Katie Anderson - Barefoot Vacations
Great beach community - not a great house
This was our 4th time to stay in Watersound Beach. The neighborhood, beach access, and community amenities are amazing. This review is based on the underlying assumption that we have found this community to be one of the most luxurious communities on 30a. The beach isn't near as crowded as what you'd find in many other areas of 30a and the houses are typically top-notch. I've never seen more than one row of beach chairs setup.
- The house is nice.
- There are many bedrooms for people to sleep.
- Huge positives are that it comes with two golf carts. You can't rent golf carts in this community, so we always try to look for a house that comes with at least one.
- The house was visibly clean.
- The PM company was easy to work with.
- I have to start out with the underlying smell of what I assume is cigarette smoke throughout the house. You smell it as soon as you come in the door. They have attempted to mask it, so it at first smells musty. We came home with all of our clothing (even those that stayed in the suitcase the entire time) smelling like smoke. While the other items below are annoying, I don't even think this house should be on the rental market because of this aspect.
- The 3rd floor has a "bedroom" with two twin beds, but there isn't a bathroom on this floor. This essentially makes the bedroom unusable. Who wants to have to walk down a flight of stairs to go to the restroom at night, etc?
- Even though the house has 5 bedrooms (6 if you count the 3rd floor), only one bedroom has a king bed. Most houses of this size and in this neighborhood have more than one king bed.
- While the kitchen was stocked appropriately for cooking - they weren't stocked enough for eating. As an example, there were about a dozen smaller dessert bowls, but only 4 adult size bowls.
Thank you for your review. Based on the other reviews it is evident your review is of a minority view. The house is a non-smoking property and the cleaner does not smoke. Neither previous or past guests surrounding your reservation have had any issues. Most guest are able to determine bed sizes and bathroom locations prior to booking by reading the listing. If anyone has concerns you may contact us for clarification.
Wonderful Home for Extended Family of Twelve
Our teenage granddaughter summed it up for us all: "I would really like to come back here next summer; this was just great!" The home is beautifully constructed with wonderful natural light through many large windows; excellent finishes, high ceilings, very accommodating floor plan for a large, multi-generational family (six adults/six children ages 16 to 6). The well-furnished and excellently design kitchen offered plenty of room for many to be involved in meal preparation and social time, flowing into living and dining areas. Master suites w/bath (3) were large and well appointed on the first floor (our only critique: the mattresses listed as "queens" for two master suites seemed more like "doubles," making for some cramped adult couple sleeping.) The other bedrooms on the 2nd and 3rd levels also worked out well for us, especially having the game room on 3rd level provided space for kids and adults to play. Gathering/parlor spaces on each level added to the mix of together and private time. Large screened porches on several levels extended the social space. Having the living/dining/kitchen on the 2nd level was perfect. The gorgeous beach and gulf, just over the amazing pristine sand dunes behind the home, are accessed easily especially using the provided two golf carts and four bikes. The management team was excellent, responded to questions before and during our stay very promptly, so we felt very secure in our privacy but knew if problems arose they would readily address issues. . .much appreciated. We highly recommend this property and gated community. . .wonderful pool, bistro and miniature golf, and easy access to other area sights and amenities. Hopefully, next year again!
Excellent Beach House!
We loved the place! Very nice and modern design that was perfect for a large group.
A wonderful Christmas Present to our family!
We really enjoyed our stay at 148 Coopersmith Lane in Watersound, FL during the week after Christmas thru New Year. The house was perfect for our family of 13. The teens enjoyed the 3rd floor playroom and bedroom and the adults enjoyed the privacy of their own suites on the 1st and 2nd floors. The kitchen was well equipped and loved the room available in the separate refrigerator/freezer, especially with a large family. The neighborhood is great and only a short walk to the beach, with walkways all the way. Our boys especially enjoyed the golf putting range and bikes available with the house. Golf cart was great to explore the neighborhood, loved the way the landscape was preserved to it natural habitat, sand dunes, an all the walkways. The only complaint I heard from our group was how long it took for the showers to get hot water, otherwise we all loved our stay and will return!
Fantastic House! Barefoot Vacation Rentals Drafting Additional Dollars from our Credit Card
The house is great! It was in very nice condition, very accurate description on VRBO. The location from the beach is an easy walk, bike ride, or golf cart ride. The kitchen is well stocked. The blender broke on day one and they replaced it within 8 hours. Overall great experience. We would like to rent it again, except for the fact that they are still charging our credit card for unknown fees and will not return calls.
We really enjoyed the area. Our home was a great size for family. An elevator would be nice.
Very nice for large family. I would love to take my handicapped brother but would require an elevator since kitchen is on the second floor. But otherwise beautiful home and amenities!
Thank you for your review. I'm glad the house met the needs of your family.