This pristine, private and air conditioned bedroom and bathroom sleeps up to 3 persons in one queen size bed and one twin size bed. The room is spacious enough to accommodate a person with a wheelchair. It also has a ramp entrance. The room is located in a building with several other rentals. The building's second floor terrace is available to all for your enjoyment. The shared kitchen is completely equipped with all your needed utensils, pots and pans. It has a full size refrigerator and stove for your convenience. Wifi and TV is available in your bedroom.
Our property is located in the Barrio Islote of Arecibo, just about 1 hour from the capital, San Juan (SJU airport) and about 1 hour from Aguadilla (BQN airport). Islote is on the north coast of Puerto Rico with 16 Km (10 miles) of coast line, extending from Punta Morrillos lighthouse to the town of Barceloneta. Islote is one of the most enviable locations of Puerto Rico all year long. Visitors will discover diverse and dramatic scenery, including breathtaking beaches, caves, and astonishing rock formations. It was the cradle of the native Taino Indians who left numerous petro glyphs in the Cueva del Indio (Indian Cave), just 5 minutes from our property. The cave and its surroundings have been the stage of numerous movies and TV series, the newest being BBC’s soon to air “Treasure Island”.
Arecibo Sea Breeze is located on coastal route 681 and is very accessible to the following tourist spots:
1. Minutes walking/driving to numerous beaches and surfing spots: Poza del Obispo, La Curva beach, La Cueva de la Vaca, Hollows Point, Playa Grande, Penon de Mera, Las Criollas, and many more
2. La Cueva del Indio (Indian Cave)- 5 min by car; archeological site and scenic views
3. Cueva La Ventana - just a few miles away, a breathtaking cave with a window-like view
3. Bosque Cambalache – 20 min by car; 7 Km (5 miles) of hiking/mountain biking trails; fauna/bird watching; camping
4. Reserva Natural Cano Tiburones – longest estuary in Puerto Rico (10 miles); bird watching; kayaking
5. Punta Morillos Lighthouse – 5 min by car; constructed in 1897-98; dramatic views of coastline
6. Arecibo Observatory- 45 min by car; world’s largest radar-radio telescope operated by Cornell University
7. Parque Cavernas del Rio Camuy- 45 min by car; one of the world’s largest cave networks
8. Old San Juan – 1 hr by car; US National Historic Zone; contains carefully preserved examples of 16-17th century Spanish colonial architecture plus world class shops, cafes, and town squares
9. Castillo San Cristobal/El Morro – 1 hr by car; a World Heritage Site; fortress built by the Spanish beginning 1533
10. El Yunque National Forest – 1 ½ hr by car; the only rainforest within the US National Forest system; over 28,000 acres of verdant foliage and rare wildlife include 13 well maintained hiking trails
11. Premium Outlets in Barceloneta/Walmart/Sams Club – 15 min by car