Note from Bill and Carolyn: "In the last month TWO couples have become engaged while staying at the cabin! Birthdays, anniversaries, marriage proposals - many of our guests visit us for special occasions, and we couldn't be more pleased. The cabin, tucked in by a cliff face and surrounded by woods is an amazing setting. We knew when we renovated the cabin we would not be a one-size-fits-all destination (having a maximum occupancy of two adults, for a 1200 sq ft cabin, is quite uncommon in the vacation rental market). When we read our guest's comments and reviews the words peaceful, quiet, and relaxing stand out. We enjoy meeting our guests at check-in and, whenever possible, saying good-bye at the end of the stay. They always have stories to tell about their favourite experiences in the area, or how they did absolutely nothing, but relax and unwind. We love our little piece of paradise, and are committed to providing the perfect canvas for guests to create their own idea of a romantic get-away."
FALL COLOUR UPDATE!
In an article by the Huffpost, Muskoka is rated #1 on their list of the 'Top 5 Places to Watch the Fall Colours in Canada'. We agree! The latest 'best guess' for early fall colour viewing is around September 15, with colours progressing to peak, then encore with the larches to October 21st. Of course mother nature may have a different plan.
Looking for a peaceful, cozy get-away-from-the-hustle-of-the-city-kind-of-place? Legacy Log Cabin is where you want to be. 1200 square feet of private space for up to two people, in a stunning log cabin. Set back from a quiet, year-round and paved municipal road, it's located at the entrance of Legacy Maple Farm, a 90 acre, single-forest, producer of 100% pure maple syrup.
Nestled against a stunning rock face and surrounded by predominately maple forest. When you first walk in, the massive hand-hewn round logs and cathedral ceiling create a dramatic, yet warm feeling, and the over-sized windows ensure an abundance of natural light, as well as great views. A spacious loft master bedroom features a statement-piece queen bed, triple-sheeted with luxurious high-end linens. You also have the choice of fluffy down or hypo-allergenic pillows and duvet/blankets. Under the loft, the large country kitchen, made of maple cabinetry, surrounding a centerpiece antique butcher block, is outfitted with all the appliances, tools, and basic pantry supplies necessary to satisfy both the 'throw together a meal' and 'gourmet foodie' types. The main floor bathroom has 'in-room control' heated slate flooring for use in cooler weather, and a generously-sized custom two person shower (with 2 shower heads). Outside, on the wrap-around deck, the barbecue area overlooks the maple syrup 'sugar house' and has a close-up view of the property's signature rock face.
At the cabin there is a different flow to things. It is just far enough away from busy town life - a 15 minute drive, and more private than the cottage 'subdivisions' that line many of the lakes in the area. You can breath deeply here, enjoy a star-filled dark sky, listen to the hauntingly beautiful call of distant wolves late into the night, and watch deer from the front window.
Note on Occupancy: The cabin is available for rental year-round, however we do cap the overall monthly occupancy rate to 50% (averaged over the year). Once we reach our target occupancy, the balance of the days may be blocked. We are currently working on our 2019 calendar and will be opening it up for bookings in the next month.
Once settled in, you may wish to explore a little. If one of the owner's is on the property during your stay, you could ask for a private tour of the maple syrup 'sugar house' to learn about the making of this 'liquid gold'. If your stay is during 'sap' season (anywhere from February 15 to the end of April, essentially whenever mother nature decides), you could see the maple sap run, the wood-fired evaporator in action, sample maple sap right out of the tree and of course, taste the freshest, and most delicious, maple syrup you have ever had.
If you love outdoor pursuits, you may want to explore some of the private trails that weave through the 90 acres. Here you have the ability to begin adventures right outside your door, during all four seasons (hiking during the spring, summer & fall, snowshoeing or snowmobiling in winter. It’s also a great property for outdoor photography.
