug Hats
* Two yoga mats
* Snowshoes & poles available for guest use in winter (please arrange prior to your arrival)
* First aid kit
* Sewing kit
* Iron and ironing pad
* Fire extinguisher
Whether it's springtime with all the maple syrup activities, summer with its land and water pursuits, the stunning colours of fall as leaves ready to drop, or a winter wonderland of fun, the Legacy Log Cabin is ideally set-up as your home base.
Note on Privacy: The cabin has two private suites. The main cabin, with it's loft bedroom, is self-contained and completely private with it's own driveway and entrance. The lower suite is used by Bill and Carolyn (it's walkout lower level entrance and driveway are located on the opposite side of the cabin). It is never rented out. The massive log walls and structurally substantial flooring support act as excellent sound buffers. Our guests often comment on how quiet and peaceful it is in the cabin.
Note on Rates: Nightly rate is listed in CDN $ if using Homeaway.ca. The rate will default to US $ if using Homeway.com or VRBO.com
For more Information and pictures check out our Facebook Pages:
Legacy Log Cabin in Muskoka
Legacy Maple Farm in Muskoka