Want to do your adventuring off property? The area is full of opportunities. In spring, summer, or fall, explore hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails, canoe or kayak on countless lakes and rivers, enjoy world class fishing, ride the mountain biking trails, go zip lining or rent a jet ski, to name a few. In winter, you may want to cross country or down hill ski, snowshoe, go on a snowmobile tour, try your hand at dog sledding, or really amp up the romance with an evening sleigh ride.
Looking for something more leisurely to do? You might want to go on one of the area’s historic boat tours, check out the trendy shops in Huntsville and surrounding communities, go antique shopping, attend one of the many local festivals, explore amazing local artisan shops, check out the Heritage Centre (for a pioneer experience), indulge in the food culture, enjoy the very active local music scene or watch a live theatre production. You will not be disappointed. let us know what your interests are, and we can help you plan your perfect getaway!
Why choose our Log Cabin over other vacation rentals?
1. 1200 sq ft of private space, built with over-sized logs, all for a two adult max occupancy
2. 90 acres of private forest to explore
3. Comprehensive 'Area Guide Book' created by Carolyn & Bill for guest use, and tailored towards couples (includes signature experiences and off-the-beaten-track 'local' recommendations)
3. High-end queen mattress covered in luxurious linens with a choice of down or down alternative pillows
4. Lots of personal storage (double walk-in closet and dresser with deep drawers)
5. Fully appointed gourmet kitchen with antique butcher block island and new appliances (all kitchen linens supplied)
6. Wraparound deck with BBQ (two propane tanks) and custom-made 'log' swing
7. Custom-built large two-person shower (spa quality towels supplied)
8. Heated slate floor in bathroom with adjustable thermostat - you control
9. Cabin is accessed from a paved road with year-round municipal services
10. Close to Huntsville (but not too close)
11. Close to area beaches, trails, and boat launches
12. On property winter activities of snowshoeing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing. Close to skating and downhill skiing venues
13. Very quiet nights with dark skies, perfect for stargazing
14. View of forest or rock cliffs from all windows
15. Immaculately clean
16. Fire pit nestled beneath stunning rock face
17. Cabin heated in winter by forced air furnace (so your comfort is ensured)
18. Air conditioner and ceiling fans with remotes for summer cooling - your choice, your control
19. Emergency back-up power system for energy security
20. Windows on all four sides of cabin open for cooling cross breezes in summer
21. Free WIFI
22. Tons of amenities (full list available upon booking) including:
* 'Smart' flat screen television & blueray DVD player
* Large selection of DVD movies and mini series for you to watch
* Board games available (some are old cottage favourites) for guest use
* 'Coffee Station in kitchen with regular coffee maker, coffee grinder, french press, Italian coffee maker
* In the kitchen; herbs & spices, basic baking supplies, hot chocolate, Coffeemate, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, coffee filters, variety of tea, and more
* Day pack, insulated lunch box, freezer pack
* Two yoga mats
* Snowshoes & poles available for guest use in winter (please arrange prior to your arrival)
* First aid kit & sewing kit
* Iron and ironing pad
* Fire extinguisher
Plus Much More!!!
Whether it's springtime with all the maple syrup activities & wild deer visits, summer with its land and water pursuits (and wild raspberries to pick), the stunning colours of fall as leaves ready to drop, or a winter wonderland of fun, Legacy Log Cabin is ideally set-up as your home base.
Note on Privacy: The cabin has two private suites. The main cabin, with it's loft bedroom, is self-contained and completely private with it's own driveway and entrance. The lower suite is used by Bill and Carolyn (it's walkout lower level entrance and driveway are located on the opposite side of the cabin). It is never rented out. The massive log walls and structurally substantial flooring support act as excellent sound buffers. Our guests often comment on how quiet and peaceful it is in the cabin.
Note on Rates: Nightly rate is listed in CDN $ if using Homeaway.ca. The rate will default to US $ if using Homeway.com or VRBO.com
For more Information and pictures check out our Facebook Pages:
Legacy Log Cabin in Muskoka
Legacy Maple Farm in Muskoka